This should have been the SS

Camino LS6

Love this, not all of us are small guys, The Camero while I love it, is just too small and I do have to admit that I love the Challenger due to it being a bigger Muscle Car.

Bring this on as a Chevelle and you will find many interested buyers. I being one of them.

Interesting ideas. Alas, GM wasn't going to invest much to change the Commodore to the SS, hence very little changed stylistically besides the badging.

Which begs the question, what took them so long to bring it here?

They were on Holden's schedule and Holden didn't schedule their MCE until '14...otherwise, they would have had a G8 rebadge.

Which they should have done.

With the GMME Chevy fascia.

Which is the Caprice PPV fascia...the press would have given them a lot of flak for doing a rebadge of the G8 and it would have been a big flop. The lack of a real name hurts this car more than the styling, IMO.

It's going to be interesting to see if the SS lasts beyond a couple of years...hard to see they being able to sustain a V8 only model, even at very low volume....cars like the Charger and Camaro are able to sustain the V8 models through strong sales of the V6 models. Maybe GM has a strategy long term for this niche instead of just making it up as they go along...I thought I'd read the next generation Commodore was going to be a FWD model (i.e. Impala variation) ?

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Which is the Caprice PPV fascia...the press would have given them a lot of flak for doing a rebadge of the G8 and it would have been a big flop. The lack of a real name hurts this car more than the styling, IMO.

No, that's a different fascia

No, that's a different fascia

This one? the Lumina..

http://flipacars.com/pics/Chevrolet/chevrolet-lumina-middle-east-02.jpg

Interesting ideas. Alas, GM wasn't going to invest much to change the Commodore to the SS, hence very little changed stylistically besides the badging.

And after all the moaning about not doing a rebadge of the G8 as a Chevy they basically do it from the Holden. So why not just do it with the G8 in the first place?

And after all the moaning about not doing a rebadge of the G8 as a Chevy they basically do it from the Holden. So why not just do it with the G8 in the first place?

It would have had the old exterior and interior...they waited until the Holden MCE.

MonaroSS is the chop artist over at GMI. And a damn good one!!! He did this one; he did a Malibu with a 2014 Impala-inspired front end; plus countless others.

I'm pretty sure he used to have a website (or maybe still does) full of Holden Chops back in the GTO era. I used to have it bookmarked. The guy is good.... real good.

EDIT: Just checked, not the same guy. But whoever "MonaroSS" is, I wish GM would give him a design job.

Edited by Camino LS6
  • Agree 1

MonaroSS is the chop artist over at GMI. And a damn good one!!! He did this one; he did a Malibu with a 2014 Impala-inspired front end; plus countless others.

I'm pretty sure he used to have a website (or maybe still does) full of Holden Chops back in the GTO era. I used to have it bookmarked. The guy is good.... real good.

EDIT: Just checked, not the same guy. But whoever "MonaroSS" is, I wish GM would give him a design job.

I totally agree this guy needs to be working for GM as he is very talented.

It would have had the old exterior and interior...they waited until the Holden MCE.

Nothing wrong with that. The car would cost less with (maybe two engine choices) which would be in mine and alot of other peoples price range. I have no problem with the G8 interior or the Caprice PPV exterior, and I can do without all the fancy garbage that drives the price of the car up. Pretty sad when they price these cars so high that the only one who can buy one is a 70 year old retiree. Sorry, I just don't see why these price points need to be so high for a car that can't do anything near what a pickup can, and most of them have a lower price point...

Edited by Daryl Z71

i think if the pillars were thicker and the height of the glass were not so tall, etc. I could be on board with it. As it is, it just is too much of a BMW coupe profile to me. Beefier looking pillars and roof and a more rakish back end might change my mind. Not as drastic as the CTS, but something just not so derned reminiscent of bland german car #54.

Is there a 2 door 14 Impala chop out there? That would be a heckuva lot nicer IMHO

edit GMI has a killer coupe chop

another thread...

where's the coupe

With the fastback roofline it could make a good looking coupe, I think..
Edited by regfootball

• 1 month later...