2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

Derek77

Easy. The new interior looks like a car, and not a truck. :P

I've been told that MANY times too, even by owners of current gen Escalades...and it never made sense to me. Well, unless you naturally associate plainly styled, excessively cheap materials naturally a "truck thing". Years ago, maybe, but not anymore.

The only difference I see is quality vs. junk... :AH-HA_wink:

You'd swear that some people are associating tight trim fits and low gloss, softened touch materials with a lack of durability...which couldn't be father from the truth.

Edited by caddycruiser

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you wondering how bad the base model will suffer from the "cheap blues", here's a couple LS Tahoes with the same trim and wheels the LS Avalanches will have...

Posted Image

Posted Image

At least there isn't a ton of black textured trim pieces and donut-sized 16" wheels anymore :)

Those 'Hoes need some bodyside molding stat. No, I don't mean cladding, I mean rubstrips. I hated the look of the cut-rate TB sans molding and I hate these.

Why does everything have to look slabby like a G35 coupe?

I agree, and those base TB's (and now '06 Tahoe/Suburban LS's) do look completely cheaped out, even just because of the strip being gone.

Compare to this white '06 LS, in which they made side moldings optional, for whatever reason...but it also has a contour line/crease in the sheetmetal there, so it doesn't seem as naked:

Posted Image

I don't think the '07 LS looks bad, per say, but it definately could use a body-color strip on the side...REALLY looks like a stripper model without.

On this LT, the simple molding does actually make a big difference:

Posted Image

Edited by caddycruiser

the new avalnche makes me throw up it is ass ugly IMO, i think the silverado's will look nice (i hope?)

Well, it will at least be interesting to see if IT is any different...since the Avalanche's was said to be, and isn't.

I still really like the front of the Tahoe and Av though, a bit moreso than the GMC.

Then again, this still comes off as snazzier and tougher, at least to me:

Posted Image

I hate cladding too, but this was one vehicle it was actually done right on and served a real function. As a past owner, I LOVED having it there, simply because it made exterior maintenance that much easier, plus was scratch and dent resistant.

Just made it seem like even more of a tough, cool "military" vehicle to me, especially in black 8)

But after seeing a Tahoe in person, the interior and also the exterior quality is so extremely far ahead and advanced over the GMT-800 trucks, I could easily give in to a bit more staid styling to enjoy the rest. The new ones are SO, SO much nicer in most every regard.

Edited by caddycruiser

How does the Tahoe look nice to some people but the Avalanche is ass ugly? The old Avalanche, as cool as it was, with cladding looked only good in darker colors. Pewter, Dark Gray, and Black. Anything else made it look wierd. The claddingless Avalanche looked like a Silverado, and looked a LOT wimpier than the GMT-900 Avalanche. I was dissapointed to see that this thing shares a lot with the Tahoe front end. I hope to God that the Silverado does not and has a different one, but we will see. Its not like the Tahoe has a BAD front end. Geez...people want to rag on every single freaking thing.

The new Avalanche looks great, IMHO...it doesn't have the stupid flat-topped fender openings of the old model or the chessy cladding. It looks clean and refined, with a vastly improved interior...what's not to love? The GMT 900 is such a vastly improved vehicle over the old...

The Avalanche offers two things over the crew cab:

1.  It's built off a Suburban - this is significant because the bed is ATTACHED to the cab, unlike the detached bed of the crew cab.  THis really adds to the ride and drive of the vehicle.

2.  The mid-gate.  This is something that no other manufacturer has and it is awesome, especially now that the rear window will roll down instead of popping out.  You can carry 4x8 sheets of plywood/sheetrock completely covered from the weather, something NO ONE'S crew cab can do.

And it's shorter than the crew cab.

not good... i dont know why they would do that... if the tahoe and sub get the 3/4 ton rating... why not the avalanche...

Tahoe never was a 2500 truck-it and the K-5/K1500 before it were always 1500 1/2-tons. Suburban's always had a 1/2 (1500) and 3/4 (2500)-ton variations, I don't see why it wouldn't continue. I always questioned the need for an Avalanche 2500 anyway-its more a niche model, and the 2500 version probably didn't sell that well, hence its gone.

Tahoe never was a 2500 truck-it and the K-5/K1500 before it were always 1500 1/2-tons. Suburban's always had a 1/2 (1500) and 3/4 (2500)-ton variations, I don't see why it wouldn't continue. I always questioned the need for an Avalanche 2500 anyway-its more a niche model, and the 2500 version probably didn't sell that well, hence its gone.

there were 2500 tahoes...

it was only a year or two, but they did exist...

Posted Image

As a current owner of an Av, uncladded version, I kinda like it.

I would have liked chrome steel bumpers on a black truck again as these tend not to get scarred up by parking lot bumps.

Additionally, the front end lacks the snarl of the current model, it looks a little tame. Trucks should look a little mean from the front.

Finally, what is with the stupid half-color side mirrors. The current model's were bad enough with 1/4 being black plastic, but now we move up to half!

I'll probably still buy one when the deals get attractive in a year or two. I'll just have to spend a little to make it what I want!!!!

As a current owner of an Av, uncladded version, I kinda like it.

I would have liked chrome steel bumpers on a black truck again as these tend not to get scarred up by parking lot bumps.

Additionally, the front end lacks the snarl of the current model, it looks a little tame. Trucks should look a little mean from the front.

Finally, what is with the stupid half-color side mirrors. The current model's were bad enough with 1/4 being black plastic, but now we move up to half!

I'll probably still buy one when the deals get attractive in a year or two. I'll just have to spend a little to make it what I want!!!!

I have to agree with you. Maybe when mine wears out I'll get another one, and as you said make it like I want it.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen any interior (dash board) shots.

I assume its the same as the new Tahoe/Suburban?

To be honest, as a owner of a cladded 04 Av, I don't mind it.

Looks a lot better then the current uncladded versions, while still having an agressive look.

There's interior shots all over the place...and yes, it is identical. The only difference being that the rear seat is very much like the one in the current '02-06 models, as are the headrests, just because of the way everything has to fold down back there.

But beyond that, everything is identical to a new Tahoe inside...from color choices to options.