So, is it time to clean yet?

So, I figure I'd throw out a nice, harmless topic. :neenerneener:

Have you cars got their springtime cleaning yet?

I've found some good deals on wax, so as soon as it warms up, they should get a nice wash and wax.

I've already started cleaning up the inside, but I'm debating about either getting a carpet cleaner, or maybe letting the a place clean it for me.

It's been a rough winter, and the cars are starting to show it. :(

Hopefully this weekend I'll get the interior of the Buick as close to spotless as possible. It should be pretty easy with the seats pulled out and the doors taken off. The other two cars are pretty much new so they dont need a whole lot. Mine could use a good vacuum job and a non-rain based wash.

Oh yes...then again, I never stop, regardless of the time of year.

It was 70'ish over the weekend, the G8 got the rain muck from the end of last week cleansed since it's last full wash the Saturday before, it rained while I let it sit at work today, then got a no rinse wipe/wash tonight to freshen...and a re-dry again after it decided to light rain for a minute afterwards.

Aside from the OCD with my own, the other cars are doing well except for the Malibu which is, uh, bothering me. It'll soon be on break time with a bed ridden fused spine driver, so I'll probably get around to fully re-freshing it for her. It's overdue, in my book.

I got my son to wash my truck last month on a nice day. That'll be it's yearly bath.

Interior is a constant chore- about monthly, because I'm constantly getting copious

amounts of sawdust inside. I wish GM still used loop pile carpeting, would make

vacuuming much easier.

I washed the Impala but need to use detailer on it. Need to use the portable carpet cleaner on the area where the salt is. The other 2 are very clean yet since they are not subjected to the drap the Impala is.

The small green Chevy goes to the touchless wash once a week. The GM Accessory winter mats I got for Xmas have been great, just dump off the loose stuff, stick it in the bath tub, spray some cleaner on it and turn the shower on. Also I got one of those washable dusting mitts for the dash, etc. Edited by ocnblu

The small green Chevy goes to the touchless wash once a week. The GM Accessory winter mats I got for Xmas have been great, just dump off the loose stuff, stick it in the bath tub, spray some cleaner on it and turn the shower on. Also I got one of those washable dusting mitts for the dash, etc.

I've debated about getting those for myself..I wonder how pricey they are?

Yup started with the caddy's, then will get the suburban and hummer cleaned up and finally the kids Durango and Dakota. Once they are all cleaned inside and out, be all set for spring and summer.

Course this coming weekend I am hitting the slopes for some sunny spring skiing. :P Time to work on the pre summer tan.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you cars got their springtime cleaning yet?

Sadly, no. My '87 MC LS/CL really needs a cleaning, but the weather hasn't cooperated when I've had time, yet. Soon, though, hopefully.

Plus ... will be getting the older 4 MCs out for the year in a few weeks ;).

It's been a rough winter, and the cars are starting to show it. :(

Don't I know it :(.

*sighs*

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Put off today what you can do tomorrow, sometimes you don't do the thing" ... Diamond Rio ... 'In A Week Or 2'