ocnblu

Turkey! Cranberries! Firebird Formula 400!

69 posts in this topic

I thought I'd jump on the stick and start this month's thread right on time. Seen any interesting vehicles lately?

Yes, ocn, I saw my beloved '75 Cutlass Supreme coupe. I've actually seen it a couple of times lately.

It is Cranberry Metallic (really, the name for dark red that year) and has a white landau top and white (swivel) bucket seats.

The problem: it had the bling wheels and a couple of bruthas driving it, blasting their 'effin music. I would have much rather seen a stock one...with the windows rolled up.

BMW 534567890 ryxdnmai wagon (actually just a 530 xi, but damn thats a lot of stuff on the trunk lid)

'57 Bel Air

Saw a silver Ferrari 308 GTS and a bright orange Lotus Elise on my way to get lunch today; very unusual for Southern New Hampshire.

Speaking of Ferraris I saw a Mondail the other day.... about as exciting as a Fiero.

BUT, more interesting and exciting was a 1987-ish Pontiac Grand Prix that I saw

in Danvers yesterday, i was black and had T-tops... I think that's pretty rare, I

almost bought a MINT two-tone-burgundy, t-top 1986 Grand Prix back in 2002

but the anemic 305 broke the deal.

I've been saying this for about a year now, but seriously, I've got a very strong

craving for a Pontiac. I have not owned one since 2003.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Saw a dark green '75-76 Eldo convertible and a yellow '64 Buick Skylark 2dr ht today, both very clean.

A new Civic Hybrid with huge rims, in the Kmart parking lot.:blink: Edited by ocnblu

So like, I didn't even notice the month had changed.

I'm still wondering what that AMX is doing on the Pontiac dealership's display.

While going to the movies with the prettier half last night, I saw a Corvette Z06. Looked so good I thought it was a ZR1.

Saw a nice early '60s (4 headlight) Rolls Royce saloon at a Chevron station...black and a light gold too tone.

I was on the road this morning behind a '71 Chevelle 2 door hardtop, with paint the color and consistency of pea soup, and the ghost of a vinyl top betrayed by ancient yellow glue. We had to slow for a person turning off, and then the young driver stomped on it, it took off quite nicely. I could see he had a big, hairy dog in the front seat with him. I felt a proud connection... two Chevy coupes separated by 38 years, yet both green and sporting 4 round taillights. I could tell it was a '71 because he branched off at a fork in the road, and I could see his split-lens signal lights in the front.

I was on the road this morning behind a '71 Chevelle 2 door hardtop, with paint the color and consistency of pea soup, and the ghost of a vinyl top betrayed by ancient yellow glue. We had to slow for a person turning off, and then the young driver stomped on it, it took off quite nicely. I could see he had a big, hairy dog in the front seat with him. I felt a proud connection... two Chevy coupes separated by 38 years, yet both green and sporting 4 round taillights. I could tell it was a '71 because he branched off at a fork in the road, and I could see his split-lens signal lights in the front.

Nice!

Does my heart good to hear this story - even the part about the dog. :AH-HA_wink:

I saw a black Buick Estate station wagon from the mid 70s the other day. I've seen Vista Cruisers a couple times before, but I don't think I've ever seen the Buick version.

I saw a black Buick Estate station wagon from the mid 70s the other day. I've seen Vista Cruisers a couple times before, but I don't think I've ever seen the Buick version.

Cool... I think the Buick Sportwagon version (w/ the long wheelbase and raised roof w/ glass) was only around thru '68-69. Apparently, it was still called Sportwagon from '70-? but with a normal wheelbase and roof..

Edited by moltar

I found a white with wood, early-90's Roadmaster wagon (with rear sunroof) for $1300.

With the extra hour of sleep last night, I was heading up 390 north (in Rochester New York) extra early this morning heading towards the grocery store for a newspaper and some orange juice. Coming down 390 south was a 1968 Impala coupe in excellent condition. I haven't done a double take on a car in ages. Why are today's cars so boring?!?!?

Saw a goregous silver blue '63 or '64 Riviera this evening.. white wall tires.. minty condition.

A red 2004 GTO. Red leather, 6MT, $20K and change. I would've put college off a year for that car.

There was also an orange G8 running about Laurel Lakes today.

'74 Grand Prix 455 with 17,000 original miles.

We need an icon for orgasm...stat

:lol:

We need an icon for orgasm...stat

The car was quite nice. A medium blue metallic, white vinyl half roof, black/white interior...

Sounds awesome, I love those GPs. I'd love to find a '73 Catalina or Grandville 2 door to cruise around in, if I ever have the money.

Sounds awesome, I love those GPs. I'd love to find a '73 Catalina or Grandville 2 door to cruise around in, if I ever have the money.

It would be really weird to park a padded landau 73-77 GP next to a 2004 white GP sedan. Interesting. Numerous circles in the dash would be the only thing in common.

I've always maintained that, if the 73-77 GP wasn't as provocatively styled and had no fender-top ridges for both the hood and the rear deck, they might have chipped into the Cutlass/Regal market a little more.

Edited by trinacriabob

Saw my first Traverse on the road.

Not long after, saw a G8 GT in an orange I hadn't seen before.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room