Our new toy

zhawk

Thanks, guys. I wish it could be a real GSX but I don't think I could afford one of those. Besides, Tammy (my wife) loves this one and we're having fun with it. Hmmm, this makes 7 cars. Maybe we have a problem here?

Thanks, guys.
I wish it could be a real GSX but I don't think I could afford one of those. Besides, Tammy (my wife) loves this one and we're having fun with it.
Hmmm, this makes 7 cars. Maybe we have a problem here?

[post="238"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Okay, first off clone or not I'd rip my right Kidney out and hand it over for the title to that beast. All I can say is KICKASS!!!

Second, seben cars is still 93 less than my eventual goal . :P but seriously if I include the POS Mazda in my front yard wiht a for sale sign I've got five and still am looking at picking up two while only getting rid of one.

Mute: I love the PUSHROD signature. :) Edited by Sixty8panther

OK, now for some details. The Skylark still has the original Buick 350 engine in it although it was converted from a 2V Carb to 4V.
It has power windows and top, both work excellently.

SO far it has a bench seat with the auto shifter on the column although we found a Buick center console and plan to convert to a floor shifter and front bucket seats.
The interior is black and in good shape.

If you wish you can check out more pics at My Skylark Page

Thanks everyone for the good words.
I have never been into Buicks but you know, this could just change my opinions.

That is freaking amazing man! Oh man I almost creamed! B) How the hell did you get your hands on that thing? It is so beutiful and clean! Clone or not, it's freaking amazing! Man...if the lucerne looked like this.... :o Well...I suppose nothing that good looking will ever come out again... apparently modern means slab-sided and bland.... and we all know who invented bland *cough* camry *cough* :lol: Congrats on the toy, hope you have fun with it.. Do you have insurance on all 7 cars? It must be killer!

We found the car on EBay actually just before we went to Reno for Hot august Nights. It didn't make reserve and didn't sell. While in Nevada we talked and tried to bid on a 67 Camaro Convertible that went way about our price range. Anyway, we talked and decided to see if the Buick was still available when we got back home and it was! So, on a Sunday (after I got off working graveshift) we drove down to Portland to check it out in person and I drove it home (top down of course). It doesn't have the spoiler, we are debating finding a stock on to put on but that can wait. The first thing we really want to do is install a 2004R to get better mileage on long trips. Bowtie Overdrives has one we like. As for insurance, we have 2 of our Camaros (Tammy's 87 IROC and my 99 Z/28), the 99 Silverado, the Metro, and the Skylark with State Farm. The Buick is listed as a collector vehicle and only costs us $8 per month to insure. So our State Farm bill is about $190 per month. The 95 Z/28 and the 67 C-10 are insured through Grundy's Collector Insurance and cost us $254 per YEAR. I will probably transfer the Skylark to Grundys down the road since State Farm has a 3000 mile limit for collector cars and Grundy's doesn't have any limit.