'06 vehicles that picked up steam quickly

LosAngeles

There's a ton of Impalas on the road....of course it helps that there is a pretty sizable rental fleet of them too, but plenty of them are being bought as well...expect dub rims on a lot of them by January. I have a feeling the 3LT with the 17" split-star wheels will be the most popular seller, because it simply looks good stock. As far as the Civic, the coupe seems to be appearing three times as much as the sedan so far. Over at FoMoCo, I've seen three times as many Zephyrs as Fusions....and not one Milan yet. The Zephyr might be a bigger hit than we thought. Quite a few Range Rover Sports (an SUV I like) as well. The Charger's doing great...just like the Impala, solid feeling and looking, relatively inexpensive big cars sell. And finally, this new Lexus GS (even though it was a summer introduction) has benefitted from an all-too-stale previous generation model. What MY '06 trends have you guys noticed?

I'm incredibly surprised that I've already seen several 06 Civics. I see MANY 06 Impalas, which I'm pleased to see. I've seen a few Chargers, not that big of a fan of them though. I've seen just 1 new Malibu, which the front just looks so much better without that horrible veritcal bar. I've never seen a Fusion/Milan/Zephyr. I am FINALLY started to see some 500's on the road.

The split star rims are a great design for the Impala, and they look good on the Malibu and Cobalt, finally a decent design and some familiarity between the three. I have seen a lot of Impalas so far. Cobalts are everywhere. Civics I've seen maybe 7, quite a few for the times it's been out I think. I saw two Bentley Flying Spurs recently, and yes those Range Rovers are everywhere. I saw two Zephyrs yesterday and I've seen three or four of the Fusions, but again just different regions and different sightings. I've seen several, maybe 4 or 5, Mercedes R-class people-movers, those things are disgusting looking. DTS seems to be pretty popular, at least for it being such a new car, I see them quite a bit.

I see more Milans then Fusions <never have seen a Fusion on the road, only at a dealer>. Milans I actually see driving around. I've never seen a Zepher. I see 500s and Montego's about equally. I've seen 5 or 6 DTSes. I've seen a 2 or 3 of the "new face" malibu. I've seen only 2 Avalons and they've been out a while. Only have seen 1 new Civic, but it was being driven by dealership service department staff.

I rely upon the sales figures in Automotive News, not my personal observations. Impala sales were down about 20 pervent in October. Avalon sales more than tripled compared to last year. Civic sales were up about 5 percent. Sales of the M35/45 are up 15 times from last year.

I rely upon the sales figures in Automotive News, not my personal observations. 

Impala sales were down about 20 pervent in October. Avalon sales more than tripled compared to last year.  Civic sales were up about 5 percent.    Sales of the M35/45 are up 15 times from last year.

[post="43641"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:P I think we all rely on the sales figures, but this is just for fun. It works to find out what is selling in which regions. I have seen maybe one 500 and one Montego, for example....it's all just fun.

In San Diego, I have seen several HHRs and tons of 06 Impalas.

So far I haven't seen any 06 Civics or Fusion/Milan/Zephyrs.

[post="43575"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Same for me in AZ. Except I have seen 1 fusion and 1 Zephyr. Not a single Civic, but HHRs and Impalas are becoming a common sight.

The most of any '06 car I've seen has to be a tie between the GS and Impala, both of which look good. I've seen a couple HRRs, Malibu's, a Torrent and DTS, a couple Eclipse's, a Civic coupe and a RR Sport. No Milan or Zephyr yet. Edit: Saw my first Fusion, Civic coupe and new Accord today. I also forgot to mention tons of new Explorers. Edited by sciguy_0504