NYIAS G6 GXP Concept Poll

Is the G6 GXP Concept a hit or miss?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is the G6 GXP Concept a hit or miss?

• Hit
    • Miss

Grill - no

Spoiler - no

Engine - YES

Ground Effects - YES

- the only reason I did not buy a G6 GTP for my wife is because it did not look any different than the GT, and my wife is perfectly happy with the power of the 3.5. If it looked different, I probably would have gone for the GTP, but not with the droopy grill and ghey spoiler.

I definitley like everything about it except the spoiler, it should be downsized because it looks to big. I like the grill and hood scoops because they kind of look more masculine. Pontiac has always been kind of tacky with its plastic moldings and dramatic exterior scoops/intakes, but I guess I'm just into stuff people consider tacky and I think this concept looks much better than a standard G6, so I say it's a hit.

as pointed out there is too much of it that is exaggerated, overall not flowing with the rest of the G6's aggressively demure overall shape. This adds spice, but in the wrong ways

grille no

spoiler no

ground effects/fascias yes

engine yes

interior needs serious reworking before this car will ever be taken seriously against honda and mazda

I definitley like everything about it except the spoiler, it should be downsized because it looks to big.  I like the grill and hood scoops because they kind of look more masculine.  Pontiac has always been kind of tacky with its plastic moldings and dramatic exterior scoops/intakes, but I guess I'm just into stuff people consider tacky and I think this concept looks much better than a standard G6, so I say it's a hit.

American Muscle , is that your Trans Am in the photo? 72 or 73?

I would have to see it in person but I have found if your under 30 years of age and like import most like the car. They love the spoiler and think it looks like some offerings from Japan.

As for me I have seen much worse from Japan and Korea before.

But it's not a Alfa Romeo 8C. That new Alfa shows what can still be done with some taste.

I love this pic I found of the G6 GXP!

Posted Image

Wow. Great job GM, you made the G6 look worse. It looks like it has buck teeth. Make the grille wider not taller, you know, so it gives the illusion that the car is wider, and not taller, like sporty/performance cars should be.

I was at the NY auto show this morning. The car doesn't look any better in person than it does in the pictures. Behind it was a bright blue G6 Convertible. That is the car that surprised me by how good it looked. The Convertible looks better in person than in he pictures we have seen online.