Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

What's your favorite...

While spring is right around the corner, it is still winter...and some of us don't have our older cars out to play yet. That in mind, what is your favorite non-car-related event during the year?

Mine is coming up next Saturday, February 25. The church I attend in Batavia IL is hosting its Annual Spaghetti Dinner. It has done so ever since I can remember, even back in the late 1970s when my grandfather was the pastor. When I started attending the church in the early 1990s, I was surprised to find that they were still hosting the dinner. It's a wonderful event that brings out church members and community/area residents for an evening of delicious spaghetti, fine desserts and wonderful fellowships. I look forward to it every year ... and I just about cannot wait until next weekend!

So...how about you? What do you look forward to that does not involve cars?

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

"I know there’s so much more to life" ... Vonda Shepard ... 'Searchin' My Soul'

something NOT involving cars? :huh:

*crickets chirping*

All joking aside I can't wait to go camping again. Sofia will enjoy it more next summer than last. She's getting so big now.

I have been friends with three other women since public school. Every year we take a "chicks only" vacation to someplace warm and tropical. This year its 10 days in Puta Cana. But actually, it doesn't matter where - its been proven its the"who" that i look forward to every year!

A close second is 2 weeks at my parents cottage every year. Both my sisters, my brother, their husbands (and bro's girlfriend), all my nieces and nephew, my parents, and my daughters really have a blast!

Warped Tour is fun, except there are a lot of really ugly smelly people there...

Fourth of July is always fun...Carmelfest is amazing

Really, though, the best thing is spending lazy summer days and nights with friends throwing dinner parties for ourselves and enjoying cocktails in the backyard. I can't wait to do that this summer...

Depending who is playing Ozzfest at Alpine Valley is something I look forward to. Other than that I dont really get into that much. I am kind of a solitary person. Anytime I can be by myself and not have to deal with other people(Including parents)is a wonderful thing for me. I know it sounds weird but thats me.

This year its 10 days in Puta Cana. 

That sounds like a swear word in Spanish. :blink:

I'm pretty sure a Crazy Spanish Speaking lady yelled that at me once after she almost rear ended me wiht her '88 Corolla with 18" rims and chrome rocker panel modlings.

:pbjtime:

I usually look forward to a rock concert or two every year. Last year it was a Def Leppard/Bryan Adams doubleheader at a minor league ballpark in Brooklyn, followed by Aerosmith in November (I never get tired of seeing them).

I also love travelling, especially if it involves an airplane. Not sure where I want to go this year. I may do a couple of smaller, closer to home trips this year, since the IRS wasn't as generous with my refund as they have been in the past. I'd like to do the all-GM Nats, maybe the Woodward Dream Cruise, and of course the Corvette museum.

Travel... even just the weekend getaways w/ my g/f or w/ friends.

Drive 100-150 miles and it's a totally different environment (Breckenridge, Vail, Aspen, etc). A weekend in the mountains is so relaxing. Or a 3-day weekend down in Phoenix or LA.

I love the 1-2 week trips to Europe every couple of years, but they are exhausting. I'll probably take a few days and go up to Oregon and Washington this summer and explore some more.

I love going to concerts also...last year was a good year--saw U2 6 times, Green Day, Foo Fighters. Going to go see David Gilmour in April.

*raises eyebrow*

Somehow, I can't picture seeing this 2 artists on the same night at the same place.....  BUT, then again, sounds like a great show!!!!

Yeah, it does seem like an odd pairing, but it would be fun.. I'm not much of a Bryan Adams fan, but I love Def Leppard...partay like it's 1985.. :)

Yeah, it does seem like an odd pairing, but it would be fun.. I'm not much of a Bryan Adams fan, but I love Def Leppard...partay like it's 1985.. :)

He he he....BA has some great songs, imho ... and also some, well, "boring", ones, too...

As for DL ... can you say "Pour Some Sugar On Me" ??? ;)

He he he....BA has some great songs, imho ... and also some, well, "boring", ones, too...

As for DL ... can you say "Pour Some Sugar On Me" ??? ;)

We had a karaoke machine at my company's Festivus party last year...among other songs, I sang 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' in a William Shatner style...(I'd had a few shots of Jaegermiester). Eventually a friend took the microphone away from me.. :(

We had a karaoke machine at my company's Festivus party last year...among other songs, I sang 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' in a William Shatner style...(I'd had a few shots of Jaegermiester).    Eventually a friend took the microphone away from me.. :(

*raises eyebrow curiously*

Oh my ... this is a visual that I cannot tell if it is good or bad ... he he he. Dare I ask if you have any video or pictures of this wonderful event? ;)

And, 2005 Equinox ... maybe someday I will!

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"What happened next is hard to tell" ... Ray Stevens ... 'Mississippi Squirrel Revival'