"I am a Blackberry addict"

loki

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_y...26192658AAWwt1m

So I am a Blackberry addict, had a Blackberry for 4 years already and I realized last year that I can no longer use the bathroom unless I have my Blackberry available. I can easily urine, but #2 will need to come out by force if I don't have my Blackberry on me.

How can I stop being a slave to my Blackberry like this?

Thank you

* 3 days ago

Additional Details

3 days ago

For those who asked, unfortunately this isn't a joke.

It is hard to get rid of the Blackberry because I use it for business (I am 18 with a job).

Outside of the bathroom if my Blackberry isnt in my hand I do go crazy, that's how much I am a slave to it. The thing is, I don't text or use Blackberry messenger. I am just too obsessed with business and surfing the web from anywhere I am

wow.... lol

Ok, being the Blackberry is a Canadian invention, you'd think I would have one.

But, I have to ask, please tell me why it is so addicting....break it down, item by item.

I honestly want to know....so I can become addicted too. Maybe I don't know

what I'm missing.

My nature is one of liking to be away from work in my personal life. I don't like

being in contact that much. I'm so happy just being not contacted alot of the time.

Maybe I'm behind the times.

Maybe I need a Blackberry.

Edited by HarleyEarl

Ok, being the Blackberry is a Canadian invention, you'd think I would have one.

But, I have to ask, please tell me why it is so addicting....break it down, item by item.

I honestly want to know....so I can become addicted too. Maybe I don't know

what I'm missing.

My nature is one of liking to be away from work in my personal life. I don't like

being in contact that much. I'm so happy just being not contacted alot of the time.

Maybe I'm behind the times.

Maybe I need a Blackberry.

Actually, I hate my blackberry.... but at the same time it allows me to get things done without needing to be tied to an office.

Actually, I hate my blackberry.... but at the same time it allows me to get things done without needing to be tied to an office.

Ok...understood....but what is it about devices like the Blackberry that helps you get things dones away from the office?....I'm not being smartass....I honestly want to know. I don't know alot about Blackberry and it's features. My workday tends to begin and end at the office.

Ok...understood....but what is it about devices like the Blackberry that helps you get things dones away from the office?....I'm not being smartass....I honestly want to know. I don't know alot about Blackberry and it's features. My workday tends to begin and end at the office.

smart phones in general help you become productive because they allow you to receive all your emails to your phone they have a calendar so you can put all the times of meetings and project deadlines in them and set it to remind you of these things. also they have internet access so you can research something on the fly. I like windows mobile phones but there are pros and cons to each. and if you dig txting then full qwerty keyboard is just amazing like that.

I do check my email from my phone, but I wouldn't say I'm addicted. Most of the time when I'm doing something work related on my phone its either via text or call. I'd love to get push-to-talk sometimes, but other times I think I would hate it. The new Blackberry (Storm?) is a very intriguing phone.

I'm on call for a week every 4 weeks, but for certain things at work, it's implied that I'm on call 24/7 since I don't have a backup. Fortunately, I get paid hourly.

I can:

Check my email from my work account, personal account, and personal business account.

Surf/Moderate C&G

Manage my work calendar, personal business calendar.

Catch up on my blog reading via RSS feeds during my bus ride.

Restart server processes remotely when they fail.

Txt people with a full keyboard.

Synchronise all of my contacts between work computer(s), home computer, and the google email account that I use for my personal business. Make a change to one and it will update all of the others.

My friend uses his blackberry 24/7 and is constantly using it for work purposes. Problem is, that means he never leaves the office completely. It's very frustrating when trying to hang out. The other thing is, we'll get some obnoxious facebook updates on unnecessary things because hey, his blackberry is in his hand. Sure, why not tell us you're currently at a red light thinking of what to eat for dinner.

I'm old fashioned from a tech point of view. I want a vintage Nikon "F" Camera, which is fully manual and takes this thing called film.

I have an ancient 13" TV. Last time I watched a full lenth TV show, it was spring.

I enjoy hand tool woodworking.

I could be very comfortable living in 1845.

I am profoundly glad I don't have a blackberry.

Chris

I'm old fashioned from a tech point of view. I want a vintage Nikon "F" Camera, which is fully manual and takes this thing called film.

I have an ancient 13" TV. Last time I watched a full lenth TV show, it was spring.

I enjoy hand tool woodworking.

I could be very comfortable living in 1845.

I am profoundly glad I don't have a blackberry.

Chris

film is so nice, but can get expensive.

I rarely watch anything i don't download.

me too.

i'm just glad i don't have the bill for one

HE.. sorry! LOL

I've had a Treo for about 5 years now. I'm addicted to mine as well, my friends make fun of me, because I even take it to the bathroom with me. But, I'm too tight assed to buy the data plan, so I don't use it for email or surfing. I have about 10k texts a month so thats all I use it for. I have to have a full keyboard and have to have the touchscreen after so many years with one. I don't like the newer ones with Windows Mobile, can't stand it, too slow. I love the Palm OS, but it keeps me stuck with older Treos because AT&T didn't offer the 750 with Palm like Sprint does. I've sent my parts driver all the way to my house before to get it because I left it at home when I went to lunch. Kinda pissed my boss off. LOL

I love my Blackberry, and will be upgrading to a new one this Xmas (trading in a 2-year-old Pearl for a Bold). I'm definitely not addicted. I like getting emails when they arrive because sometimes I'll receive an email containing an opportunity with a limited time-frame involved, or I need to change my plans based on it, so not being limited to a computer to check email is really nice.

I really only use it for call/text/email, though occasionally I use the Google Maps app for directions on the fly, or the Google search to look things up on the fly...but not much else. And hey, if I'm in a really boring meeting/seminar, I can surf dKos and stay up with the news of the day instead of feeling the seconds of my life evaporate (or worse--fall asleep in front of the lecturer).