'Rock Band'

HarleyEarl

Video Games are more and more, not my thing... my PS2

has sat untouched for almost a year.

Too much "virtual" in this world. My mother-in-law got us

Wall-E for X-mass and watching that movie really makes

you think if THAT is where we're headed!

Plus I despise that damn game for having to load a million

of those boxes (with that logo) onto UPS trucks this past

few weeks.

(my back is still recovering from X-mass peek)

Edited by Sixty8panther

Though I barely play video games, I had fun with the drums portion of this game for a while. Never got good enough to play it well on the hard level though. Which is to say, I pretty much sucked at it. Fun with friends for sure.

I agree the plasticy sound when you hit the drums was pretty annoying.

Apparently Pearl Jam's album Ten will be released for it in the spring.

We started partying with Guitar Hero, then Rock Band. I'm always the singer cause I'm too uncoordinated to play an instrument. Then a friend got the new Guitar Hero with all the instruments and we've been playing that, it's harder then Rock Band I think. He got Rock Band 2 for Xmas, so it's on Saturday night!!

I'm just discovering the virtues of Guitar Hero with both PS2 and the Wii. I'm not terribly good with timing and my pinky doesn't cooperate, so it's interesting when I play. In contrast. a friend of mine can play on hard and hit nearly every note, song difficulty permitting. 'Hot for Teacher' is insane on medium, let alone hard or expert. Far beyond my skill level. :P

Haven't played Rock Band, though.

Too much "virtual" in this world. My mother-in-law got us

Wall-E for X-mass and watching that movie really makes

you think if THAT is where we're headed!

I kind of agree. I've played Guitar Hero and Rock Band before, but lately it seems like more time is spent in front of a screen (be it TV, computer, cell phone) and less time with actual tangible things, like a real instrument or an actual person. Our family get-togethers are now basically different groups huddled around various screens (adults with the TV, younger kids with the video games, older kids with the computer or cell phone).

Probably a bit hypocritical that I say this and yet I'm typing on a virtual message board. :lol:

I have had fun when I've played both, but IMHO it's so much more rewarding to learn a new riff on a guitar than to score 92% accuracy on a video game.

Yikes I was at my aunt's last night, my cousin had her Wii over there. We bowled, played baseball, rode wild boars, played golf and boxed. That $h! wore me out! I can't believe how much of a workout I got. It was fun as heck, I tell ya.

Yikes I was at my aunt's last night, my cousin had her Wii over there. We bowled, played baseball, rode wild boars, played golf and boxed. That $h! wore me out! I can't believe how much of a workout I got. It was fun as heck, I tell ya.

Right on Blu!....you are part of the hip, happenin', hiphopin, cool and groovy generation....;)

um yo homie. it was mad tight. no homo.

Haha, haha, hah :lol:

I've never played, but we're planning a company competition with full on rocker dress and all, soon, as one of our many events...so hopefully I'll get the jist of it.

• 1 year later...

Rock band is really fun, but The Beatles: Rock Band is crazy awesome. At times I think I'm high. And my wife kicks ass at the guitar.

Its so much fun playing it with a few microphones as well while you get high with your friends. I think my neighbours may think otherwise though.