One eighty

It's amazing how fast things can change in the span of three days.

On Tuesday, I was: knee deep in a project for work with what seemed like very little light at the end of the tunnel; the announcement that my company might need to have another round of layoffs this summer due to lack of incoming work; my stocks were getting hammered beyond belief; I was at 45 hours of work for the week even though it was only a Tuesday.

Today: the project went out without a hitch and is probably the most complete drawing set issued of the projects I have been a part of; my company won a project that is twice as big as our largest project we have done to date, laying all employment concerns to rest; my stocks rebounded with the largest gain I have made to date; I made the last payment on the car and can now say I own it instead of the bank.

Safe to say I dodged a few bullets... :duck:

How's life and work for other C&Gers? Are things looking up, or is the economy still dishing out a lot of uncertainty?

Glad to hear things are going well for you!

Still looking for a full time job (or another part time job at least), but the new place is coming along nicely. We moved recently and in the process my girlfriend and I got our own place. It's a much nicer place than Lawrence was. Level driveway too! Oh and the Intrepid hit the 200,000 mile mark a few weeks ago.

Glad to hear things are going well for you!

Still looking for a full time job (or another part time job at least), but the new place is coming along nicely. We moved recently and in the process my girlfriend and I got our own place. It's a much nicer place than Lawrence was. Level driveway too! Oh and the Intrepid hit the 200,000 mile mark a few weeks ago.

I'm looking to get into the home ownership thing in a year or two. I wanted to do it this year to get in on the tax credit, but I couldn't swing both a mortgage payment and school loans being a single guy with only one income. Level driveways are always nice!

Been on alternating cycles of tedious dullness and busy intensity at work. Also doing a lot of the work of an unproductive (employee) coworker that is about to get sacked, I think. Frustrating, but my contract is good until Sept.

My sister has been working from home the last month, we have been getting on each others' nerves lately. She's going out to a client's site in Michigan on Monday, so I'll have the house to myself & the beasties for a week.

Got new glasses this week...been less than two years since I got my previous ones, but they were falling apart. Good to have spring hinges again.

Taking tomorrow off for a long weekend in Denver...going to relax and reconnect w/ friends in the Mile High City.

my stocks... a little mixed, but my silver stock i own is ~155% of what i bought it at, too bad i didn't funnel more $ to it since i bought it. it's price is above what silver is at on the "market" / ounce.

still waiting to hear about a job, to get an interview, with a global company that has a place locally. there were several hundred that applied.

congrats on the upswing 84, hope it doesn't swing the other way too soon.

Got new glasses this week...been less than two years since I got my previous ones, but they were falling apart. Good to have spring hinges again.

Two years ago I went with a pair of full rimless frames to go with the half rimless frames I had but they were too delicate and didn't hold up- still wear them on occasion but those seals that hold the arms the the lenses and the lenses to the bridge got loose... think I'm going to try again this summer with a more expensive pair that will hold up better.