What a Beautiful Day

Today it was 61 with lots of sunshine, a few fair weather clouds, and a light breeze. This qualifies as the perfect day for me. Warm enough to wear shorts but cool enough to not break a sweat when doing activities outside.

It really is a breath of fresh air after this past week of gray and rain, and after last night's events.

I took the opportunity to put my stereo back in the car, finish cleaning the front passenger seat, and cleaning the engine bay a bit. Crap battery be damned, I jumped my car and went for a 37 mile drive on the quiet winding back roads with the window open and the stereo on. My goodness, these seats are amazingly comfortable. I never appreciated adjustable lumbar until today. Now if I could just figure out how to program the memory so I can keep my perfect settings.

I think its days like this that makes life worth clinging on to. Where you can get out out and enjoy the day, go for a drive just for teh hell of it, and for a little while all of life's problems are forgotten. ^_^

I hear you...beautiful spring day here, 75 and sunny. I went to the Copperstate 1000 classic car road rally kickoff this morning---saw a bunch of beautiful classic cars on a baseball diamond (where the Los Angeles Angels do their spring training), then drove in the desert to the east to Apache Junction..great weather to drive along w/ the windows down and watch the cars in the rally drive by me... drove around some looking at the spring flora and flauna in the desert.

Been a good weekend...went to a Bruce Springsteen concert Friday night, was about 3hrs, great show, stayed up late.

Yeah, its in the 40's with 30+mph winds right now. Going to be colder tomorrow. Tuesday will be in the 40's and windy, and we've got a baseball game in St. Louis to go to. Its too close to unload the tickets, and I'm sure as hell not going to waste any of our season tix.

Cut a new plywood table top to replace the warped particlesh!t one it came with & refastened the legs/framing to it.

Worked on fabricating a small permanent wood & copper 'awning' for over a side exterior door,

to shield it from rain off a 2nd floor gutterless roof.

Started measuring & planning for a backyard paver walk & patio.

Worked on hoeing out my nightmare of a house garage.

Watched Wrestlemania XXV with my sons.

It rained here over the last two days and was quite chilly today. I just didn't feel like being in the office today so I cleaned and swapped on the summer wheels and power washed the engine bay.

That was the most fun I've had in months... retraining my muscle memory with the grippy tires so as not to oversteer around corners.

It was GORGEOUS here today.

Tomorrow (FRIDAY!) is supposed to be EVEN better. But, then, the weather turns crappy late Saturday and rainy on Sunday. Ugh.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"You know we'll have a good time then" ... Harry Chapin ... 'Cats In The Cradle'