Random Thoughts Thread

Someone (who likes cats, as a matter of fact) sent me this yesterday via text.  Since it can't be told as a joke, I'll put it here instead of on the joke thread ...

cinco-de-mayo.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

You can get a crewcab with 8 ft bed, but only in the bad-ass HD. 

Let me correct that for you, BAD ASS UGLY LOOKING HD! :P 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Ford Super Duty is good looking enough to keep me out of a RAM or Chevy. Seriously. 

Clean Mopar action and a 409...Still holding out for a 421 Pontiac though., 

Kind of wins me some respect for Ford...this guy buys a hundred grand SEMA truck and does everything possible to destroy it...lights it on fire...bury it in a cornfield during a heavy rain...set it on fire...attack it with a backhoe...use it in extreme logging....dump 13,000 pounds of concrete in the bed...you name it....his wife attacks it with an axe and crowbar....and it still runs fine....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

Not sure how closely you follow the big trucks, dfelt. Chevy/GMC have a SHORT bed (5.5 ft), a STANDARD bed (6.5 ft), and the LONG bed (8).

I’d like to go back to a 8-ft bed, but no way with a crew cab. 5.5-ft is just too short w 8-ft material. 

Almost bought a truck a few times... 😉 

My uncle has a old Sierra with am 8ft bed. I like how much you can put in the back, but for whatever reason it feels too long for me.

When I was building my Silverado, I made sure I got a standard bed for my extended cab, as the short bed lack what i would put in for a Home Depot run.

That is a downside when you can’t lay 2x4s down, and you have to stick them over the tailgate.......`

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

More clips of him here....and yeah...kind of an idiot....but he gets youtube views

Before he destroyed it...

I will never understand IDIOTS that destroy auto's just for the sake of seeing if they can. Anything can be destroyed and why would you pay that kind of money to then abuse it.

Must be a trust fund IDIOT! 🙄

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I will never understand IDIOTS that destroy auto's just for the sake of seeing if they can. Anything can be destroyed and why would you pay that kind of money to then abuse it.

i FOUND IT VERY IMPRESSIVE THAT THE TRUCK RAN SO WELL AFTER HE DID EVERYTHING HE DID TO IT. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

Not like it's anything special or rare, though...just a common truck with shitty mods.  Run a tank over it..

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

One of my favorite Indie performers and her friends, enjoy. 

'70s stuff isn't my genre, and neither is whatever Fleetwood Mac is ('folk rock'?), but there's no denying that the '77 Rumors is a fantastic album.

There were a bunch of purely inspired albums in that decade that eclipsed anything else many of the Tier 1 artists ever did. I'm not a Springsteen fan at all despite being from Jersey,, and he should've hung up recording about 20 years ago IMO,  but Born to Run is another stellar album.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

i FOUND IT VERY IMPRESSIVE THAT THE TRUCK RAN SO WELL AFTER HE DID EVERYTHING HE DID TO IT. 

True, impressive that it still ran so well after all the crap they did. Still, work is so hard to earn the money to then trash something that cost so much.

9 minutes ago, dfelt said:

True, impressive that it still ran so well after all the crap they did. Still, work is so hard to earn the money to then trash something that cost so much.

The guy is a You Tuber...probably takes in enough ad revenue to cover the cost..it's a business expense, not like a normal person buying a vehicle to use..it's a prop for his videos. 

13 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

The guy is a You Tuber...probably takes in enough ad revenue to cover the cost..it's a business expense, not like a normal person buying a vehicle to use..it's a prop for his videos. 

I understand that, I just do not see value in people trashing a product like this as it is not even a valid review video.

Guess I just do not see any reason why people have to be like that in the video. I am also the type of person that sees no value in social media Idiots that only want people to look at them like the Kardashin morons or how ever you spell their name.

10 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I understand that, I just do not see value in people trashing a product like this as it is not even a valid review video.

Guess I just do not see any reason why people have to be like that in the video. I am also the type of person that sees no value in social media Idiots that only want people to look at them like the Kardashin morons or how ever you spell their name.

I agree that it is is pretty pointless, but at least its just a Ford pickup, nothing special... Ford builds hundreds of thousands of these appliances every year.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I agree that it is is pretty pointless, but at least its just a Ford pickup, nothing special... Ford builds hundreds of thousands of these appliances every year.

But it’s longitudinal-engined / RWD.... how could you possibly call it an “appliance”?? 🤪

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, dfelt said:

I wouldn't come to you for advice on aesthetics.  You're the guy who HATES the Chevy Bolt's white dash.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

$h!ty mods

Needed said again

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

But it’s longitudinal-engined / RWD.... how could you possibly call it an “appliance”?? 🤪

Well, it prolly has an engine block heater... so you can plug it in... so, appliance could be stretched over to fit it, I spose.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Not socially distant, that is so dangerous, what are those people thinking. ;) 

Compared to today's airline seating space these people are socially distant...

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 3.33.08 PM.png

Cool Car, the best part is the center of that Grill. Always liked the Pontiac nose.

• Agree 1

Always did enjoy watching women race cars, Amy Ruman the Trans Am Champion is one of my favorite people on the planet.....but this lady can drive. Skip ahead toa bout the two minute mark if you want to watch the quarter mile run. 

That channel also has Pontiac content, skip ahead to the one minute mark or so to watch this 72 Ventura launch hard with wheels up. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, ocnblu said:

96380658_2645754915643636_6420780394450255872_n.jpg

I wonder which airline's '47 that was.  That padding at the edge of the headrests with those embedded cushions in the economy cabin was nicer than that of most carriers (of people, that is).  This photo has 1973 written all over it.  Who can forget when the 747 was more or less new?  Times were good.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Like 1

OUCH, Jeep Wrangler went from good to Marginal due to the 2019 model at first passing the shear off a front wheel off set head on crash, but then it went to Marginal after it rolled over.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/05/jeep-wrangler-unlimited-protected-the-driver-in-dreaded-iihs-small-overlap-test-but-repeated-rollovers-didnt-help-its-case/

9 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Ack!

Now trapped in our homes until May 28th. Want to be free... 😞 . Going to have to find more things to do around the house....

I understand the quarantine, but things were going so well for me on so many levels before all of this hit. Ready to get on with life. 

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I understand the quarantine, but things were going so well for me on so many levels before all of this hit. Ready to get on with life. 

Like the Influenza of 1918/1919, expect this over the next 18 to 24 months.

I expect an increase in cases for the fall, the time to take an actual real vaccine, test, verify and then produce for global use will take time, so I do not see an end to social distancing and shelter in place at home till after 2021.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

A new awesome Bremach T-Rex truck is now for sale. Bargain price of $120,000 Your choice of powertrain, Gas, Natural Gas, Hybrid or Electric are their 4 power train choices.

https://theawesomer.com/bremach-t-rex/96549/

Bremach T-Rex

Bremach T-Rex

Bremach T-Rex

21 minutes ago, balthazar said:

^ I sure hope that's an Olds powerplant in there.
- - - - -

Awful lot of 'pure toy' money for these times. Dead on the vine is my prediction.

The new Ford Bronco is really growing on me though.....really growing on me. That one will stick around. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Crazy weather today... 37F and snow flurries...more like March than May...

We are supposed to hit 80 today and all weekend long. WTF, this is supposed to be spring showers. :( 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1