Sebring and Avenger are IIHS Top Safety Picks

Subaru Legacy and Outback, Dodge Avenger and Chrysler Sebring new IIHS Top Safety Picks

by Jonathon Ramsey (RSS feed) on Aug 27th 2009 at 6:29PM

03_photo_ext_sebring_09.jpg01_ext_phtgal_avenger_09.jpg

Four 2010 model year vehicles have just been awarded Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: Subaru's Outback and Legacy, the Dodge Avenger and Chrysler's Sebring. Top Safety Picks are given to those vehicles that come equipped with electronic stability control and receive front, side, and rear crash test ratings of 'Good' in IIHS testing.

The Legacy has boasted a 'Good' rating for a few years now, while the all-new Outback takes the cake on its first try. The Sebring and Avenger continue their runs of 'Good' form in their current generations.

[source: IIHS]

Source article: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/27/subaru-...ler-sebring-ne/

i have a new appreciation for the sebring avenger. never buy one new, but they are incredible buys used. the interior is cheese and they drive like crap, but they are not bad. just slightly behind the curve. i could prob stomach an avenger for a couple years. I like the dash layout and its fairly spacious in back. its a nice tweener size.

:lol: You might be right.

Although C&D did say the Avenger was put together better than the Camry, and drove better too. :scratchchin:

Don't recall that.. I've never looked closely at the Avenger, but had a Sebring convertible rental last year. Pleasant enough to drive, but oh, the interior and the lack of trunk space (with a giant trunk lid)...just seemed very cheaply put together....

In the Sebring's case it's probably a much safer car simply because people stay away to avoid getting the ugly on them.

YOU LOSER! YOU BEAT ME TOO IT--When I read the topic that was the FIRST thing that came to my mind! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
:lol: You might be right.

Although C&D did say the Avenger was put together better than the Camry, and drove better too. :scratchchin:

Cool! I'll bet some people at Toyota were pissed about THAT!

Chris