Happy Birthday caddycruiser

ocnblu

Why thank you. All has been great today...except for the official Pontiac announcement, same day.

Oh well. 23 is a funny number...still so young, yet starting to get the "wow, I'm not a kid anymore" feelings.

:sign0072: my friend!! Even with the sad news sharing your special day, go out in your beautiful G8 GT and drive those blues away. 23? Wow that feel so 11 years ago to me :lol:

Hah, Roger...went out to lunch with my 32 year old co-worker/other half, and she said "the next 9 years will fly by like nothing."

Same to you and your wife with the G6. Some celebratory send off drives today in our Pontiacs, into the sunset.

Hah, Roger...went out to lunch with my 32 year old co-worker/other half, and she said "the next 9 years will fly by like nothing."

Same to you and your wife with the G6. Some celebratory send off drives today in our Pontiacs, into the sunset.

Yeah, you don't have to tell me what 10 years flying by feels like :rolls_eyes: I can't believe 35 is around the corner (December) - I remember turning 30 like it was yesterday...

I took the G6 on a roadtrip Sunday, to Macungie Memorial Park in Macungie (Allentown), PA to attend the "GM on Display" car show. I actually drove the darn thing like I stole it - it was pretty smooth at 95 MPH on the Northeast Extension of the PA Turnpike (thank God I was in the middle of moving traffic at the time and not alone for a PA State Trooper to tag me)... and I gotta say after driving a Malibu LT ('04), my AURA XE ('07), and now the G6 V6 ('08) - all with the 3500 V6 - I was impressed with the ride & handling of the G6 the most (I did notice a little more roadnoise with the G6 over my AURA, which seems to have the most sound insulation in it <early '06 build>). But the G6 was comfortable and I had no problem keeping up with many BMWs, Mercedes, and Mustangs (and the occasional Yukon Denalis and Escalades too).

With my love and desire for a new Pontiac G8 GT, it's hard to swallow the fact that the G6 may be the last NEW Pontiac I got to buy (okay, I probably could buy one more new one this summer/fall, but I'm not sure I want a G5 GT or Vibe GT to be the last new Pontiac I buy - no way will either compare to a G8 purchase). And I'm sure G8 incentives won't be great until the least desirable ones are left on the lots later this year, and I don't want to settle for a V6 (I guess we'll never see the DI 3.6l V6 will we???).