2010 Chevy Equinox Shows Off New Curvy Sheetmetal

Much nicer than the current 'Nox. I like it a lot, actually, even if the rear quarter glasses resemble the SAAB concept on this platform. Over at Autoblog, though, in the "comments" section, that dope "wagonphile" is on my nerves right off the bat.

Looks too much like a Vue. I wonder if this thing is 4500 pounds?

Probably...or more, isn't this supposed to be Theta-Epsilon or Theta II (whatever the NG platform is called)? GM could use some genuinely small xovers in the US, I think...

Probably...or more, isn't this supposed to be Theta-Epsilon or Theta II (whatever the NG platform is called)? GM could use some genuinely small xovers in the US, I think...

This is on Theta II... Theta-Epsilon is what the BRX and 9-4x will ride on.

I think it looks pretty good, the rear definitely resembles the ML.

The Vue is heavy due to issues internationalizing the original Theta architecture. GM more or less promised that wouldn't happen again.

This is on Theta II... Theta-Epsilon is what the BRX and 9-4x will ride on.

I think it looks pretty good, the rear definitely resembles the ML.

Isn't Theta-Epsilon just the theta platform with a better, aluminum suspension?

Equinox, BRX, 9-4X, Terrain should all come in at 4000 pounds in AWD trim if GM knows what they are doing, but I predict closer to 4500. A Vue V6 awd is heavier than the current SRX and the Lambdas are near 5,000 pounds, which is more than the GMT360s.

Sorry, but the front end on this is ugly...just like the Traverse is ugly. I don't get why the felt like they needed to do a Malibu-esque grille on this and the Traverse. They have different styling themes for their SUVs and Pickups, but I guess doing a CUV theme different from the cars was asking for a bit too much. Hopefully the interior makes up for the exterior styling.

Isn't Theta-Epsilon just the theta platform with a better, aluminum suspension?

Equinox, BRX, 9-4X, Terrain should all come in at 4000 pounds in AWD trim if GM knows what they are doing, but I predict closer to 4500. A Vue V6 awd is heavier than the current SRX and the Lambdas are near 5,000 pounds, which is more than the GMT360s.

It's a combination of Theta and Epsilon, and I would bet that it does have an aluminum suspension, seeing as how it has been deemed too expensive for any brand other than Cadillac and Saab at this point.

>>"Equinox, BRX, 9-4X, Terrain should all come in at 4000 pounds in AWD trim if GM knows what they are doing, but I predict closer to 4500."<<

BMW x6 AWD (192", 66" tall) weighs 5300. What a bloated pig. Guess they really don't know what they're doing.

>>"A Vue V6 awd is heavier than the current SRX..."<<

Vue AWD is listed as a separate model- 3.5L AWD (180") weighs 4325. RWD V6 model weighs 4076.

AWD does not determine an SRX model- it is an option, therefore, all SRX (195") weights are listed in RWD configuration, and there it weighs 4164, or MORE, not less.

Here's what I could find out -

Cadillac SRX V6 RWD weighs 4,164 lbs.

Cadillac SRX V6 AWD weighs 4,320 lbs.

Cadillac SRX V8 RWD weighs 4,302 lbs.

Cadillac SRX V8 AWD weighs 4,442 lbs.

But yes... the BMW X6 is a pig... in both V6 & V8 forms