2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

Derek77

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just saw the spec sheet no rear camera but there is a rear park assit no 6.0 three diff. 5.3 one is alumion block no navigation radio and no power rear window so sad sounds like gm drop the ball on the Av

let me give you what i got in print from GM....

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

Perfomance and Capablity

5.3L OHV V8 320 HP @5300 340 TQ @4000 (might need to be changed to 4200)

6.0L OHV V8 354 HP 375TQ not official yet, VVT Active Fuel Management set up Aluminum Block

Transmission 4speed with tow/haul

G80 Automatic locking differencial

Max Tow weight 2wd/4wd 7200/7100

avalible tow weight 2wd/4wd 8000/7800

Ride and Handling

Electronic Stablity control standard

Coil over front suspension w/ stabalizer bar

rear suspension 5 link coil spring with stabalizer bar and variable rate springs

avalible suspension Autoride real time 4 wheel shock damping with rear load leveling

Steering Rack-and-Pinion

Brakes 4 wheel disc with ABS

Wheels 17's & 20's

Exterior Dimensions

Wheel Base 130 inches

Overal Length 221.3

Overal Width 79.1

Overal Height 76.6

Track, front/rear 68.2/67.0

Intieror (1st row/second row)

max seating capacity 3/3

Head room 41.1/40.0

leg room 41.3/39.1

shoulder room 65.3/65.2

hip room 64.4/62.3

Cargo Box

8'2'' midgate folded

remote locking tail gate

I have all the optional features as well but i dont feel like writting them all down right now...

Umm, rear camera, nav, and pretty much everything available on the Tahoe is available on the Avalanche. I don't know where you got your specs from, but they're incorrect.

your right on the nav radio theres two versions didnt relize there waz a second page but no rear camera yet...... :(

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...e&page=&butID=1

Service Information also shows it in the Avalanche RPO code listing

Also a system description:

Rear Vision Camera System Operation

The rear vision system can help a driver determine how close an object is to the rear bumper within a predefined rearward field of view. The system is composed of a video camera located on the rear liftgate, rear view camera image display module, electrical harness and the image display located on the radio.

The rear view camera image display module receives an active high (12-volt) signal from the body control module (BCM) when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. With the transmission is in the reverse, the rear view camera image display module will supply the camera with a regulated 6-volt power source. The rear view camera image display module also serves to process the video information from the camera and deliver it to the radio. The image from the rear view camera will only be displayed in the radio when the vehicle is in reverse.

The radio can display the following rear vision error messages:

•  Rear Vision Camera System Unavailable--This message may display when the system is not receiving information it requires from other vehicle systems. 

•  Service Rear Vision Camera System--This message may display when the system is not receiving video from the camera. 

WOT Edited by WopOnTour

your right on the nav radio theres two versions didnt relize there waz a second page but no rear camera yet...... :(

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...e&page=&butID=1

again... it'll be avalible on LT2, LT3, and LTZ...

it wont be standard as it isnt on the Tahoe...

According to what we learned at Chevy, the Avalanche will be the fosterchild of E85.... This will be the vehicle that gets major advertising regaurding the E85 capable...

Why is it that critics can slam an auto-company for fit-n-finish, and then let another get away with having a tailgate that closes with the top of it being significantly lower than the upper edge of the box...ala Ridgeline?

This only came up because the Avalanche and Ridgeline have that whole similarity in appearance.

Posted Image

From Automotive.com

Oh boy, don't even get me started on that thing! Was checking this thing out at NAIAS pretty closely since it was truck of the year and all...Horrible cheap looking and cheap materials on the interior, no load or towing capacity to speak of... for a low average price of only $32k!! :rolleyes::blink: And the gas milage isn't even great at 16/21. Why not spend the same amount on a nicely loaded full size extended cap and get more motor, more towing and hauling capability's all for the same milage and price???

Sorry to deviate from the original topic...

Oh boy, don't even get me started on that thing! Was checking this thing out at NAIAS pretty closely since it was truck of the year and all...Horrible cheap looking and cheap materials on the interior, no load or towing capacity to speak of... for a low average price of only $32k!!  :rolleyes:  :blink:  And the gas milage isn't even great at 16/21. Why not spend the same amount on a nicely loaded full size extended cap and get more motor, more towing and hauling capability's all for the same milage and price???

Uhh because its a Honda...duhh. You forget the H factor that multiplies the truck's usefulness, credibility and reliability. I'd much rather have one of those than an Avalanche, which destroys it in every category imagineable...that thing should have won truck of the millenium.

Uhh because its a Honda...duhh. You forget the H factor that multiplies the truck's usefulness, credibility and reliability. I'd much rather have one of those than an Avalanche, which destroys it in every category imagineable...that thing should have won truck of the millenium.

ill put my Avalanche against ridgline if its the dog they say it is lets see it keep up.................................. :o

I came pretty close to buying an Avalanche several times, but they never quite made the right combinations of features available togetherin one package. The Option packages really were terribly restrictive and forced the buyer into huge lists of things unwanted to get one desired option. I hate to see the 2500 go without ever being available without the fugly cladding- that would have been my truck(especially if Duramax/Allison was offered).

Specific gripes:

no Z71 without all sorts of fluff(onstar,leather,etc.)

no plow prep on 1500

no moonroof with plow prep

no Duramax/Allison

no upgraded suspension without Z71 extras

On the upside, A friend of mine runs the service dept. at a local dealership and he was sure that he'd have a nightmare of complaints about mid gate water leaks.

guess what? It never happened, the mid gate is a tight system.

The big problem with the old model is that the MID-GATE leaks when it rains. They tried to fix it in the past years but it hasn't completly stopped the problem. Hopefully, that was one of the things they made better about it.

I've owned 3 Avalanches, none of them have leaked. Looking forward to ordering the 4th next year.

Oh boy, don't even get me started on that thing! Was checking this thing out at NAIAS pretty closely since it was truck of the year and all...Horrible cheap looking and cheap materials on the interior, no load or towing capacity to speak of... for a low average price of only $32k!!  :rolleyes:  :blink:  And the gas milage isn't even great at 16/21. Why not spend the same amount on a nicely loaded full size extended cap and get more motor, more towing and hauling capability's all for the same milage and price???

I completely agree. That interior is absolutely HORRIBLE. Everyone rips on GM trucks, but the newest TOTY looks like crap. Everything about it looks bad. What an ugly truck.

Posted Image

2007 Chevy Avalanche LTZ. General Motors will introduce the all-new 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, the latest rollout of its next-generation full-size truck family and the industry's most flexible utility vehicle, at the Chicago Auto Show next week. When introduced in 2002, the Avalanche created an all-new segment by combining the passenger-comfort attributes of a SUV with the cargo capability of a truck. The all-new 2007 Avalanche builds on that legacy and features more power with improved, segment-leading fuel economy and flex-fuel capability on some models; increased interior refinement; and world-class safety. The Avalanche will go on sale in the second quarter of 2006.

WOW!!!

That's WAY different!!!

I dunno, it's very nice, but the design kinda lost it's edge IMO.

It is nice though! I hope the trucks are ACTUALLY different from the SUVs.

Oh and while I'm in whine mode; what is it with GM and their chrome wheels? The wheels on the late 90's cars were SUPER shiney but tarnished sometimes. And now all of the new chromes might as well be painted because they're so dull.

I love it. The darker color really brings out the chrome accents on the grille. Really classy looking truck.

This is on my shortlist of next vehicle once they put in the 6-speed automatic for the 5300. I would have preferred a power window in the midgate over the current detachable window, though I recognize the benefit of keeping the window in and just folding down the lower portion. As for styling, I think that the new full-size trucks are clean-looking, but border on plain.

Posted Image

Theres the Best I could get at what a red avalanche would look like.

Edited by Ur_pimp

Posted Image

I still think this one looks better with the clear, "Torrent Like" Headlights.

Posted Image

I still think this one looks better with the clear, "Torrent Like" Headlights.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It almost seems as if the GMT900 Avalanche in the C&G pictures has the crossbar through the headlamps which personally, I think they should have kept.

Looks nice and tough...as a truck should. I'm guessing this is pretty much what the next Silverado will look like.

what has been seen of the new silverado... my boss says it does not look a like at all... unfortunatly he said the GMC looked identical to the new silverado

This is on my shortlist of next vehicle once they put in the 6-speed automatic for the 5300.  I would have preferred a power window in the midgate over the current detachable window, though I recognize the benefit of keeping the window in and just folding down the lower portion.  As for styling, I think that the new full-size trucks are clean-looking, but border on plain.

Border on the plain? They're right on the plain! They're bland! They're dull! They have nothing on Ram, Titan, or F-150 (except power), and their interiors from the pictures reflect on their understyled exteriors as well.

thats the chyanee... it was a concept again at LA this year...

I knew what it was when I posted it. My point was that the general shapes and concept were kept into production. In a very happy way, the new trucks/SUV's look better than the concept except for the rims and tires on the Cheyenne. Thanks for the post though...

That is because these rims are not chrome. They are polished aluminum.

Ahhhh... But even the polished aluminums on my cars shine more than those... Hmmm.. I dunno.

I like it, although I'm usually not a fan of conservative.. But on a cash cow like this I can see why Chevy would need to appeal to ALL people...

The only disadvantage to the design IMO is that it might age TOO fast and GM will have to keep on top of it with facelifts... IMO, the Impala, which shares the same new 'clean' Chevrolet look, looks EXCELLENT and aggressive in LTZ/SS form but cheap and dated/not substantial in base form.... I'm just woried that the base models of the new 900's will look the same way.

You can still tell that these are Zarella era GM all the way, eventhough they ARE class leading and VERY nice!

Though unsurprising, it is consistent. It looks great. Figures that it would look like the Tahoe, as it shares more components with the SUVs than with the trucks. This will probably be my next vehicle, even though Id really like a Camaro...is the 6.0L available in this beast? I wonder if the trucks will also share this front end...Im kind of hoping not because then they would ALL look the same. But I guess you cant be too picky...Im glad they look this good.

When the GMT800's came out, they were roundly criticized for being bland and evolutionary of the previous generation's styling. When the mid-cycle update occurred on the Silverado, there was nothing but criticism for the more aggressive front end. Now, GM is back to bland on the trucks. Perhaps GM should have been a little more aggressive with the Avalanche, or maybe the Silverado will be?

Ahhhh... But even the polished aluminums on my cars shine more than those... Hmmm.. I dunno.

I like it, although I'm usually not a fan of conservative.. But on a cash cow like this I can see why Chevy would need to appeal to ALL people...

The only disadvantage to the design IMO is that it might age TOO fast and GM will have to keep on top of it with facelifts... IMO, the Impala, which shares the same new 'clean' Chevrolet look, looks EXCELLENT and aggressive in LTZ/SS form but cheap and dated/not substantial in base form.... I'm just woried that the base models of the new 900's will look the same way.

You can still tell that these are Zarella era GM all the way, eventhough they ARE class leading and VERY nice!

Actually I believe those are the Brushed Aluminum wheels, I saw those same wheels on a new Tahoe at the dealership today and the paperwork said Brushed. The Polished rims were much more shinny than that and of course the Chrome ones just shine like the sun. IMO

This new Avalanche I am sure is well built, but SAD :( that it lost it's edge. This just looks like they took a Tahoe and cut off the back to add a bed. Nothing Special anymore.

GM, you need to be differant for each model, stop this rubber stamping of Auto's. :angry:

Actually I believe those are the Brushed Aluminum wheels, I saw those same wheels on a new Tahoe at the dealership today and the paperwork said Brushed.  The Polished rims were much more shinny than that and of course the Chrome ones just shine like the sun.  IMO

This new Avalanche I am sure is well built, but SAD  :(  that it lost it's edge.  This just looks like they took a Tahoe and cut off the back to add a bed.  Nothing Special anymore.

GM, you need to be differant for each model, stop this rubber stamping of Auto's.  :angry:

OOPS! Thanks dfelt. Brushed is what I meant.

thats the chyanee... it was a concept again at LA this year...

chyanee? do you know how to spell? It's Cheyenne! wow, I don't think you really paid any attention in school

I guess not... I'm an american, we arent supposed to care about indians, we are supposed to take thier land and beg forgiveness with gold... :withstupid:

haha i knew it was spelled wrong i just didnt take the time to look it up

I knew what it was when I posted it.  My point was that the general shapes and concept were kept into production.  In a very happy way, the new trucks/SUV's look better than the concept except for the rims and tires on the Cheyenne.  Thanks for the post though...

i didnt realize the Avalanche was supposed to be based on the Cheyenne concept...

Edited by Newbiewar

Heh...the guys over at the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club all despise this thing. They think it looks like a Ridgeline because the cladding got done away with and it now looks refined. Im really confused at how some people actually prefer the interior of the older models. Cant wait to see one in person.