Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A Horse With No Name

If you could destroy one car in a movie...

45 posts in this topic

Here is the question-you are producing a big bucks Hollywood movie with a script you've written. The villan/anti-hero dies at the end in a brutal car wreck that ends his (or her) life and the life of the car in a spectacular fashion.

What would be a great, sinister car to blow up?

Here are my thoughts-

1. Modern Porsche (cayman perhaps) painted black.

2. Suicide door moredoor lincoln from the 1960's, again, black. Would hate to destroy a vintage car, but we could use a Parts car as a stand in. Great anti hero car, suprised it hasen't been used more.

3. What else? 69 Charger R/T. Every other 69 Charger ever made has been destroyed in movies-TV, why not another.

4. I'm going to get flamed for this but...new Camaro. Sinister enough for the sonofabitch who wants to end the world as we know it. Again..black please.

5. Along the lines of Camaro...(new) Challenger would make a great car for a sinister charactor to drive in a movie.

What else would be a good, sinister, in charactor car for a bad guy to drive/chase/die in?

Your thoughts, please.

Chris

...and please, no one reply Camry. Your really lame if the guy who wants to end the world in your movie drives a Camry.

Chris

A Toyota Prius, followed by a Toyota Tundra driven by some tuff mean ass-hole, followed by a Camry Hybrid. Those would be my few.

...and please, no one reply Camry. Your really lame if the guy who wants to end the world in your movie drives a Camry.

Chris

Too late did that before I knew you posted this. I said CAMRY HYBRID not Camry.

Camry Hybrid would be an interesting car for an anti hero. Perhaps someone wanting to end the human race for the good of the planet and they drive a Hybrid...

Hmm...plot possibilities are interesting.

Tundra= too ugly to die.

Any more thoughts?

Chris

Prius

[/thread]

My epic screenplay does not yet have a chase/wreck scene, but I have said that if I ever actually make it, I'll use the Buick for any scene that take place in a car. So if I insert a chase scene, it'll be in a big, old Buick.

I could see buick...if you had, again, a parts car as a "stand in" a 1950's buick would be great...esp. if you did your screenplay in black and white like the movie Sin City or something. Next...

It would be cool to see a lot full of Priuses and Camrys run over by a tank.

Of cars currently available, I could actually see a black CTS being a villain car.

Seeing a car hauler full of HUMMER H2s roll over and explode would be cool...or a train crash into a line of 20 or so HUMMERs.

Of cars currently available, I could actually see a black CTS being a villain car.

Yeah, like Nic Cage in the black STS in 'Face Off'. Can't think of any recent Caddy villian cars besides the Escalade the twins drove in Matrix: Reloaded.

Mercedes SL 300 Gulliwing, Ferrari Testarossa, Lamborghini Countach, Ford GT race car in a four way car bang.

I'd love to see a director have the guts (and $$$) to destroy 100 new Camrys, Priuses, and H2s in one sequence..that would be cool.

Rob

Yeah, like Nic Cage in the black STS in 'Face Off'. Can't think of any recent Caddy villian cars besides the Escalade the twins drove in Matrix: Reloaded.

I too thought of that INSTANTLY when I read the CTS comment.

One of my fav. movie moments involving Cadillacs. :wub:

ALSO;

The original Matrix movie had a 1965(?) Suicide door Lincoln Continental

in all black prominently featured in the scene just prior to the de-javu.

I too thought of that INSTANTLY when I read the CTS comment.

One of my fav. movie moments involving Cadillacs. :wub:

ALSO;

The original Matrix movie had a 1965(?) Suicide door Lincoln Continental

in all black prominently featured in the scene just prior to the de-javu.

Ya, in the rain..at night...with Trinity in PVC. Great scene, goregous car.. IIRC, the Lincoln appears in one of the later movies also. IIRC, in the first movie, it was a '63, but a '65 in one of the later movies...thought there was a change of model year for some reason..haven't seen them in a while.

I'd love to see a director have the guts (and $$$) to destroy 100 new Camrys, Priuses, and H2s in one sequence..that would be cool.

Rob

That would be great... Tough vs. Green

Shelby Mustang GT500

Shelby Mustang GT500

Isn't that what they used in that god-awful Knightrider remake?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0