Mule Bakersdozen LS

Top 10 2006 Fiascos?

56 posts in this topic

Just curious what you guys think (2006 all-new/redesigned for model year cars/trucks) might not do well in sales this year....

I don't think there are any 'fiascos' on the market, but a couple I think won't do as well as expected, the VW Passat and Jetta.

Corvette Z06. :P Seriously though, I don't see the redesigned Explorer doing that well relative to how much Ford spent on it. I also don't think the Azera, Commander, R-class, Jetta, new Golf, or FJ-cruiser will do well either. Edited by CSpec

My vote goes to the 2006 DTS. I have yet to see one on the road, and many on dealer lots. It just looks awkward and half-baked.

The squished Civic.

[post="44526"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Be realistic. I've lots of these on the roads already.

Edited for spelling. Edited by VarianceJ30

My vote goes to the 2006 DTS.  I have yet to see one on the road, and many on dealer lots.  It just looks awkward and half-baked.

[post="44559"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've actually seen several. It appears to be doing well up here.

As for fiasco, I'd have to go with.... hmmmm.... Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Haha! True, Ven. Two recalls...both for brakes...both within weeks of each other?!

My vote goes to the 2006 DTS.  I have yet to see one on the road, and many on dealer lots.  It just looks awkward and half-baked.

I see it everyday. There's a beautiful pearl white one parked at a small complex near the University. I walk pass there everyday. Edited by ToniCipriani

Raider, Commander, R-Class, Passat (though it's a beautiful car), next-gen Golf (base on the pictures I've seen)...I can't remember any more. I've seen one new DTS so far, which isn't good. I've been seeing plenty of new Explorers, though. How much is Ford discounting them?

I've seen a number on the road here. I've driven one and I really liked it for it's purpose. No, it's not as nimble as my CTS, but it's not ment to be either. That said, it's still handles well for such a large car <just as the Lucerne is reported to by Edmunds>. It will suit it's target market well.

I've seen a fair number of DTS', new Jetta's, Explorer's, Impala's, and HHR's. My votes for 'fiascos of the year (not in order)' are: Buick Lucerne Chevrolet Monte Carlo Mitsubishi Eclipse Mitsubishi Raider (I like the styling, but how many Mighty Max's did you see on the road?) Isuzu i-280/350 (you know, the Canyon clone).

I don't see any new cars that will "tank," but I think that the Honda Civic will be the only big success of the bunch. It seems that Ford and GM only have moderate expectations of most of their new models. Edited by ehaase

I dunno...the DTS just looks awkward, and I think the Lucerne will be the breakout hit of the group.

Mitsubishi Raider.

[post="44465"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If so, that's only because of the Mitsubishi badge...it looks better than the Dakota IMO.

If so, that's only because of the Mitsubishi badge...it looks better than the Dakota IMO.

[post="45121"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe without all that craplastic.

Isuzu i-280/350 Isuzu MB R-Class Chevrolet Monte Carlo Buick Lucerne Saturn VUE Audi A3

I see the DTS nearly everyday here....I've seen several in one day here.

Everyone naming the Monte carlo is surprising. The car isn't even on the road yet. And the R-class's demise is greatly exaggerated.

Everyone naming the Monte carlo is surprising.  The car isn't even on the road yet.

And the R-class's demise is greatly exaggerated.

[post="45221"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh yes it is. Saw my fifth today.

The R-Class won't die (Mercedes products don't die; they just linger until no one buys them anymore) but it won't sell as expected. Not with those gangly lines and high pricetag.

Isuzu i-280/350

Isuzu

MB R-Class

Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Buick Lucerne

Saturn VUE

Audi A3

[post="45132"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've seen quite a few A3s... they're starting to become more and more common.

The DTS seems to be doing decently. I've seen two that weren't rentals.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor