Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bostonspider

BRX Sketch

32 posts in this topic

Is BRX like a Cadillac Malibu MAXX? B = Epsilon size class RX = Crossover configuration Is that Edmunds' sketch or a GM sketch released by Edmunds?

It is just a Edmunds sketch I think, and the car is not a Maxx based vehicle. It is based on an extended Theta platform to be shared with Saab and maybe Buick, and would be built in Mexico. It would seat 7, and come with the 3.6L V6. It could end up being a really nice car. Though I think the sketch is jus tpure conjecture at this point.

I didn't mean it would literally be a Cadillac MAXX. But now that I look at it again... Edit: Whew... Thanks for clearing that up, Bostonspider. Edited by aaaantoine

Gross.... absolutely TERRIBLE! That greenhouse is just disgustingly un-CAdillac like. Looks like a KIa for God's sake. :puke:

Huh? I actually like the sketch. It gives the vehicle an FX35/45-like profile and stance. Put a Velite grille on the front and round out the greenhouse for the Buick version. :)

Yeah, it has like a SAAB-y upright windshield rake. And it looks softer than what we've seen from Art & Science, even softer than STS.

I love the FX35/45 but I do not like this at all.

Very bad sketch. Looks like something a 4th grader would draw. I doubt they would do this. It looks more like a Dodge Caliber then anything. From what I had read, the BRX was to be based off the Epsilon II platform. I think that would've been a wiser choice on GM's part. I think Theta is too truck-like. Edited by Cadillacfan85

I'm shocked that you guys aren't into this thing. I REALLY can't say that I hate it all that much. While a more rakish windshield would do wonders for the design, I still think it's sharp, unique, even attractive. Regardless, it's much more distinctive and far more "Cadillac" than the rebadged Tahoe of an Escalade we're about to get. No debate there.

I always thought Motor Trend's interpretation of the BRX was attractive:

Posted Image

They are all just guessing. Don't take it so seriously. Theta and Epsilon are somewhat related already, the new premium theta and epsilon II will be even more so.

I wonder what platform that it would sit on?  :blink:

[post="47369"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A long wheel base Theta, so that it'll be able to accmodate a third row.

I always thought the Motor Trend sketch was the best looking for them all, and most believable. That said, I do not like the other sketch at all. It'd be perfect for Saab, but not for any other division.

Is BRX like a Cadillac Malibu MAXX?

B = Epsilon size class
RX = Crossover configuration

Is that Edmunds' sketch or a GM sketch released by Edmunds?

[post="46748"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, B-size class is the international term for 'subcompact car'. Or in most cases today, compact-car interior and a subcompact exterior size. You might know these best as Chevrolet Aveo, Scion xA, Toyota Echo, Kia Rio, and Hyundai Accent. I like the front ends of this drawing, but the rear looks too much like the 2000 Chevy Traverse concept car (which previewed the Malibu Maxx).

i remember them saying the BRX wouldn't have a third row. the felt it was unneccasary in that size class, especially because the want to sell it in europe. I agree the BRX doesn't need a third row.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0