2006 Hyundai Accent

HarleyEarl

Pretty nice interior for a subcompact. All things considered, the car looks more "mature" than the outgoing model (except maybe for the front end). The Accent is the best-selling subcompact car in Canada, and one of the best-selling cars in Canada, period. Due to high depreciation, you can find a decent 3-4 year old Accent for under $5,000. We've seriously considered selling off our van and getting an Accent or something like it. Let's face it: Gas isn't going to get any cheaper, and our Grand Caravan averages 21 MPG (my Mercury, @ 24.4 MPG, is slightly better). We really only need one "big" car in the family, a role which fits the Grand Marquis perfectly. And, lastly, I don't trust that van in the long term. Both an Accent and my Mercury are much cheaper and much easier to repair.

The headlights remind me of the B9's, but maybe it's just the angle. What's with the door guard strip being up so high? The interior does look good, but I think the new Aveo's looked better. All in all, I think the new Aveo should pretty much destroy this as long as it gets a new, more fuel-efficient engine.

I hate the way Hyundai's been making their radio and hvac controls 2 differnt coloers. It looks awkward. The whole center stack should be the same color or color scheme. The exterior looks pretty good. I do expect the Aveo to be the best selling in this class, though.

I will admit, the interior is nice, but cars this size to me always just look so damn ugly. They're like little bubbles--and I realize they essentially have to be, to make the most out of their size.

Inoffensive, with a bit of style. All that's really necessary in this class. I like that interior better than the current Aveo, but may fave in this class is still the new Rio hatchback. The Rio reminds me of a car the Europeans like to keep away from us.

I wont fit in it comfortably, so I dont care.  That is, unless they allow the front seat to travel back further than it does in the current one.  I'm pretty sure that car wasn't designed to be driven by anyone over 5'9.

[post="11198"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i'd have to say I fit better in my hyundai then I do in my parents Toyota, I'm 6 foot but when I was spiking my hear it would get all messed up by the roof :(

my parents camry I'm up against the ceiling, and on both vehicles to use the sunvisor I must dive to the middle other wise it will hit my head :o Edited by Newbiewar

Well, let's face it, Hyundai has always been about copying.  Their name sounds like Honda, thier logo looks like Hondas.  The new Sonata looks Honda.  They are masters at it and it will pay off big time.

[post="11311"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Agreed. And with gas prices as high as they are, people pimp-smacked to a tight
budget are going to love this car...