Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2007 Toyota Camry Finally Out...

Moto_08

THE 2007 CAMRY. WHEN A CAR BECOMES MORE (UNAPPEALING, BLAND, INEXPENSIVE TO BUILD...)

Really, Toyota's tagline for this car is horible just like this pile of crap. I really don't like Camry's... it has nothing to do with who built it. I just don't see why they sell EXCEPT for a reputation for build quality which used to be well earned.

The SE model without the grill insert looks like a toothless grin.  What an ugly car.

Agreed, they look hideous. The models with the grille are a little more classier looking, but still nothing I would want to look at.

Anybody notice how if you want to look at models, prices, or specs, you have to open a PDF document? I don't know about everyone else's computer, but I get annoyed opening PDF's everytime because you have to sit there and wait for Adobe Acrobat to load. I'd rather have info quick and instantly on a normal HTML page. I'm guessing it's because they haven't finished the Camry page since all the other cars don't have PDF files.

Anybody notice how if you want to look at models, prices, or specs, you have to open a PDF document?  I don't know about everyone else's computer, but I get annoyed opening PDF's everytime because you have to sit there and wait for Adobe Acrobat to load.  I'd rather have info quick and instantly on a normal HTML page.  I'm guessing it's because they haven't finished the Camry page since all the other cars don't have PDF files.

Wow, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I am not too pleased with the layout of everything, and I'm surprised there are, only a whopping 5 photos of the interior.

I like the "race-inspired SE." I guess if Pontiac can throw assloads of cladding on its cars, Toyota can too

But Pontiac can't; they'll get trashed....

Oh, wait... Double standards... RIGHT.

I forgot that Pontiac ALSO can't make one of those edgy new UGLY SUVs and have it 'kudo-ed' about and voted one of the coolest gay rides of 2006 either.

Oh, and... They also can't employ red gauges, only Lexus can do that. Nor can they employ new technology....

The Camry is as UGLY as a whale, just like all the new Toyexus cars.

Wow.... I had no idea there was plans to make a Scion midsize Sedan.

But seriously the Pig-snout is hideous. Toyota makes all these ugly cars but by placing the emblem in a retarded location they think they're spicing up the design I take it?

But Pontiac can't; they'll get trashed....

Oh, wait... Double standards... RIGHT.

I forgot that Pontiac ALSO can't make one of those edgy new UGLY SUVs and have it 'kudo-ed' about and voted one of the coolest gay rides of 2006 either.

Oh, and... They also can't employ red gauges, only Lexus can do that. Nor can they employ new technology....

The Camry is as UGLY as a whale, just like all the new Toyexus cars.

Pontiac and new technology? Maybe I missed something...

Pontiac and new technology?  Maybe I missed something...

Pontiac doesn't need "new" technology to kick Toyota's @$$, the pushrod powered GTO does a damn good job already. :)

Pontiac and new technology?  Maybe I missed something...

IIRC, they were the among the first ones with HUD, if not the first. Not to mention the fact that they've been doing 240hp midsizers long before anyone else.

The GTO is a nice car, but it's dead soon.

So is the curent gen. Camry... by your definition. The GTO's getting overhauled and redesigned. Check the other threads. It's only dead like the Camaro was there for a few years. The enthusiasts know the new one is just around the corner.

The point is that Pontiac, wiht or without cladding has something Toyota's not had in years: excciting product. And I'm not talking pocket-protector and scientific calculator exciting like the underwhelming Prius, I mean GTO, Solstice & a couple of sleek sedans.

So is the curent gen. Camry... by your definition. The GTO's getting overhauled and redesigned. Check the other threads. It's only dead like the Camaro was there for a few years. The enthusiasts know the new one is just around the corner.

The point is that Pontiac, wiht or without cladding has something Toyota's not had in years: excciting product. And I'm not talking pocket-protector and scientific calculator exciting like the underwhelming Prius, I mean GTO, Solstice & a couple of sleek sedans.

I don't see ANY "sleek" sedans in Pontiac's lineup.......just a tacky and trashy Grand Prix and a G6 that is actually quite attractive....but hardly exciting......

I'd rather have the "bland" yet attractive Camry V6 over the Grand Prix any day.....ESPECIALLY with the Camry's interior......

In fact I'd take an Impala OR a LaCrosse any day over GP......

Edited by The O.C.

Huh? Up until the Solstice and GTO, I haven’t been excited about a Pontiac in ??? years.

The Solstice doesn’t count cause it hasn’t been around for years. The GTO, while a great performer, was pretty bland looking. And The Grand Prix’s/Grand Am’s weren’t anything to write home about, performance or looks wise. Frankly, I like the look of the new gen Camry (with the grill) better than that of the current GP.

Say waht you will about the 1998-2005 Grand Am but I think it was a much better "sport sedan" value than most Japanese competitors. All it lacked (I'll leave RWD out of this) was a manual trans or at least a paddle shift feature.

My parent's 2001 GA/GT is a great car and I highly recomended it to them when I was selling cars at Bill DeLuca. It's got tons of torque and great ergonomics, I even like the Breasteses on top of the dashboard. :)

Now prior ot the Solstice and GTO Ppontiac had a car called the Firebird/TRans Am... it had near-Corvette like performance, Gobs of horsepower & torque not to mention a phoenomenal suspension.

The Trans Am was more exciting than even the Supra TT if you ask me... it Ooozed excitement.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Say waht you will about the 1998-2005 Grand Am but I think it was a much better "sport sedan" value than most Japanese competitors. All it lacked (I'll leave RWD out of this) was a manual trans or at least a paddle shift feature.

My parent's 2001 GA/GT is a great car and I highly recomended it to them when I was selling cars at Bill DeLuca. It's got tons of torque and great ergonomics, I even like the Breasteses on top of the dashboard. :)

Now prior ot the Solstice and GTO Ppontiac had a car called the Firebird/TRans Am... it had near-Corvette like performance, Gobs of horsepower & torque not to mention a phoenomenal suspension.

The Trans Am was more exciting than even the Supra TT if you ask me... it Ooozed excitement.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

True, but import owners write it off as a "white trash, redneck, rattle bucket, fill in the blank" car. As far as technolgy, don't forget the space frame construction and and plant that built the Fiero which was ahead of most cars in it's time. People can't associate GM with technology, to them it is always low tech or yester year with GM.

True, but import owners write it off as a "white trash, redneck, rattle bucket, fill in the blank" car. As far as technolgy, don't forget the space frame construction and and plant that built the Fiero which was ahead of most cars in it's time. People can't associate GM with technology, to them it is always low tech or yester year with GM.

You guys resent the fact that a lot of import owners associate those cars with white trash in the same way a lot of GM owners associate Civic's and the like with "rice".

I personally don't associate those firebirds with white trash, but I still think they're pretty hideous, at least the pictures posted above. The newest Camaro's are nice looking (with the new style headlights) IMO.

As much as I find Toyota the most boring manufacturer, their Supra was a very nice car, definately not boring. The Trans Am's are a dime a dozen.

The Trans Am's are a dime a dozen.

Performance for the masses. It's a good thing, not bad. 8)

Performance for the masses. It's a good thing, not bad. 8)

It is a good thing, but I'm just saying, rarer cars are generally more exciting. Doing an autotrader search for all 1993-2002 trans ams and firebirds (worldwide) turned up 3362 matches, where-as a worldwide search for all 1993-1998 supras only turned up 141. I do find Supra's more exciting, since I rarely see them on the road, and they almost look exotic. Of course that doesn't mean you need to find them more exciting, they are still just a Toyota (with misaligned body panels and everything). I wouldn't want one, although at one point in my life I did consider both vehicles (firebird and supra).

Wow its um...a Camry...uh...I dunno. Do people actually care when these things get redesigned.

No, hense the reason we're talking about firebirds and supras :lol:

And The Grand Am’s weren’t anything to write home about, performance or looks wise. 

You have no taste... And obviously need to compare the performance of the 99 GAGT to the performance of other midsizers for 99. And with the 97-03 Grand Prix (the current one is ugly), You really have no taste and the performance... again, find me a midsizer in 97 with equal or better performance.

Yes, the Fiero. Remember it, people. It was great. You know it. You can't deny it. You're jealous. :P

I personally don't associate those firebirds with white trash, but I still think they're pretty hideous, at least the pictures posted above. The newest Camaro's are nice looking (with the new style headlights) IMO.

The Trans Am's are a dime a dozen.

You have no taste either. :D