Lincoln really didn't differentiate this enough from the Edge. The rear is a blatant rebadge aside from the full-width taillamp unit.

I'm beginning to think even the Zephyr is more Lincoln than this.

Wow, I think ya'll are being a bit harsh. I think that this is a great addititon to Lincoln, and it looks great (in and out). I'd rock it in a heartbeat. That said, the Enclave BLOWS this out of the water, lol But like VarianceJ30, I'll save my final assestment of that comparison for the production Enclave.

It looks really sharp.  Whoever said the taillights are a blatant Edge rebadge need their eyes checked...the two are totally different shapes!

That is beautiful!! The only thing that I don't like is the front end and that hood... they could have put a few levels like GM did with the tahoe. It's still awesome though!! 14 speaker THX audio, with 2 subs 600 watts..!! :o

You can't compare the Enclave and MKX, the Enclave is two whole size classes bigger.

How? Could you explain that? I thought that they were in the same class. The Enclave is a larger, and offers a third row, but I thought they were in the same class. Along with the RX, X5, SRX, MDX, LR3, M-Class. The Enclave doesn't compete with the Escalade, QX56, and Navigator, does it?

Edited by titan

You can't compare the Enclave and MKX, the Enclave is two whole size classes bigger.

Check out CSpec's comparison chart of the Enclave's dimensions against the compeititon. It's pretty much comparable to the vehicles I previously listed; except that it's noticably longer, so the there is TRUE third row comfort. It's a longish, midsize crossover in the same class as the RX/MDX/SRX et. all. The Aviators in that class.

The MKX is a smallish midsize CUV, the Enclave will basically be a large CUV. Ford will be coming out with a large CUV, for Lincoln, based on the D3 platform (Ford 500).

That would be more comparable to the Enclave.

The RX is the MKX's target.

What is the projected release date for the Enclave, btw???

But isn't the RX the Enclave's target too? Along with the MDX? I hadn't heard anything about a CUV based on the D3. What do you know about it?

Edited by titan

...I hadn't heard anything about a CUV based on the D3.  What do you know about it?

Codename D472 - built on an enlarged D3 platform - generally referred as a MAV (minivan alternative vehicle) and, in Lincoln's case, a possible R-class competitor.

A Ford platform mate (D471) will be the next, larger Freestyle, which will have styling based on the Fairlane-concept (but that concept was on the smaller Fusion/Edge platform so use some imaginiation)

That help?

At first I was very turned off by it...

But then I saw it in a lighter color and it really grew on me...

It's not really my cup-o-tea but it is stylish and fresh. It should add some much needed youth and sales to the Lincoln division, I think, like the Fusion/Milan/Zephyr, the Edge/MKX will be a hit.

But isn't the RX the Enclave's target too? Along with the MDX?  I hadn't heard anything about a CUV based on the D3.  What do you know about it?

The only crossovers even close to the Enclave concept in size are the Pacifica and Audi Q7. It's most comparable in size to the Tahoe/Yukon.

D/E-segment: (small to large)

>4600mm

RD-X

Chevrolet Captiva

Outlander (2007)

X5

CX-7

Santa Fe (2007)

>4700mm

RX330

Edge

Rendezvous

MKX

Murano

MDX

Equinox

E-segment

>4800mm

XC90

FX45

Tribeca

Endeavor

Territory

SRX

F-segment

>5000mm

Pacifica

Freestyle (much narrower)

Q7

>5100mm

Enclave

It's alright, not great but not horrible. You can tell it's different from the Edge while looking at the front and rear but look at it from the side and you can tell it's a pretty good rebadge. This will pull younger buyers into Lincoln showrooms but Ford has got to try harder. The interior barely cuts it in design, though I'm sure the materials are there.

in person the grill is horrible. If someone didn't tell you or you were a joe that didn't know cars you would not know it is related to the edge.

the Escalade looks so much better in person this looks worse and it looks bad in black.

The Enclave is much much biger. It is the Explorer size not the MKX size.

And while Ford may have been overdone at the show by Gm's Camaro it released the Edge which will sell a ton! and a real 475 hp mustang and vert.

So ummm...they're not as flashy but didn't have a bad show. The inside of the edge is very nice, much better done than the Fusion. Although I don't like the modular look of the center stack. The CX-7 was awesome inside.

That will probably be our next vehicle whenever this F'in Jeep's lease is up. POS.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but compare concept with concept, not concept with production.

secondly, this crossover fit's in well with Lincoln's current lineup, my opinion. I really really like this, however, I wish that they would have been a tad bit more liberal with this vehicle's designs, borrowing more freely from design's that have worked, think X5, FX45, RX330, and SRX.

• 2 weeks later...

THIS is a Lincoln? From the side it looks like any blah ordinary Japanese compact sport ute. The interior is ok but the exterior is utterly forgettable like most newly introduced vehicles of late! Hate the name too. Why is every luxury car maker copying the same theme here: dull plain looking sides with no door molding and absence of chrome and trim, alphanumeric names, dull Japanese styling etc?

Guest YellowJacket894

That grille is a piss poor recreation of a vintage Continetal grille.

It'll sell good, but it is sort of boring. At least it's better than what it replaced, the old Aviator, which looked like a shruken Navigator.