BRX Sketch

bostonspider

It is just a Edmunds sketch I think, and the car is not a Maxx based vehicle. It is based on an extended Theta platform to be shared with Saab and maybe Buick, and would be built in Mexico. It would seat 7, and come with the 3.6L V6. It could end up being a really nice car. Though I think the sketch is jus tpure conjecture at this point.

Gross.... absolutely TERRIBLE! That greenhouse is just disgustingly un-CAdillac like. Looks like a KIa for God's sake. :puke:

I love the FX35/45 but I do not like this at all.

Very bad sketch. Looks like something a 4th grader would draw. I doubt they would do this. It looks more like a Dodge Caliber then anything. From what I had read, the BRX was to be based off the Epsilon II platform. I think that would've been a wiser choice on GM's part. I think Theta is too truck-like. Edited by Cadillacfan85

I'm shocked that you guys aren't into this thing. I REALLY can't say that I hate it all that much. While a more rakish windshield would do wonders for the design, I still think it's sharp, unique, even attractive. Regardless, it's much more distinctive and far more "Cadillac" than the rebadged Tahoe of an Escalade we're about to get. No debate there.

Is BRX like a Cadillac Malibu MAXX?

B = Epsilon size class
RX = Crossover configuration

Is that Edmunds' sketch or a GM sketch released by Edmunds?

[post="46748"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, B-size class is the international term for 'subcompact car'. Or in most cases today, compact-car interior and a subcompact exterior size. You might know these best as Chevrolet Aveo, Scion xA, Toyota Echo, Kia Rio, and Hyundai Accent. I like the front ends of this drawing, but the rear looks too much like the 2000 Chevy Traverse concept car (which previewed the Malibu Maxx).

How can you take any seriously when GM han't even finalized the design?  Anyway, neither looks anything like the preliminary design sketches that were shown to the media in September.  What was shown was much more rakish and cutting edge looking, not derivative likes these.  But again, it's still too early.

[post="47524"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So is that a good thing or a bad thing??

:blink:

I think bad, if the cars have lost their edge and personality.

pretty much what I have been thinking. yet again GM putting all thier eggs in one basket. and talk about derivatives of every model for each division. all this talk about marketing costs, don't they ever think about is this model worth the marketing costs down the line? Is it different enough that it will attract enough people to justify the marketing costs. If these will be just mere rebadges, then there is no damn sense in putting extra money into them. Just make on spectacular product instead!!!!

I'm confused. Some one remind us what the difference between all of these platforms is.

[post="47673"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You should just do a search on this site regarding all of the platforms. All have been discussed extensively.

9-6X was to be a Saab version of the Subaru B9 Tribeca, but it was recently cancelled. Both of those were slated to be based on the front or all-wheel-drive, mid or full-size Lambda car-based crossover architecture, but Lambda could not fit the 3.0-liter Boxer H-6 engine, so it was moved to a stretched Legacy/Outback/Baja platform. TE-Theta-Epsilon II. Really just a mid-size version of the second-generation Theta architecture, as I think the two platforms are interchangable anyway (compared the 106.3 and 112.3" wheelbases-coincidence? I think not!) Sub-Theta-Shortened Theta architecture meets Delta II (Cobalt, HHR, ION, Canada/Mexico-only Pursuit/G4). Chevy, GMC, and possible Buick versions. Theta II-2008 Saturn VUE, Opel/Vauxhall Antara, Chevrolet/Holden (GM-DAT) Captiva S3X, and 2010 or so Chevrolet Equinox redesign (on long-wheelbase I think). Pontiac Torrent (unfortunately) to supposedly move to GMC.