Sign in to follow this  
hyperv6

When will the GTO concept appear?

Now that the Camaro has broke cover how soon till the new GTO Concept appears?

Several reports stated the new Camaro will share the Zeta platform with the new GTO.

Will we see it in Chicago? This is where many of Pontiac's production conepts appeared in the past.

Or will it be N Y or LA in the fall.

Several reports stated the new Camaro will share the Zeta platform with the new GTO.

Don't get ahead of yourself. I would not be so certain that there WILL be a Camaro.

At this time, take this report to the bank. No RFQs, no Camaro.

And if the Camaro does get the final go, which I expect, there is little point for the GTO.

Edited by evok

Mark this down and will just see what happens. 18-20 months.

GM has done some dumb things but showing a concept Camaro and not building it would finish GM off. The public relation fall out would be of a nature they would never recover from. When a Camaro is green lighted a GTO is a go as long as they don't drop Pontiac.

Pontiac is not going to make it on G6 and Solstice alone.

Also keep in mind 165,000 production numbers need a little help and GTO can provide that.

GM has done some dumb things but showing a concept Camaro and not building it would finish GM off. The public relation fall out would be of a nature they would never recover from. When a Camaro is green lighted a GTO is a go as long as they don't drop Pontiac.

Also keep in mind 165,000 production numbers need a little help and GTO can provide that.

I think I understand the situation a lot better than you. And most certainly my info did not come from Edmunds or Motor Trend.

I don't think GTO has a thing to do with Camaro one way or the other. GTO is a GT class car. Camaro is a muscle car. IF GM were going to do a GTO it would need to be a different kind of car than Camaro, different image/softer suspension... Also we should note that if our insiders say not to expect something then we should not expect it.

BTW evok can you share what GM has planned for the other shows?

G8.

and recall Pontiac is now tied with Buick/GMC in dealers so they don't need to cover all the bases.

I think I understand the situation a lot better than you.  And most certainly my info did not come from Edmunds or Motor Trend.

FYI: I don't believe anything MT prints and the only Edmunds is see is repost here.

I not saying your wrong it's just my prediction and if its right great if not so be it. Your welcome to your opinion too and I am not going to argue about it so just leave it at that. Either way it will be interesting to watch.

I just don't see Pontiac the Performance division going it with one RWD sedan and no up level luxury perfomance coupe to go with it. Buick had nothing to fill that void either.

I do know that there will not be a any Firebirds unless the Camaro really takes off and then it will still have very little odds of coming back.

Don't get ahead of yourself.  I would not be so certain that there WILL be a Camaro.

At this time, take this report to the bank.  No RFQs, no Camaro.

And if the Camaro does get the final go, which I expect, there is little point for the GTO.

EVOK:

With all due respect you skeptics really get obnoxious sometimes. Do you really believe thios car will not go into production??? C'mon!!!!

and besides Luts has said about 20,000 times: GTO is here to stay as the performance flaship for Pontiac.

Edited by Sixty8panther

In second grade I learned a little something about wants vs. needs.

What (I'm sure) GM wants: A nice shiney new Camaro on the showroom floor in 18 months.

What GM needs: A nice shiney new Malibu that can get buyers out of Camrys, Accords and Sonatas.

Why am I more inclined to go with evok? Look above, then listen to some Rolling Stones.

No, you can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

And if you try sometime you find

You get what you need

A Camaro isn't going to cover billions in losses. If they can make a business case for it, cool. If they cant, well at least the diehards go a concept that gave them hope for a couple of years. After all, it'll only be the diehards who remember that the Camaro is not on lots in three months.

I not saying your wrong it's just my prediction  and if its right  great if not so be it. Your welcome to your opinion too and I am not going to argue about it so just leave it at that. Either way it will be interesting to watch.

Evok is not giving you his opinion; he is giving you the facts based upon the best available information. I have been following him and AH-HA for about six years now, and they deserve all of our respect.

EVOK:

With all due respect you skeptics really get obnoxious sometimes. Do you really believe thios car will not go into production??? C'mon!!!!

and besides Luts has said about 20,000 times: GTO is here to stay as the performance flaship for Pontiac.

Evok is not being skeptical; he is being factual. And when did Lutz say that GTO is here to stay? Everything I read indicates that 2006 is the final year.

well... even when the 2004s were selling like buckets of sand in the SAhars he said it's a permanenet addition to the Pontiac lineup

But hey, 2 weeks ago all knowladge of the existance of ANY project/concept car/product plan for the Camaro was denied like Monica's soiled blue dress.

If everyone was this skeptical in the early 1990s the 5th gen Corvette wouldn have never even happened. The Camaro is a car that will be put inot production. Before I saw the concept I was very optimistic for a production car but not holding my breath, at this point I'd almost bet my life on it!

EVOK:

re-read evok said.

- as of today, Jan 10th, 2005 there is NO OFFICAL PLAN to build the Camaro. No necessary approvals, no suppliers lined up etc etc etc. That is FACT. you can't argue with it. (that could change as of Jan 11th)

- then he goes on to say, that he believes that it will get the go ahead (just as do 80%+ of all car enthusiasts believe it will get build)

As for the GTO, I can't recall Lutz making that comment that many times, but then I haven't been paying that close attention.

But I got a funny feeling that GM needs a RWD G8 sedan and a RWD Chevy Belair more than it needs a 2dr GTO.

Don't get ahead of yourself.  I would not be so certain that there WILL be a Camaro.

At this time, take this report to the bank.  No RFQs, no Camaro.

Emphasis added by me. Sixty, you should be friends with razor, you have lots in :rolleyes: common, what with being children who were left behind! :lol:

Emphasis added by me.  Sixty, you should be friends with razor, you have lots in  :rolleyes: common, what with being children who were left behind! :lol:

I put that in intentionally, at least you and a few others saw that.

Croc:

Go take your meds and shut your mouth. I've asked you several times to just leave me the hell alone. Respect my wishes.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook