Blazing a trail to the USA?

ocnblu

While I do love my current 2008 Trailblazer SS, I also do like this new version also. It would be great to get this with the 2.9L Duramax Diesel. :metal:

Edited by dfelt

This one will be here and trailblaze the same path as the new Colorado. THis one is more in tune with the new Explorer.

While the old one was ok it just was never right. The only one I would consider was the SS or Saab Version. The old one was too much of the pre L:utz design by commite. The LWB version was a mess stying wise and the roll back roof idea was neat till they really had to apply it to a real version. Lutz speaks of the failure on this one and admits he even made a mistake on it.

I would like to see this one come and then have them take the Traverse in a different direction. Right now the Explorer and Edge are way over priced for what you get. I would like to see GM beat the Explorer on price with a better vehicle.

I really would love to see this here...as long is it has real off road ability, preferably a manual transmission, and as some have said a diesel, I'd on this like white on rice. Mostly because I no longer have a good selection of truck based SUV's that I can use to haul the dogs and my gear around offroading, and drive to work on ocassion. I don't use my Jeep as a daily driver anymore, but it would be cool to see something besides another Jeep as an option in the future because I don't need all the luxury items and 28K base price. This could use some different taillights though...

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds pretty unlikely this will come to the U.S. at this point.

The Colorado still will.

Sad news, indeed. I'm not a fan of the Colorado's CUV-inspired frontend styling, though I do like the pickup overall (here's where I'm hoping GMC comes in with a Terrain/Acadia {'13}-inspired frontend). The SUV though is a different story - that frontend styling blends very well with the rest of the SUV body. Even if a GMC wasn't offered, I would seriously consider a TrailBlazer if offered for sale here in the US.

Right now the SUV maket is in a uproar.

After I saw where a GM engineer stated he would not be shocked if the whole full size SUV market may go away is very telling at the drastic measures that may lie ahead.

I could see the panic mode starting at the autoshow this year with most MFG.

You'll still get the GMC Canyon though.

That is definitely good news!!

After I saw where a GM engineer stated he would not be shocked if the whole full size SUV market may go away is very telling at the drastic measures that may lie ahead.

Can't wait to see this at the upcoming NYIAS then...

You'll still get the GMC Canyon though.

That is definitely good news!!

Can't wait to see this at the upcoming NYIAS then...

Just look at what is up front and what is in the back of the displays. It was just a few years ago the Big trucks and SUV's were front and center. This year the Spark, Sonic and Malibu Eco were out front. This is how many companies are displaying this year.

The real changes will be after 2017 I expect. The MFG's want to get the goverment to look at where they are at that point. This I figure is if they can catch breaks from the EPA fine if not they have 8 years to find a way to get people into go carts.

The new MPG issue was just a blurb in the news and I really don't think 5% of the people in this country really understand where this will all lead. The impact once they do understand will hit them like a brick in the face. I feel the only thing that will help the auto makers will be higher gas. But then the economy creeps to a stop and then they can't find buyers with money.

Anyways check out the Arcadia it is great. It make the Denali look silly and over done.

Edited by hyperv6

Well...like I said. :P

Actually, that's one we might not see much of at all. Since all the underpinnings will be the same as the Chevy, they could keep it out of the public eye much longer if they want to.

Sort of like how we barely saw the Terrain before the official debut, but saw plenty of the Equinox.

I completely understand the need for auto manufacturers to keep new model releases closer to their officail release date, but one of the benefits of putting out a show car/truck version of an upcoming model a year earlier is that it gives the customer an opportunity to "fall in love" with it. Marketing benefits because they can start collecting consumer information and reach out to the early adopters.

However, I guess I should look at the recently released 2013 GMC Acadia, where they showed it off in February with a summe on-sale date target (4-5 months early).

Chris, here's hoping you catch some shot of the Canyon to appease me and the other small truck enthusiasts :smilewide: