City Cars v. Country Cars

ocnblu

Some vehicles just have that urban feel. Slick and sophisticated, a person would be downright scared to drive them on a dirt road, much less buy one if you live beyond the suburbs. Other cars, meanwhile, just have that country air about them, they speak plainly to their prospective buyers that they can hold up when the blacktop ends.

Post your city car/country car picks here, if you so desire.

Here's two to get started:

City car: Chevrolet Equinox

Country car: Jeep Liberty

City car: Jeep Grand Cherokee

Suburbia car: Jeep Grand Cherokee

Country car: Jeep Grand Cherokee

In my experience, they work well in any of these environs. It's been my ideal daily driver in any environment this past decade.

My M3 worked great in all 3 also, esp. rural winding, twisty roads. I wouldn't necessarily take in on dirt roads, though. I did drive my Mustang to the top of Pike's Peak, though.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

Depends where you are... I'm talking in broad strokes here, but here goes:

US/Canada

city: Cadillac CTS

Western Europe

city: Fiat 500

Hong Kong (where I'm now)

city: BMW 5-series

city: Toyota Estima

Japan

city: Subaru R2

Australia

city: Ford Falcon

Edited by pow

All of the little penalty boxes currently on the road are Urban.

They'd be scary on an interstate, and all but useless on a gravel road.

Any fullsize pickup would be the opposite side of the coin - though it has its uses in an urban environment.

Edited by Camino LS6

All of the little penalty boxes currntly on the road are Urban.

They'd be scary on an interstate, and all but useless on a gravel road.

Any fullsize pickup would be the opposite side of the coin - though it has its uses in an urban environment.

Oh please, our penalty box spent every day of its life until 4 years ago on gravel roads,and spends lots of time on the highway. And that's an early 90's small car, new one today are much more solid on the highway. The Cobalt I had cruised at 100 effortlessly.

Of course for real dirt trail/off roading yeah small cars, and most cars are useless.

Another car choice I like as a city car is a Crown Vic PI, in dark brown, gray or black, w/ a few scratches and dents. Tinted windows, black steel wheels, push bars on the front bumper. Perfect for driving around a city, wouldn't worry about door dings.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar