Turkey! Cranberries! Firebird Formula 400!

ocnblu

Yes, ocn, I saw my beloved '75 Cutlass Supreme coupe. I've actually seen it a couple of times lately.

It is Cranberry Metallic (really, the name for dark red that year) and has a white landau top and white (swivel) bucket seats.

The problem: it had the bling wheels and a couple of bruthas driving it, blasting their 'effin music. I would have much rather seen a stock one...with the windows rolled up.

Speaking of Ferraris I saw a Mondail the other day.... about as exciting as a Fiero.

BUT, more interesting and exciting was a 1987-ish Pontiac Grand Prix that I saw

in Danvers yesterday, i was black and had T-tops... I think that's pretty rare, I

almost bought a MINT two-tone-burgundy, t-top 1986 Grand Prix back in 2002

but the anemic 305 broke the deal.

I've been saying this for about a year now, but seriously, I've got a very strong

craving for a Pontiac. I have not owned one since 2003.

Edited by Sixty8panther

I was on the road this morning behind a '71 Chevelle 2 door hardtop, with paint the color and consistency of pea soup, and the ghost of a vinyl top betrayed by ancient yellow glue. We had to slow for a person turning off, and then the young driver stomped on it, it took off quite nicely. I could see he had a big, hairy dog in the front seat with him. I felt a proud connection... two Chevy coupes separated by 38 years, yet both green and sporting 4 round taillights. I could tell it was a '71 because he branched off at a fork in the road, and I could see his split-lens signal lights in the front.

I was on the road this morning behind a '71 Chevelle 2 door hardtop, with paint the color and consistency of pea soup, and the ghost of a vinyl top betrayed by ancient yellow glue. We had to slow for a person turning off, and then the young driver stomped on it, it took off quite nicely. I could see he had a big, hairy dog in the front seat with him. I felt a proud connection... two Chevy coupes separated by 38 years, yet both green and sporting 4 round taillights. I could tell it was a '71 because he branched off at a fork in the road, and I could see his split-lens signal lights in the front.

Nice!

Does my heart good to hear this story - even the part about the dog. :AH-HA_wink:

I saw a black Buick Estate station wagon from the mid 70s the other day. I've seen Vista Cruisers a couple times before, but I don't think I've ever seen the Buick version.

Cool... I think the Buick Sportwagon version (w/ the long wheelbase and raised roof w/ glass) was only around thru '68-69. Apparently, it was still called Sportwagon from '70-? but with a normal wheelbase and roof..

Edited by moltar

With the extra hour of sleep last night, I was heading up 390 north (in Rochester New York) extra early this morning heading towards the grocery store for a newspaper and some orange juice. Coming down 390 south was a 1968 Impala coupe in excellent condition. I haven't done a double take on a car in ages. Why are today's cars so boring?!?!?

Sounds awesome, I love those GPs. I'd love to find a '73 Catalina or Grandville 2 door to cruise around in, if I ever have the money.

It would be really weird to park a padded landau 73-77 GP next to a 2004 white GP sedan. Interesting. Numerous circles in the dash would be the only thing in common.

I've always maintained that, if the 73-77 GP wasn't as provocatively styled and had no fender-top ridges for both the hood and the rear deck, they might have chipped into the Cutlass/Regal market a little more.

Edited by trinacriabob

We had to do a little paint work and steering column repair on a '92 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance that got jacked. Today I was outside writing a Town & Country van when I heard the paint booth doors open in our truck shop... where we paint stuff like Peterbilts and Kenworths. As the "2001: A Space Odyssey" theme played in my head... THE FLEETWOOD EMERGED FROM OUR TRUCK PAINT BOOTH. It was too big to fit in our car booths! I was :lol:

There was also an orange G8 running about Laurel Lakes today.

I am very much starting to appreciate the beauty of the G8. It's a head-turner.

I have sat in it, though, and it is kind of generic. Not only that, its new car smell is un-American. It smells like a foreign car. We've all sat in enough new Chevys, Pontiacs, and Buicks to know what I refer to.

I bet it handles like a dream.

And, don't be getting on my case, but I'd like it even more with a RWD 3800 and 4-speed automatic. :duck: Don't like expensive and complicated repairs, when that time comes.

Since this is election day, I was watching traffic for offbeat political bumper stickers--the best one I saw today said 'Vader/Cheney 08'....on the back of a black 4th gen Trans Am (haven't seen one of those in ages!).

Saw my first Audi R8 in the wild... on my campus. HAS to be a professor's car, or something.

Also, on the Audi front, I've seen a lot of A8 L's around these days.

Sweet... I've seen a few R8s, though none recently. The A8 is probably my favorite of the big executive saloons these days, really like the styling and esp. the interior design and detailing.

Sweet... I've seen a few R8s, though none recently. The A8 is probably my favorite of the big executive saloons these days, really like the styling and esp. the interior design and detailing.

Same here. The 7 is still un-Bangling itself, the S is over the top and HUGE, and the LS... no. I think the A8 could take over once it shook itself of that Audi reliability thing.

Another find yesterday while in DC: BMW 8 Series. I had to watch it close to make sure.

Same here. The 7 is still un-Bangling itself, the S is over the top and HUGE, and the LS... no. I think the A8 could take over once it shook itself of that Audi reliability thing.

Normally I love the S-class (I'm driving an old one these days), but I really can't get into the styling of the current one (though I love the CLS).

Normally I love the S-class (I'm driving an old one these days), but I really can't get into the styling of the current one (though I love the CLS).

I always have to stare at a CLS around here when they pass by (and there are several, including the AMGs). But I wouldn't get one... not comfy enough for me, even the front seats.

I always have to stare at a CLS around here when they pass by (and there are several, including the AMGs). But I wouldn't get one... not comfy enough for me, even the front seats.

I've sat in one, unfortunately, the low side windows and roofline cuts into the side and rear visiblity, but damn, what a sexy car, inside and out..

1223163189-sidedrivelo.JPG

I've sat in one, unfortunately, the low side windows and roofline cuts into the side and rear visiblity, but damn, what a sexy car, inside and out..

It'll be interesting to see what the crash rate because of changing lanes will be over the long-term.

It'll be interesting to see what the crash rate because of changing lanes will be over the long-term.

Other cars I've been in in recent years that had awful outward side visibility I thought included the Thunderbird w/ the top up, the TT roadster w/ the top up and the TT coupe... they would have been fine if I were 5'0" instead of 6'0", probably...

The Magnum and Caliber were awful for rearward visiblity, and one of the worst for forward and side I found to be the HHR...the A-pillars seem as thick as phone poles to see around...

Edited by moltar

Saw today--a sharp dark green late Jag XKE coupe, the yellow '65 Skylark again (thought it was a '64, realized it's a '65), a clean white '65 Mustang 2+2 (with vintage AZ plate 65 FAST), a clean black early '80s Buick Electra 4dr.

Edited by moltar

Yesterday I saw three different Nissan Armadas. I didn't even know they sold three of them.

I was behind one a few months ago at a light and noticed it was badged as 'Pathfinder Armada', think they did that only the first year.

Saw today--a sharp dark green late Jag XKE coupe, the yellow '65 Skylark again (thought it was a '64, realized it's a '65), a clean white '65 Mustang 2+2 (with vintage AZ plate 65 FAST), a clean black early '80s Buick Electra 4dr.

My 66 Mustang was white like that, and a fastback. I miss it.

Chris