Building a car that would be a bestseller.

Describe a car that you think would be desirable? What would be your perfect next car. How big would it be? How would it be powered? Describe it's overall shape and its interior and the color you would choose for both the inside and outside of the car. Which bodystyle would you choose. Feel free to invent body styles that still do not exist. And of course, how much chrome would you like on your car, and where?

And of course, how much chrome would you like on your car, and where?

:lol: Sorry... just found that funny. :P

Anyways, my perfect car would be compact in size. It'd be a notchback coupe with a curvy body with aggressive fascias and stance. It would somewhat resemble the Sunfire GXP concept and other Pontiacs combined. It'd powered by a turbocharged 4cyl with a 5spd transmission with dual tipped exhaust. The interior would seat 4 with highly bolstered buckets. The dash would flow perfectly just like the exterior. Overall it would slightly resemble the GTO's with modern Pontiac mixed in. Colorwise... I'd take mine in black for both interior and exterior. The only chrome you'd find is with various touches throughout the interior, the exhaust tips, and head/taillight elements. That's it.

Rear engine flat-8 4.5 litre 361hp fuel injected block 3 seat 2 door AWD T-top/single round tails on an angular monte(the real ones) inspired rear/single round headlamps in a shortened 69 yenko camero grill/smooth bumper all the way down to edge of frame/ wheel wells 29" from back edge of back bumper and 10" from front edge front bumper/ notchback/ 4 exhaust with a horizontal 2"x 6" tip; two on either rear fender 3" from bottom and 8" from corner; two in rear bumper 4" from bottom and 8" from corner pink fuzzy dice and a pink steering wheel deep dark red exterior smooth grey interior with very slight wood accents 7 spoke 16 in front 19 in rear single lug wheels auto with shift kit 4 speed with overdrive 3 disc CD changer XM radio, AC, climate control, electronic locks;windows, tilt steering wheel heated BUCKET seats, no ashtrays, three cup holders; one on passenger door near bottom; two in center behind shift boot 12 gal gas tank in front ill see if i cant track down the owner of MY car and get some pics and a test drive for ya guys... oh and it doesnt have a name i designed everything from scratch block design based on a porshe 3.0 flat 8 lemans engine Edited by mute

Chevy (name) 3.5L V6 VVT, DoD, Lean-Burn, Direct Injection 530hp @ 10000rpm (performance version: 800hp @ 15,000rpm) SULEV III emissions RWD 2-seater 23/35mpg (11/35 if you drive it really hard) Navy Blue interior 2 spoke stering wheel 10-spd Semi-truck manual AC/Heater AM/FM/CD/DVD radio 16s front 18s back 1st gen camaro front current mustang rear geo metro side size of a fleetwood Yes... the best car ever Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

I'm a bit greedy.... I want a G6 4-cylinder as a daily driver and a Solstice as a weekend car :P The G6, pretty much what I'm ordering tomorrow. No goodies required on the Solstice, again, who needs power windows and air conditioning when you have a ragtop? Edited by ToniCipriani

Good fun idea Chrome, but Im zapped of my creativity and burnt out on cars from all the BS lately. All I can say is it would indeed have fine chrome door handles, grill, wheels and bumper trim plus highlights on the interior.

It would be a three model line, consisting of a large/midsize :P (that was for LA) optionless 5-6 passenger, a smaller personal luxury 2dr coupe once again optionless, and a mid engined two seater targa. All aluminum SC 6's of my design except the sportscar would be turboed. Oh and yea....... B U I C K :AH-HA_wink: would be in chrome with a nice tastefully smaller chrome tri shield in red white and blue. It would be Buick Motor Company, completely and totally devoid of any Generals and I would recieve 3 weeks in the Riviera at end of first year as a sign on bonus, where I would be examining shapely curves to apply to my next prototype that would be called Oldsmobile N-EXT ! Thats all !

:CG_all:

I would call the the Corvette and would consist of eight trims: Corvette Club Coupe - 4cyl ecotec - 155hp Corvette Club - 4 cyl diesel - 130hp Corvette-ette - 1 cyl 2-stroke economy model - 50hp Corvetternarian - 4.3l V6 - 190hp Cor-x-4 - 5.3l V8 - 260hp - 4wd and twelve inches of ground clearence Whorevette - 9.8l V12 - 900hp - 2-speed manual - cardboard trim panels - $10,000 - quick and cheap, hence the name Marine Corpsvette - 2 outboard Mercury engines - amphibious sports boat/car Corvette Asperger's Edition - a sports car that has mental and mechanical breakdowns.

Give me two rows of seats, RWD, V8, and a drop top, for < $30K, and I'll sign whatever you shove under my nose.

My perfect car would be a sleek RWD sedan powered by a smooth inline-6. It'd be on the small end of the midsize spectrum with a sleek, well-proportioned body, agressively-styled fascias, 18" graphite-polished wheels, an aggressive stance, and a true dual exhaust system with understated chrome-polished exhaust tips. Other exterior touches would include LED taillamps and high-gloss metallic paint. Inside, it'd have a flowing console/dash design with orange backlighting and tasteful aluminum/titanium accents. Seats would be leather with suede inserts, and highly-bolstered, yet comfortable . It'd have a 3-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel with mounted controls and a killer sound system. That's my perfect car.

im changing my vote

this with a performance inline 5
single exhaust on right quarter panel behind wheel centered between wheel and end of overhang
in black with a peanut butter cloth interior (yeah thats right i said cloth) with
3 bucket seats (two in front normal position one in the very middle of the car behind em both)
6"x9" 3way speakers rear (left and right at b pillars) and
5" two way front speakers (at the a pillars in dash) and
one 5" speakers in each door
tweeters at top of a pillars hidden and subwoofer under rear bucket seat,
suicide lambo doors (with shaved door handles, on actuators) with
the handles under the sideview mirrors hidden,
AWD, direct shift on dash,
one cupholder in passenger door
two cupholders in center console
two cupholders in back on right side of passenger seat )
two cigarette outlets in back (to left of passenger) and
one outlet in trunk and two in dash,
6"tall x3"wide analog square clock (with no numbers just dots black face chrome trim) inset into dash above radio with rounded polished cherry accents (flush with clock on sides the same height as clock but only extending out 1.5 inches and tapering to 1 inch towards top and bottom) on sides
below clock is the in car computer that controls climate, engine tuning, 6 disc in dash, xm radio, sound components; monitors engine, passenger, etc
below computer is slot for in dash changer with chrome accents between it and the computer
rounded polished cherry accent below computer flush with bottom 6” long 1” wide tapering to a point at either side
shift boot under inlay on left with two outlets on right vertically arranged
storage compartment under shift knob to floor
rounded polished cherry accents on doors (about 1' long x 3"-1.5" wide extending from inside handles backwards towards the passenger) chrome inside handles (14 inches from front of door and 10 inches from window seam)
rounded polished cherry accent in steering wheel 6” long tapering from 1” to 0.5” centered sideways and 2/3 way up
above steering wheel is instrument cluster with the standard gauges MPH and RPM at I third of cluster from right larger by 50% than others
rounded polished cherry accent on dash extending from the passenger side 8” from door at 1.5” wide, 2/3 of the way across towards driver ending at 4” and rounded with an perfect hemispherical end 1.5ft from front glass
center console starts 1 ft and ends 2,5 ft back from foot of dash two cupholders at front top of console staggered with drivers side at front by 2”
e-brake lever on right side of consol taking up 1/4 of the width
rounded polished cherry accent centered on console 3” from cupholders and back staring at 2” and ending at 1” wide
on other side of accent is a compartment that extends to the floor with no overhang from cupholders or e brake suitable only for holding papers
on drivers door armrest there are window control buttons and headlight control dial at front
on dash keyed ignition on right side of steering wheel
on passenger side inside the glove compartment which starts at the bottom of the accent 14 inches from door and extends till 10 inches from center console 18” wide and extends 8 inches down opens down with button release
below glove compartment is a keyboard for in car computer opens with button on electric drawer
moon roof that extends longer front to back of vehicle than side to sides tilts and opens halfways backwards
rear seat cannot recline more than 10 degrees from full upright without sliding forward which it can do 8 inches
to right of passenger seat are two cupholders on side wall behind door and a flip up tray that is 8 deep x 10 wide locks and releases from out position by button and releases from folded by pushing at lower right corner
floor is empty at right
left side has two cigarette outlets arranged vertically at back of sidewall behind door and a storage storage consol 20” tall going from wall to seat to back of drivers seat when all the way back with closing lid with flat top
rounded polished cherry accent either side of rear seat 6 inches long 2” wide at front to 1” at back
the black shown on the mirrors would be chrome

Posted Image

Edited by mute

I think I'd revive the '78-'81 Malibu coupe on a modern RWD platform and sell it for $23-$26k, with a 350 horse LS series V8 and a six speed manual. It would have an updated interior, a nice sounding stereo, and... a bench seat with supportive contouring for two people. It'd have a bigger ring gear than a stock G-body. It would also need a slightly lower suspension, with swaybars and four wheel discs cuz I like to turn, stop and GO! Edited by ocnblu

A midsize/large RWD coupe with a V8 making about 350 hp, 5-speed manual, preferably a Buick, Mercury, or Lincoln. It would be long and low but still having a muscular stance. Black leather bucket seats with white stitching, dual exhaust, great sound system, moonroof, two-tone interior, and aluminum dash trim. The exterior would have an agressive front end, distinctive grille with chrome highlights, some chrome trim pieces, HID headlights and LED taillights, RWD proportions, and five-spoke 18" aluminum rims.