Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

Anyone have 59k I could borrow?

21 posts in this topic

That's hot. And the lack of a spoiler doesn't bother me where it usually would. Very cool!

Take me in my 2002 mindset and send me back to 1971, and this is the Pontiac I would have factory ordered. This car was the Formula Firehawk of its day.

Wow, even I'm impressed...old car phobia and all. What a CAR. Love it, looks, sound, Pontiac (gee...haven't said that until recently), and all.

A pure jawdropper. I soooo love these cars without a spoiler... and the color combo is suhweet. I WANT IT.:drool:

That is sexier than an up-skirt photo of Melissa Gilbert's sna$%! :wub:

HOWEVER...

For $59,000 I'd just buy the flowing:

1. clean, daily-driver potential '70 - '73 Trans Am or Firebird Formula $12,000

2. clean, 99% stock '69 Camaro hardtop of some sort.... Z/28 or SS350 clone would be fine. $17,000

3. 100% drivable "barn-find" pre-war car, i.e. '31-'38 GM car, original paint & rebuilt mechanicals $30,000

alternate #3:

$10,000 on a REAL barn find, solid '30s car.... spend $20,000 to have all mechanicals redone.

Edited by Sixty8panther

For Formulas, the only thing better than this is a '73 455SD.

59k might be slightly steep for this one - but not by much.

Very nice car, though it has a bit of rust and the jack is rusty. For $59k, I'd put a nice down payment (10 or 20%) on a house.

Cars like this make me wish that I had had a wad of cash back in the early 80's when you could buy the cars of this era for a couple grand each. They were everywhere,cheap, and original.

*sigh*

Yeah, it's a hot car as I said, but as I forgot to...still a bit much. Even rare as could be and beautiful shape, it's an old car and nonetheless, one of those cases where you do start to think, "But for that much..."

Cars like this make me wish that I had had a wad of cash back in the early 80's when you could buy the cars of this era for a couple grand each. They were everywhere,cheap, and original.

*sigh*

Yeah...and even in the Rust Belt, their were some gems. My folks bought a couple in Ohio that way---in 1975, a silver blue '68 Cougar with 15k miles, mint, 302, for $2k. Around 1981, they bought a clean '69 Fairlane 4dr sedan, dark green, 390 4bbl, automatic, a/c, 25k miles, for about $2500.

For Formulas, the only thing better than this is a '73 455SD.

59k might be slightly steep for this one - but not by much.

funny you should say that cause in an old issue of hemmings muscle machines they did a feature on a 73 455 sd

clicky clicky... only if you got a towel

funny you should say that cause in an old issue of hemmings muscle machines they did a feature on a 73 455 sd

clicky clicky... only if you got a towel

I've got that mag...great car...I never knew they made a Formula with the Trans Am hood (required by the SD engine)...it had dog dish hubcaps also.

Closer to 40K seems more on par. The color combo is ugly but the car is sweet. Would rather had a G8 GT and new Silverado.

Closer to 40K seems more on par. The color combo is ugly but the car is sweet. Would rather had a G8 GT and new Silverado.

40k would be a bargain, and I love the colors.

To each his own.

I've got that mag...great car...I never knew they made a Formula with the Trans Am hood (required by the SD engine)...it had dog dish hubcaps also.

ive got every issue since issue 4. i'd get the first 3 but they got for 15 to 40 bucks on ebay these days. its my favorite monthly publication cover to cover

>>"I think they only made 7 with air total and out of the 7 two 4 speeds came with air out of the 35 4 speeds cars."<<

LS-5, 3-spd manual : 7 units

LS-5, 4-spd manual : 1051 units

LS-5, 3-spd automatic : 1386 units

# of '71 Firebird LS-5s (455HO) built : 2,444.

His car is one of 1051, further breakdown WRT A/C will not affect value notably- it's all wrapped up in that LS-5.

Car is beautiful, design is incredible, engine is formidable. $59K is certainly not out of the question, and yes: $40K is too cheap. Comps would be the '73-74 SD455 or the '70 RA IV (which as a T/A is a 6-digit car in top shape).

*sigh*

if i were alive in the 80s, id do it!

i love that tan interior too, awesome colors indeed!

>>"I think they only made 7 with air total and out of the 7 two 4 speeds came with air out of the 35 4 speeds cars."<<

LS-5, 3-spd manual : 7 units

LS-5, 4-spd manual : 1051 units

LS-5, 3-spd automatic : 1386 units

# of '71 Firebird LS-5s (455HO) built : 2,444.

His car is one of 1051, further breakdown WRT A/C will not affect value notably- it's all wrapped up in that LS-5.

Car is beautiful, design is incredible, engine is formidable. $59K is certainly not out of the question, and yes: $40K is too cheap. Comps would be the '73-74 SD455 or the '70 RA IV (which as a T/A is a 6-digit car in top shape).

Exactly the case.

Why do I always have to love the really rare ones? :banghead:

It's not rare; it just jumped from 1 of 35 to 1 of 1051 !!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0