Hey GM

After reading about the "new" chevy cruze one last time. I thought I'd buy the ION a new set of wheels and keep it a few more years. Maybe you'll start building compact cars people want down the road, and maybe I'll buy one ... As of now, not a chance in Hlsinki.

ION-3-W319.jpg

After reading about the "new" chevy cruze one last time. I thought I'd buy the ION a new set of wheels and keep it a few more years. Maybe you'll start building compact cars people want down the road, and maybe I'll buy one ... As of now, not a chance in Hlsinki.

ION-3-W319.jpg

What don't you like about the Cruze?? I personally find it to be the most upscale-looking of all the compacts, along with having a great availability of features/equipment and cargo space.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

What don't you like about the Cruze?? I personally find it to be the most upscale-looking of all the compacts, along with having a great availability of features/equipment and cargo space.

Agreed. It's really grown on me, especially after using one for a few days.

Honestly, I liked it instantly. It may not set the design world afire, but the sheer number of features available, plus standard equipment, plus quality of interior materials, plus space, plus fuel economy...I mean damn the Cruze is truly world-class, and top of its class. Especially compared to the Cobalt and Cavalier. I cannot WAIT to see the Verano because psychologically I know the Buick will be "better" and I really want to know what GM is going to do to improve upon the Cruze given that the Verano logically will cost more than a Cruze, but less than a LaCrosse or Regal. I'm really waiting for that one!!

• Agree 2

Verano looks nice in person, but still the front 1/4 window is kind of a dealbreaker for me.

Unfortunately, the two they had on display at NYIAS were locked.

Honestly, I liked it instantly. It may not set the design world afire, but the sheer number of features available, plus standard equipment, plus quality of interior materials, plus space, plus fuel economy...I mean damn the Cruze is truly world-class, and top of its class. Especially compared to the Cobalt and Cavalier. I cannot WAIT to see the Verano because psychologically I know the Buick will be "better" and I really want to know what GM is going to do to improve upon the Cruze given that the Verano logically will cost more than a Cruze, but less than a LaCrosse or Regal. I'm really waiting for that one!!

I too am looking forward to the Verano's appearance on the dealer's lots. The wife is a Buick fan, wanting a new LaCrosse, wishing for an Enclave, and was just introduced to the Verano at the NYIAS on Friday (however, she can't seem to like the Regal though). She's not 100% on the Verano yet, but I can tell she likes it because she's brought it up several times in conversation since Friday.

post-418-0-07848900-1303841417.jpg

I'm looking forward to the Verano. I know my next daily driver needs to be a 4cyl and be smaller with fuel prices going up and probably having a project car on the side, I'm going to need something thrifty at the pump to support my car habit. The Cruze is very attractive, but for not much more than a loaded 2LT or LTZ Cruze you can get the Verano which has got more power and benefits from being classier. I'm certainly going to have my pick for sure of some great models coming out in the next while for sure.

The powertrain is the deal breaker. For my daily go to work car ... a HUGE deal breaker. The CRUZE proves looks are only skin deep. I'll keep my ugly red headed stepchild.

ION-3-W315.jpg

Edited by RjION

My first question is how the hell do you keep it so damned clean?

Each winter kills my Malibu a bit haha

Mike ............. it's easy. I moved out of the rustbelt, and the heat fries most things with wings that get stuck on the front of the car.

ION-3-W317.jpg

That ION is showroom clean.

but... dust?

Must keep it waxed and in the shade..doesn't have the usual AZ paint oxidation. I saw a black Maxima today that couldn't have been over 5 years old or so and the roof, hood, and decklid were mostly gray/white...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

but... dust?

Must keep it waxed and in the shade..doesn't have the usual AZ paint oxidation. I saw a black Maxima today that couldn't have been over 5 years old or so and the roof, hood, and decklid were mostly gray/white...

Sits in the sun all day at work in the garage once home .... hummmm notice just one thing, it's not black, and I NEVER put wax on cars.

but... dust?

Sits in the sun all day at work in the garage once home .... hummmm notice just one thing, it's not black, and I NEVER put wax on cars.

I've seen oxidized white cars here also...

Polymer panels go a long way toward keeping that brand new look too. I see early 90's S-Series all the time with perfect panels (and sad looking hood, roof, and trunklids, which were metal). Not always of course, a number of them have gotten clear coat issues, but the lack of rusts & dents is a wonderful thing.

I take the Cruz over the dorky looking Ion any day. Even though it is under powered. Too bad they do not offer a SS version with the Supercharged or Turbo Charged 4 banger. It would kick everyones butts around town. :P

• 2 weeks later...

The 2011 version of preserving a Vega.

It's called taking care of what you have .... and not bitching because you don't.

By the way I had a 72 Vega wagon. Dropped a small block in it with a turbo 350 and 10 bolt rear end, and it was still junk.

Edited by RjION

• 4 weeks later...

Drove another CRUZE today .... friend just got one for his wife, stopped over to show it off. We both had a laugh when we went for a ride and the 02-03 2.2L Cavalier blew us away as we headed up 347.