Washed, clayed, and iced: New GTO pics

Today was a nice day so I decided I'd wash, clay bar, and wax the GTO with a new ICE product from Turtle Wax. The clay bar works wonders (I've used it before on our old LSS and it did wonders to it's paint), and the Ice worked really well. It's basically a wax, but it's clear and you just apply it, let it sit for 5 minutes, wipe the area and then buff the area, and it looks great. It's much easier than your traditional paste wax and looks just as good; we'll see how it holds up (it claims it lasts for 3-4 months). The sun was making it so damn shiny I had to wear sunglasses because my eyes weren't liking the bright light too much.

Oh, if you can guess the license plates you get bonus points (not sure what they're for though :lol: ). If you know what my last name is you can probably figure it out.

Anyways, enough with the rambling, here are the pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyone else thinks the 06 taillights would look GREAT along with a spoiler-delete?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks good but it's kind of hard to see the extent of the results on cars with light paint.

Definitely go for the '06 tails. :)

The spoiler... If you asked me maybe a month or two ago, I would've said it's fine without one. But since then, I think it actually accents the rear nicely and it's pretty tasteful.

I feel spoiler take the blandness out of a lot of rear ends (and sometimes whole cars).

Meh, it's alright. It would look much better in my driveway, though :AH-HA_wink: :P

The exclusivity that comes with owning the current GTO is tempting in itself. 8)

I hate driving a car that everyone and their mother already has, so I'll likely be considering a used Goat for my next car depending on insurance. Looks great, by the way. I'm all for the '06 tails and spoiler delete. What about a tasteful lip spoiler to replace it?

Umm, how about the old taillights if I get 06's?  :P

Sweet, I'll keep them around for when I get my used 2000-2001 Catera Sport...

EDIT: Doesn't look like they would be swappable...oh well.

Edited by Croc

Sooooo hot, soooo hot.... want to do a burnout. :)

Sooooo hot, soooo hot.... want to do a burnout. :)

I've done some pretty sweet smokeshows doing donuts, but I can't do them anymore unless I find some old crappy tires that fit as I can't afford to be burning through new tires every couple months :lol:

Dude, here in Mass a local junkyard sells steel wheels with tires for $5 a pop every last sat. of the month. I've bought steel wheels with 80%

tread remaining before, just bring a four-way and take em off some

junked Delta 88 or Caprice and you're good to go.

Figure out your bolt pattern and go to a local junkyard. :)

they changed the taillights for 06? ill hafta check them out then...

i still dont get how people say its bland...i mean sure theres no crazy brake vent or ram air... but its so stylish in a subtle way... like the currenty gen montes but tone down a little more... oh wow that analogy just made me realized why i like this GTO so much... haha but seriously... the car flows so well and just looks sooo good...

although i must agree that the light paint color minimizes the effect of the shine... i mean it still looks good... but when you said you were blinded by the reflection... well i have a black car so i can identify with that all too well haha... im getting my car cleaned tomorrow... maybe ill put some pics up...

Yeah, the taillights are black with just the parts that light up having color.

IMO, they look best on black and silver. I've seen them on a blue Goat and I didn't think it looked too good. Red looks decent, but I don't really perfer red or black tails on them... they're about the same IMO. They also look pretty good on yellow.

Those lights look great as is, but the '06s wouldn't be bad.

And KEEP the spoiler, because it's one of the very minor things that help out the "big Cavalier" image, at least a little...in a good way, that is. They're a bit too bland without.

i still dont get how people say its bland...i mean sure theres no crazy brake vent or ram air... but its so stylish in a subtle way... like the currenty gen montes but tone down a little more... oh wow that analogy just made me realized why i like this GTO so much... haha but seriously... the car flows so well and just looks sooo good...

You know, that's the funny thing.

For all those people complaining about how the GTO looks too bland and boring Pontiac does (or at least they did) offer an optional body kit to "spice it up" a bit:

Posted Image

http://www.pontiac.com/gto/contextualpages...pageSection=ex5

And you know, to this day, I have not a seen a single GTO on the road or internet with this kit.

So I guess the stock look is just fine after all. :P

Yeah, it looks really good on black and I've seen a few on silver that look good. Red looks good as well.

The problem is that it's rediculously expensive and the side skirts, spoiler, and rear make it look worse, IMO (I might get the rear if I get some dual exit exhausts).

• 2 weeks later...

For all those people complaining about how the GTO looks too bland and boring Pontiac does (or at least they did) offer an optional body kit to "spice it up" a bit:

Posted Image

And you know, to this day, I have not a seen a single GTO on the road  or internet with this kit.

I've seen two, one in that ugly greyish-blue color, and another one in red. It looked pretty fetching in red, but I can't say I much care for the rear end treatment at all. I'd rather just get the fascia, grilles, and the rockers and leave the spoiler, back bumper and exhaust just the way they are.

The grilles are awesome though, I wish they were standard.

Edited by Turbojett

Posted Image

And you know, to this day, I have not a seen a single GTO on the road  or internet with this kit.

My cousin just bought an '06 GTO in black fully loaded with this appearance package. :drool: