Buick Enclave info

Northstar

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are absolutely correct, as you are 95 percent of the time.

[post="66154"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

<blushing>

ehaase you are too kind.....

^_^

BUT....Fly....I was more referring to semantics....or what we call them....just as to me, true minivans have sliding doors (hence R500 and Pacifica are not "minivans.")

Cars like Freestyle, R500, Pacifica, etc are "crossovers" to me. Anything else that's higher up, with SUV-style-overtones, are SUVs to me (RAV4, CR-V, Tahoe, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, Trailblazer, Liberty, Grand Cherokee, Range Rover, X5, yadda, yadda.)

'Course that's just my opinion on how I try to see things and classify them to myself....

I agree, they are Crossovers. Calling something like the Pacifica a modern day wagon or a minvan are both just wrong. For example the Ford Focus has a wagon... that is a modern day wagon. A Crossover is something that is part wagon, part minivan, and part SUV.

Motor Trend indicates that GM is, in fact, abandoning minivans. I personally feel that that's a terrible idea. It's like admitting defeat, admitting that it can't build excellent minivans. I just hate ego-busters lke that.

Motor Trend indicates that GM is, in fact, abandoning minivans.
I personally feel that that's a terrible idea. It's like admitting defeat, admitting that it can't build excellent minivans. I just hate ego-busters lke that.

[post="67741"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'll start to believe that when one of the insiders here confirms it. I am personally not very trusting of that rag (of which I was dumb enough to recently subscribe).

I personally feel that that's a terrible idea. It's like admitting defeat, admitting that it can't build excellent minivans. I just hate ego-busters lke that.

I agree 100%! I can't believe GM would give up on that ENTIRE market segment... WTF. It can't be hard for GM to make a great minivan. I'll say it again; make two. A Chevy, and a premium Saturn. Make them as unique as possible. Copy DCX's sto and go feature; make them no smaller than the Odyssey; give them the HFV6. Auto doors, etc. etc. etc. Go for it!

A question for the insiders.... The Lambda crossovers (not the minivan replacements, but the Enclave and equivalents) would you class them alongside R-class, ie like a station wagon? or more like a SUV that just happens to not be BOF? or somewhere in the middle like and RX330? please give us a hint

A question for the insiders....

The Lambda crossovers (not the minivan replacements, but the Enclave and equivalents)

would you class them alongside R-class, ie like a station wagon?

or more like a SUV that just happens to not be BOF?

or somewhere in the middle like and RX330?

please give us a hint

[post="67975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm not an insider. But from the Lambda spy shots we've seen of the Outlook and GMC, the crossovers will be "true crossovers" (RX,Murano,FX). The have the height, ground clearance, and look other SUVs. The new R-Class is a new breed, I think. Geez, I can't wait to see the Enclave!

I'm pretty confident that the exterior of the Enclave will be sharp. Although the looks of the RDV have grown on me, it is an acquired taste and I'm sure the Enclave, based on the new architecture will look great. I'm more concerned about the interior. Will BUICK (GM) really step up and make the interior world class? There has been much discussion here over the LaX interior, and to a lesser extent, the Lucerne. Although much (MUCH) improved, I think there is a general feel that the Lucerne interior could have been a bit more . . . . without fault . . . something that really made us all swoon. Looking at the pics of the new Tahoe interior, I kinda feel that the Lucerne got short changed. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the Enclave. Does anyone know if the BUICK website will be updated with sneek peek pics before the show, like they did with LaX and Lucerne?

My "easy" way of defining what is a "station wagon" is any car that replaces its trunk with a extended rear end ("wagon.) 

Such as......

BMW 325i.......BMW 325i Touring
Buick Roadmaster sedan......Buick Roadmaster Wagon
Ford Taurus sedan......Ford Taurus wagon
Suzuki Forenza sedan.....Suzuki Forenza wagon
Audi A4 sedan......Audi A4 Avant
M-Benz E500 sedan......M-Benz E500 wagon

What's not a "station wagon?" (based upon their "doner" platforms...)

Ford 500.......Ford Freestyle
M-Benz ML500.......M-Benz R500
Chrysler T&C......Chrysler Pacifica
Subaru Impreza......Subaru Forester

What do you guys think of my rationale?

[post="66136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree but I think the biggest difference between a tradition station wagon and a crossover/suv is the higher seating position in the crossover/suv. The H-Point (hip height) is higher off the ground.

Motor Trend does not know what they are talking about.

Does that mean 2:10PM today?  I know C&G is on top of something this big.

[post="69774"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, and surprisingly, we have never seen a spyshot of the exterior nor interior. I'm VERY anxious to see what this is going to be, look like, have as options, etc.

Personally, I'm not sure there's any reason for any brand to have a minivan other than Chevy.

The reason there's no need for a Buick minivan, IMHO, is that the Enclave will suit 90% of those buyers. If Chevy got a Lambda X-Over then there'd be little reason for any GM minivan, except that GM needs some sort of minivan just for those who want a minivan and nothing else.

One good reason to keep a Saturn van that I didn't think of before is that I think many buyers of the Sienna and Odyssey wouldn't consider a GM brand other than Saturn.

[post="58919"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

enclave doesn't have sliding doors.

some folks won't buy SUV's and will only buy vans. plus, minivans have more space. MUCH more.

rural / less poulated areas that don't have saturn dealerships, if they are not served by a Chevy dealer, but by a B-P-GMC dealer, may benefit from having a van available to sell vs the new dumpy ass looking fat chrysler vans. Edited by regfootball