Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Lucerne is a hit!

buickguy

GM says Lucerne sales for March were 91% non-fleet.  Car is outselling Park Avenue and LeSabre.

That's great to hear. Now, once they add a more powerful base engine, a 6-speed auto, and maybe tweak the center stack look a tiny bit, no one will really have any reason to complain. The car is wonderful... just needs a few new things done to it to shut some people up. Now that the 6A is coming out, it should make its way in there and the DTS, and be more competitive.

That's great to hear.  Now, once they add a more powerful base engine, a 6-speed auto, and maybe tweak the center stack look a tiny bit, no one will really have any reason to complain.  The car is wonderful... just needs a few new things done to it to shut some people up.  Now that the 6A is coming out, it should make its way in there and the DTS, and be more competitive.

How's the car selling compared to the DTS?

The Cadillac is butt-ugly in my mind and nowhere NEAR as attractive of a design as the Lucerne.....!

(I do with the Lucerne had the DTS interior though........and it's Hi-Po NorthStar 291hp version....)

That's great!

What I find remarkable from my personal observations, 90% of the Lucernes I've seen in the wild seem to be the 6 cylinder version. So much for the 3800 being a hinderance to sales, though I'm sure the 3.6 or 3.9 would only help.

i saw three new lucernes on the trip back this weekend on the interstate, including one with dubs.  i think its safe to say they are selling.

of course, i saw 2 yellow azteks and 5 COUNT EM FIVE suzuki veronas also, in about 250 miles.

Veronas are fairly popular around here. I see them enough that they are almost as unremarkable as Altimas now.

They are quite popular with the less affluant crowd that really wanted a Camry couldn't afford it, but didn't want to buy a Kia.

Yes, the Lucerne is doing well.

Though at the moment, production is slowing down, even though there are some

dealers still ordering....

Production for both the Lucerne and the DTS are cutting back (no weekends-or

overtime)

I wouldn't worry though, as it is more new car product slowdown, and the updating

of stuff for the 07s....

How's the car selling compared to the DTS?

The Cadillac is butt-ugly in my mind and nowhere NEAR as attractive of a design as the Lucerne.....!

(I do with the Lucerne had the DTS interior though........and it's Hi-Po NorthStar 291hp version....)

Believe it or not, most all (80-85) of the DTSs are retail, which actually surprised even me..

Enterprise did get a few, but there are not really any fleet orders for them

(at least not yet)

In my area, there are quite a few DTSs around here....

That's very surprising how low the fleet count in on both of them. Even in rental-heavy Florida, I see far more retail Lucernes and DTSs. When picking up my Enterprise Ram last week, I spoke to the Enterprise guy and he told me they're getting heavy allocations of intermediate/midsize cars as opposed to large cars and even compacts. Also, more crossovers (Freestyle, Murano, Highlander) than usual.

I've been seeing a few Lucernes on the road lately, which is nice. They have a nice presence. Unfortunately... I've already seen a LOT of 2007 Camry's. :(

Veronas are fairly popular around here.  I see them enough that they are almost as unremarkable as Altimas now.

They are quite popular with the less affluant crowd that really wanted a Camry couldn't afford it, but didn't want to buy a Kia.

LOL....Kia is truly at the bottom.

4 of those 5 veronas were black.!

too bad the verona is such a slug.

Is the verona really any cheaper than a good malibu?

My dad just bought a Lucerne to replace his stellar-reliable '98 LeSabre Custom (which replaced his flawlessly-reliable '90 LeSabre). It's a silvery-blue color, has the V-6. Haven't driven it yet. Nice car.

CX or CXL? Any pics?

My dad just bought a Lucerne to replace his stellar-reliable '98 LeSabre Custom (which replaced his flawlessly-reliable '90 LeSabre). It's a silvery-blue color, has the V-6. Haven't driven it yet. Nice car.

Congrats! Yes... Definitely pics!