Lexus Recalls 214,000 Vehicles

BuddyP

Did you know Lexus has a "sterling reputation for quality?" Yeah, me neither, but apparently LLN knew!

Toyota’s Lexus luxury brand has a sterling reputation for quality, but that doesn’t mean the Japanese brand isn’t without flaws. Proving that even mighty Toyota has a few chinks in the armor, Lexus has announced the recall of 214,500 vehicles in the U.S.

In coordination with the Nation Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Lexus has announced the recall of 214,500 U.S. vehicles. The recall is due to a faulty fuel pipe, which could corrode and cause a leak over time. The use of ethanol fuels is believed to be the cause of the corrosion.

Thankfully, no fuel leaks have yet been reported. Toyota discovered the potential hazard via several suspicious engine warning lights.

The recall covers Lexus GS 300/350, IS 250/350 and LS 460/460L models produced between 2006 and 2008. Lexus will notify owners of the recall later this month.

Teehee. You aren't all that Toyota!

So it seems that even time, perception, vast improvements, leather, chrome, hand buffed paints, and all the modern technologies of the world can't hide the Toyopet at heart.

Since the Lexi are nothing but gussied up 'Yotas...should we expect a BEST EVER Toyota recall soon? They should be using the same material for the fuel lines in the Toyotas. no?

I did not read the Article, so forgive me if this was covered in the story.

They are also recalling Yaris. According to Peter DeLorenzo,

"Toyota is recalling more than 1.35 million Vitz (Yaris in the U.S.), Belta and Ractis cars globally to fix a defect in the seat belt, the exhaust system or both. 525,898 vehicles built from January 2005 to April 2008 in Japan will be recalled, as well as a combined 830,000 units in Europe, North America and other markets. It's clear now that Toyota's desire to become the No. 1 global automaker became an obsession, and their formerly impeccable quality reputation has been tarnished decisively."

Not good for Toyota but the Toyota faithfull like my mother-in-law will never hear of this recall and continue to lambast my GM cars while extolling the virtues of Toyotas.

So, adding all of this up, Toyota INC managed to recall 1,570,398 cars today. This is on top of the ongoing buy back of Toyota Tacoma's...trucks that they are taking directly to crushers to eliminate...Estimated at 813,000 trucks. We are up to 2,383,398 cars and trucks and we are not even into February yet.

Quality? :Toyota:

• 3 months later...