Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

HEAT!

43 posts in this topic

97 and humid.

I hate this weather more than I can say.

I hope it is a short summer.

104 and dry now... only 3+ more months until it's cool (under 100) again.. :)

We will see how my first summer goes in the Valley of the Sun.... as long as I drink a lot of water, use the pool every day, and stay in the air conditioned indoors, I'll be ok, or so I keep telling myself... or I will run screaming back to Colorado..

I could care less if it was 110 if it was a dry heat, but this everything sticks to everything else $h! is no good at all. I got my AC up full blast!

Yeah, its like 90+, we spent the late morning/early afternoon at the zoo, my head is very sunburnt.

Mid 90's and humid. It means my classroom will be well over a hundred. Sigh... I refuse to wear a tie on Monday. I ruin them when I'm physically drenched in sweat.

It's down to 92* right now, but the DIC in the Sonoma was reading 102* about 2 hours ago. Humidity stinks.

I could care less if it was 110 if it was a dry heat, but this everything sticks to everything else $h! is no good at all. I got my AC up full blast!

Cranked-up my A/C last night to full blast, it will likely stay there until mid-September.

I hate Summer.

I've been somewhat the hermit today. This morning I went down to mom's to help her put her two window a/c in, then I went to Lowe's to pick up some filters for my Shop-Vac... then I came home with the intention of mowing my lawn, but it was like 11:30 by the time I got back, too hot to mow, imo, so I've been laying around the house all day. No a/c (still in the closet, I haven't put it in the window), windows closed, blinds are down and ceiling fan on overhead, on full blast. Not as bad as it sounds. I like summer, I just wish something would happen. Something good. Edited by ocnblu

I worked outside until early afternoon - and sweat several gallons.

I wish Spring was six months long.

...and the other 6 were Autumn.

I worked outside until early afternoon - and sweat several gallons.

I wish Spring was six months long.

...and the other 6 were Autumn.

Agreed...

I had to work on her car a few hours ago...sweat in my eyes while working underneath...not fun, I tell you.

A nice 70 degrees and no humidity inside my house. God bless the person that invented central air! :AH-HA_wink:

A/C FTW!

I miss central air, but hey the A/C units work too and the one in our room is on full blast...but then it's been on since like April...I like it cool. No joke...when it's -5 outside I still have the window cracked with the fan on. :P

I hate heat, but humidity + heat is another level of suck altogether. Thank goodness the cars have working A/C (well besides mine of course, but I don't drive it that much lately anyway, so whatever...although I drove it today before it got hot).

My idea days are upper 60's to low 70's with a slight breeze and no humidity.

i'm aclimating... 77 inside feels a little cool to me. it's almost 90 out , feels good for a while. 80 would be great.

My idea days are upper 60's to low 70's with a slight breeze and no humidity.

65-75, with nights in the upper 50's = perfection.

65-75, with nights in the upper 50's = perfection.

Totally agree.

This would have been an ideal weekend to go camping, sigh.

It has been pretty humid and warm here too. Glad the A/C in the Caprice now works and of course it does in the Equinox. The Bonneville is still waiting for its compressor. Then it will work in all 3. Thank the powers for A/C as a whole. I have had the central on here in the house for about 5 days. Only problem here in Wisconsin they size it to just keep up and thats it. Get to 90 degrees or above and it runs nearly constant to keep it at 70 degrees. Yes 70. Most people here are cheap to the point where they will keep it in the upper 70's. So thats what a lot of A/C contractors seem to size it at. It doesnt seem to bother people though to run their heat at 80 degrees.

I like it to be no higher than 72 in the house, but prefer 68-70

Yeah... we had the "let's gripe about the hot summer weather" thread over on sixthsphere earlier today. Then the guy on the board who's over in Iraq right now made everyone else's weather look like a brisk spring day. Count your blessings. ;)

OY! Still pretty warm out, now I have to go play softball.

97 and humid.

I hate this weather more than I can say.

I hope it is a short summer.

About 97 and near zero humidity in my new home town.....(Las Vegas.) I've learned that anything up to 100 or so is hot, but actually still pleasant.....with wonderful, breezy evenings.....

It's already been 106 and 103 here.....about a week to ten days ago......

Cranked-up my A/C last night to full blast, it will likely stay there until mid-September.

I hate Summer.

It's funny.....here in Las Vegas, I keep the A/C at 84 (!) inside the house.....and while a bit warm, with shorts on, it's okay. Turn it down just to 80- 81, and it seems downright cool in the house.

That surprises me.....maybe the lack of humidity makes relatively high temps inside the air conditioned house feel cooler.....when in CA (which isn't that humid either, but more than Las Vegas) I would keep the A/C at around 70- 72- 74 degrees. Here, I'm happy with 81 or so.

I suppose it is all relative.

Side note: I never want to go to Las Vegas.

It's funny.....here in Las Vegas, I keep the A/C at 84 (!) inside the house.....and while a bit warm, with shorts on, it's okay. Turn it down just to 80- 81, and it seems downright cool in the house.

That surprises me.....maybe the lack of humidity makes relatively high temps inside the air conditioned house feel cooler.....when in CA (which isn't that humid either, but more than Las Vegas) I would keep the A/C at around 70- 72- 74 degrees. Here, I'm happy with 81 or so.

So far, I've kept the A/C at home in Phoenix at about 78-79...which is pretty comfortable for me. At work in Scottsdale, my office is set at 73, and I and others find it a bit cold... some of the guys in my group have been wearing sweaters or jackets in the office, wierd when it's over 100 outside.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room