Blake Noble

Is it just me ...

39 posts in this topic

Or have we all come down with a case of Fall Blues?

Yes, this includes:

-Bickering about the Aveo vs. the Fiesta

-Bickering about a rwd Buick vs. a rwd Cadillac

-Bickering about a rwd Cadillac in general

-Finding some small comment to bicker about regarding all three subjects or some other subject

We might as well dust off a thread about Pontiac or Zeta and start bickering about that while we're at it, just to come around full circle.

No, this isn't about who is/isn't guilty. That's not the point here.

Yeah, I know that Fall means the immanent approach of Winter, but I think we can do better than this.

Edited by whiteknight
  • Upvote 1

fall / winter does depress me, but the economic mess bothers me even more. Tired of it.

That's ok though, election day will rectify a lot of it.

So I am not sure one can have fall blues if election day comes in fall!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

fall / winter does depress me, but the economic mess bothers me even more. Tired of it.

That's ok though, election day will rectify a lot of it.

So I am not sure one can have fall blues if election day comes in fall!

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH

• Upvote 2

Maybe it's because there isn't a lot of interesting new product from GM coming out this fall..

I'm really looking forward to fall--the idea of days where the high is consistently under 100 degrees for the first time since May is very appealing.

• Upvote 1

Eh, maybe we're all old farts now!

If we start talking about bowel movements, it might be time to move on....smilewide.gif

How about colonoscopies? Those are not fun...had my first one a couple weeks ago. Preparing for one is the hard part, actually.

:toiletpaper:

Actually, I'm feeling pretty upbeat.

Surprisingly enough, this is one fall where I'm feeling actually positive about things myself.

In years past, fall, especially the period of time in late October/early November after my birthday, didn't treat me all that well. Winter used to be just as bad.

EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009-pontiac-g3-wave-excitement-has-left-the-building.jpg

Not just EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but a five-foot high Wave of it.

Edited by whiteknight

Yes, this includes:

-Finding some small comment to bicker about regarding all three subjects or some other subject

I think the optimism is starting to wear off for a lot of us. (me, certainly)

Being a GM fan ain't easy at all. And now that we're beginning to realize New GM is the same old $h! as old GM (and even worse, like old, old GM. Not even as good as Lutz era GM) it sucks

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. It just seems like GM is reverting to a "business as usual" but with some Toyota influence. Not really the great, sweeping return to glory we hoped for.

Being a GM fan ain't easy at all. And now that we're beginning to realize New GM is the same old $h! as old GM (and even worse, like old, old GM. Not even as good as Lutz era GM) it sucks

The middle management was one of the major hold backs for the old GM - pencil pushers, negative nannies, bean counters, turf protectors to name a few.

Seems like Big Ed only cleaned up the upper house and let the middle deck in, which is now rearing its ugly head up. However, we can't blame him either for not being able to do that, because doing so would be extreme micromanagement and consuming huge time resource, a resource he did not have.

Lutz bunted those people, but with no one like Lutz in the playing field, they are having a field day again.

It's just very sad that GM, once such a multi-faceted and innovative company, can't even get the basics right anymore.

With this new birth, those of us who truly knew what GM was, swallowed our pride about abandoned divisions, models and visions in hopes that a newly energized business plan would finally give us something to be proud of.

GM was built on bold business moves, moving design and great innovation. New GM seems to be built on a poorly executed Toyota business plan with a visionary scope that should be targeted by a company the size of Honda. It's just another golden opportunity; squandered...

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

It's just very sad that GM, once such a multi-faceted and innovative company, can't even get the basics right anymore.

With this new birth, those of us who truly knew what GM was, swallowed our pride about abandoned divisions, models and visions in hopes that a newly energized business plan would finally give us something to be proud of.

GM was built on bold business moves, moving design and great innovation. New GM seems to be built on a poorly executed Toyota business plan with a visionary scope that should be targeted by a company the size of Honda. It's just another golden opportunity; squandered...

At least they're making money now. Isn't that all that matters?

Yes, this includes:

We might as well dust off a thread about Pontiac or Zeta and start bickering about that while we're at it, just to come around full circle.

No, this isn't about who is/isn't guilty. That's not the point here.

Yeah, I know that Fall means the immanent approach of Winter, but I think we can do better than this.

WELL PUT! I'm glad someone else caught on to that and not just me. Complaining about GM and praising Ford, even if the GM product is better, seems to be in at the moment.

It took 5 years before the negative effects of Roger Smith were noticed throughout the company. It will take atleast as many years for the positive or negative effects of this new team to be felt. Remember when Lutz first showed up and every one complained about the new (at the time) Buick LaCrosse (2005). His work did not show up at Buick until 2008 with the Enclave and though a new Malibu was introduced in his first years (2005), the changes he made did not show up until the 2008 model year.

Don't forget, some of the products so many around here love had been conceived and designed during GMs darkest days.

I'm not saying these guys are perfect and will make GM the worlds best automotive company that all of us fans dream about, but I am saying that we really don't know what is happening behind closed doors right now that could make the company that way.

Eh, maybe we're all old farts now!

If we start talking about bowel movements, it might be time to move on....smilewide.gif

Didn't Flybrian say that Lincoln was like...

At least they're making money now. Isn't that all that matters?

LOL... Good one.

It's not that hard to make money when you slice your existing empire in half and conveniently forget about enough debt to sink the titanic.

GM hasn't even been out of bankruptcy for three months. They haven't even issued their IPO, and people are already saying that the new GM is like the old GM. Either some people have no patience whatsoever, or they're the epitome of fairweather fans.

Give them time...what's really going to be interesting is how GM's situation (business, products, sales) looks in 3-5 years.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

LOL... Good one.

It's not that hard to make money when you slice your existing empire in half, thereby aligning yourself to meet actual consumer demand and focusing your resources on one car rather than overproducing multiple version of the same basic car, having to spread your resources out to build those multiple versions, overcapacity, bloating inventory, and driving up incentives, which eat away at profits.

Fixed.

Being a GM fan ain't easy at all.

Amen.

It's like being a Chicago Cubs fan. They CLAIM to have a new owner (they don't) and they still are sponsored by Ch#$r%*et. You can't have a winning team when you start with that combination.

With a few minor exceptions, the Camaro being one (though I can't afford it), I'm not all that excited about GM vehicles, which is very frustrating. On the one hand, it's good ... since I don't need/want a new car. Yet, on the other hand, it's sad because if I DID want/need a new car (which I kinda do), I wouldn't have anything to get....

*shrugs*

I'd love fall if winter (salt/cold/ice) didn't follow so closely behind it...lol. I love snow, just hate the cold and ice and salt that has to come with it.....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Rt 66+northwestUS, 2011?

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It hurts to feel like such a fool" ... Dan Seals ... 'Addicted'

With a few minor exceptions, the Camaro being one (though I can't afford it), I'm not all that excited about GM vehicles, which is very frustrating. On the one hand, it's good ... since I don't need/want a new car. Yet, on the other hand, it's sad because if I DID want/need a new car (which I kinda do), I wouldn't have anything to get....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Rt 66+northwestUS, 2011?

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It hurts to feel like such a fool" ... Dan Seals ... 'Addicted'

I agree with you just so much....

And the new Camaro is cool, visually the car is a ten...but my wife complains about visibility in the car, which is a legit complaint...so it's doubtful one will grace my drive way...

I'd love fall if winter (salt/cold/ice) didn't follow so closely behind it...lol. I love snow, just hate the cold and ice and salt that has to come with it.....

For fall, I'm looking forward to the end of the triple digit highs...looks like it won't be until after Oct 1 until the highers are down to a balmy 99 or less consistently again...woo hoo...

There is a reason I don't live in Arizona....methinks Ohio is just fine.

In another lifetime, or a parallel universe, I'd like a house in Palm Springs though, I think

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.