Sign in to follow this  
njtex

GTI Un-Pimp My Ride Commercial

36 posts in this topic

Pretty sure I saw the one you're talking about. While riced-out cars like that annoy me, that commercial annoyed me more. It was just.... ugh. Good commercial idea in general, annoying execution.

I still think the "Fast" ads are stuuupid.... but these UNpimp My Ride spots are awsome!!!

The best part is that a Mitsubishi & Honda got destroyed. :metal:

Although the third car should have been a Toyota Matrix or Corolla or perhaps a Tiburon not a Ford Focus. The German Engineer cracks me up, this guy needs a REAL show where he can make fun of riceboys at the track.

Although the third car should have been a Toyota Matrix or Corolla or perhaps a Tiburon not a Ford Focus. The German Engineer cracks me up, this guy needs a REAL show where he can make fun of riceboys at the track.

I think the Ford had the best overall demolition, it got completely crushed, not just smacked around. The others should have been a Chevy Cavalier and a Dodge Neon, naturally 8) I see those riced out more often now than Civics (or maybe the Civics are so common they blend in :blink: )

These ads are hilarious and brilliant. This is the VW I know and love. Now I really, really want one!

See... That's what I've been saying all along. The Cobalt SS needed ads showing it trashing ricers.

except now that would be a copycat ad... :AH-HA_wink:

See... That's what I've been saying all along. The Cobalt SS needed ads showing it trashing ricers.

Cobalt SS seems pretty ricey to me...

Posted Image

And anyway, the Golf GTI is the original hot hatch that started it all.

The wing is ricey, that's about it.

The new Ford Fusion ad with the guy in the self-checkout lane at the supermarket is pretty funny, too. "Wart, wart, wart."

Yeah, I 've seen the catapulted Civic ad, and I believe it's great. Looks like VW still has some of its spunk.

Commercials are amusing the first time you see them.

It's not going to save Volkswagen in the U.S. though. Their product is overpriced, and their unreliability has caught up with them. They can't make a name for themselves with gimmicky, youth oriented marketing like the did in the 1990's. The American people won't be fooled again.

Commercials are amusing the first time you see them. 

It's not going to save Volkswagen in the U.S. though.  Their product is overpriced, and their unreliability has caught up with them.  They can't make a name for themselves with gimmicky, youth oriented marketing like the did in the 1990's.  The American people won't be fooled again.

Time will tell

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this