Only a couple of days after first reporting about Chevrolet showing off the Bolt concept at the Detroit Auto Show, the automaker has revealed it for all to see.

The Bolt is GM's attempt at building an electric car with a 200 Mile range for the price of around $30,000. Styling is a mixture of Spark and the BMW i3 with a large area of glass, and a high beltline. The Bolt's body features barely any front or rear overhang which in turn helps out in interior space. Materials such as aluminum, magnesium, and carbon fiber help keep weight down and improve range. Inside is very spacious with a light color theme which only adds to that feeling. The dashboard has a flowing look and comes with a 10-inch capacitive touchscreen.

Unfortunately, GM hasn't released details about the Bolt's electric powertrain or how long it takes for to charge on either 120V or 240V.

“The Bolt EV concept is a game-changing electric vehicle designed for attainability, not exclusivity. Chevrolet believes electrification is a pillar of future transportation and needs to be affordable for a wider segment of customers,” said General Motors CEO Mary Barra.

Source: Chevrolet

2015 Chevrolet Bolt EV Concept all electric vehicle – glass ro
Album: Chevrolet Bolt Concept
7 images
0 comments

You can sign up to follow all the stories from Detroit here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

Ineresting design, I like the openness of the interior with the sky roof. I wonder if it will be able to accept a DC Quick Charge so you can get 80% in 30 min or less?

Thanks Drew, this is SOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHH better looking than the BMW I3 or what ever BMW is calling their electric auto.

I'm sort of let down by the design. I'm not sure what exactly I was expecting, but it wasn't that. It looks okay for a little city runabout, I suppose... Just not really what I envisioned as $30k car. This seems a little downmarket. Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen a design that's pretty similar to this. I can't quite put my finger on where or what, but it feels very familiar. 

This should play well in the EV market. It is practical  and yet does not look like a slave to Aero drag.

IF they can keep the price at $30k and not balloon to $40k wit normal options it should play well in CA and coastal states.

It looked pretty neat rolling out onto the stage with Mary extolling its virtues.

Quirky. More interesting than the new Volt. The D-pillar is kind of similar to the first generation Mercedes A-class.

I reckon it is a good concept, that the company is doing in building a electric car which may be good for car buyers and may be a future of driving cars and save money in fuel ad running costs. I think all we would have ,to do is charge the battery and it is good to go and would need to be tested on how far it can go and is it good for the city area and what flaws are in the system. I think the cost is alright, could go down and would have to know the running costs and how long a battery lasts before buying this sort of car.

I like it. I find these cars with almost the entire roof letting the light in to be really attractive for some reason. It looks a little chunky maybe but it'd do its job just fine as a city driving car. If they'd sell them for a reasonable car they'd have quite a bit of success i reckon.

Edited by JulianWilliams

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Today's Birthdays

1. rawenerg
      rawenerg
  • Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      As lawmakers continue to work on comprehensive tax reform, one item related to the automotive industry on the table was the tax credit for electric vehicles.  The credit, which can be up to $7,500, was dropped in the House version of the bill but kept in the Senate version.   The credit was started in 2009 as part of the economic stimulus package as a way to encourage investment by auto manufacturers in the development of electric powered or assisted vehicles.  The the current version of the bill in reconciliation keeps the credit.  Analysts estimate that scrapping the credit would save $200 million over the next 10 years. 
      The credit is capped at 200,000 qualifying vehicle per manufacturer, which no automaker has yet reached. Most manufacturers have announced billions of dollars in investment for sweeping changes to their lineups with many models gaining plug-in hybrid variants over the next 5 to 7 years.
      Related: GM Launching 20 EVs by 2023

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      As lawmakers continue to work on comprehensive tax reform, one item related to the automotive industry on the table was the tax credit for electric vehicles.  The credit, which can be up to $7,500, was dropped in the House version of the bill but kept in the Senate version.   The credit was started in 2009 as part of the economic stimulus package as a way to encourage investment by auto manufacturers in the development of electric powered or assisted vehicles.  The the current version of the bill in reconciliation keeps the credit.  Analysts estimate that scrapping the credit would save $200 million over the next 10 years. 
      The credit is capped at 200,000 qualifying vehicle per manufacturer, which no automaker has yet reached. Most manufacturers have announced billions of dollars in investment for sweeping changes to their lineups with many models gaining plug-in hybrid variants over the next 5 to 7 years.
      Related: GM Launching 20 EVs by 2023
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Full-size family sedans have been on the ropes lately. The Hyundai Azera has been canceled.  There is no planned replacement for the Ford Taurus. The Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 both have uncertain futures.
      Toyota however is about to put a pile of chips on the table with a fully redesigned 2019 Toyota Avalon.  They released a teaser picture ahead of the January 15th release at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. 
      The picture, which only shows the front left corner of the car shows a very expressive look with a broad lower intake and a somewhat Lexus shaped grille.  We expect the new Avalon to ride on a longer variant of the 2018 Toyota Camry platform that was released at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show.  The new Camry platform shaved significant weight over the prior model and that will likely carry over to the new Avalon as well. That should make for some impressive performance numbers as the Avalon is already one of the lightest vehicles in the class.
      We will have more details and on-site reaction for you as we approach the full release of the 2019 Toyota Avalon at the Detroit Auto Show.

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Full-size family sedans have been on the ropes lately. The Hyundai Azera has been canceled.  There is no planned replacement for the Ford Taurus. The Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 both have uncertain futures.
      Toyota however is about to put a pile of chips on the table with a fully redesigned 2019 Toyota Avalon.  They released a teaser picture ahead of the January 15th release at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. 
      The picture, which only shows the front left corner of the car shows a very expressive look with a broad lower intake and a somewhat Lexus shaped grille.  We expect the new Avalon to ride on a longer variant of the 2018 Toyota Camry platform that was released at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show.  The new Camry platform shaved significant weight over the prior model and that will likely carry over to the new Avalon as well. That should make for some impressive performance numbers as the Avalon is already one of the lightest vehicles in the class.
      We will have more details and on-site reaction for you as we approach the full release of the 2019 Toyota Avalon at the Detroit Auto Show.

• By William Maley
      Last night, a member of the Corvette Forum posted CAD images of what is purported to be the mid-engine Corvette. Those images would disappear later in the night, but not before someone saved them and uploaded them to imgur. 
      Judging by the quality of images, we're guessing someone used their smartphone to take pictures of a computer screen. The images show off the engine and what looks like to be the sub structure. One of the members on the site, firebirdfan has an excellent breakdown of the images. Here are some of the more interesting details.
      No more transverse leaf spring, replaced by coils. Fancy shocks (can't really tell if they are magnetorheological or spool-valve) Engine appears to be an LT1 (no forced induction) A beefy transaxle (firebirdfan believes it could be for the automatic) The question arises of whether these images are the real deal or not. We're somewhat doubtful they could be fake considering how much effort would need to put in to create drawings like this. But they could be an old design and Corvette engineers made some changes for the production model.
      We'll keep you posted.
      Source: Corvette Forum, 2
      Image Credit: ZERV on Corvette Fourm via etbaumga on imgur

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets