Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback

Still has that ugly "whale penis" look with that GIANT awkward front overhang.

• 3 weeks later...

What's going on with Mitsubishi? Are they staying or are they going? They've just let the Galant die (albeit they gave it a minor refresh this year), and everything else is just kinda, there.

Die Mitsubishi Die! This car looks like *ss and the interior probably is full of all the cheap plastic that GM used to use.

How ignorant! :rolleyes:

The Lancer (especially the Ralliart versions) is the sort of compact car I would like to see Pontiac build.

mitsubishi-lancer-ralliart1.jpg

2008_Mitsubishi_Lancer_int_6.jpg

Now don't tell me that the Cobalt/G5 is much better, however nice the SS Turbo model might be.

Edited by YellowJacket894

• 1 month later...

Looks like we have a Japanese Lancia Delta Integrale on our hands...this is good.

Still has that ugly "whale penis" look with that GIANT awkward front overhang.

The front overhang is inexcusably long (OK, actually the engine is a good excuse) but so is the Impala. You get over it at other angles.

I think the current Lancer sedan is Mitsubishi's most attractive product. I do wish they would offer a trim level in the U.S. based on the JDM Galant Fortis model; the subtle exterior brightwork gives the car a more upscale appearance (I would like to see this offered with the 2.4 liter engine):

undefined

I like the Sportback model but I do wish they would have done more to differentiate the roofline of this model from the sedan. This model has some awkward rear proportions. A more extended roofline would have looked better on this car.

Guest aatbloke
Looks like we have a Japanese Lancia Delta Integrale on our hands...this is good.

The front overhang is inexcusably long (OK, actually the engine is a good excuse) but so is the Impala. You get over it at other angles.

Bear in mind though that although the Lancer is built in Japan, its design comes from Mitsubishi's European design studio in Germany.

My favorite Mitsubishi was the ZERO.

What with that bamboo airframe and flimsy structure, not

to mention the lack of self sealing fuel tanks, it was bad

enough to suffer something like 27 kills for every ONE

F4U Corsair, which itself had an overall kills ratio of 11:1.

After that it was ALL DOWNHILL for Mitsubishi. :yes:

My favorite Mitsubishi was the ZERO.

What with that bamboo airframe and flimsy structure, not

to mention the lack of self sealing fuel tanks, it was bad

enough to suffer something like 27 kills for every ONE

F4U Corsair, which itself had an overall kills ratio of 11:1.

After that it was ALL DOWNHILL for Mitsubishi. :yes:

There are cars I just want to hang my head in shame at being a memeber of the race that designed them.

This Mitsu is one of them.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
How ignorant! :rolleyes:

The Lancer (especially the Ralliart versions) is the sort of compact car I would like to see Pontiac build.

mitsubishi-lancer-ralliart1.jpg

2008_Mitsubishi_Lancer_int_6.jpg

Now don't tell me that the Cobalt/G5 is much better, however nice the SS Turbo model might be.

That's ok, he's just got his GM goggles on... that's all... in which symptoms range from overly-brand loyalty, to just ignorance, where you could place a Benz next to a Cobalt and he will still say they Cobalt has a better quality interior! :lol:

Aside from one GM fan boy's stupid comment, I think Mitsubishi has one of the best cars in it's class... however, it's remaining line up is questionable and all have potential. I see these and the outlanders everywhere, and those two are one of the nicest on the road. I really like the Lancer, and I'm waiting for this sport-wagon to come out, and maybe put it on my list as a possible next purchase.