Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

59 minutes ago, David said:

Based on their sec filing Ford is heavy dependent on the truck with a far behind second place of SUVs and the mustang where GM is far more diverse on their product line based on sales of their trucks, suvs, the few cars and corvette.

To me from a mgmt. standpoint GM is better spread out than Ford. So yes I see it as a concern for Ford.

Yeaaaah, no. GM is absolutely still heavily profit driven by their full size trucks, just as much as Ford. Where else is the profit coming from?

-EVs? Not yet.

-Sedans? Non-existent outside of low volume Cadillac sedan sales  

Other than the Vette (which really doesn’t account for that much since it’s produced in far fewer numbers) GM still lives and dies by their full size truck profits and its fanboy logic to say that they don’t. A more diverse lineup does not equal more profit. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Yeaaaah, no. GM is absolutely still heavily profit driven by their full size trucks, just as much as Ford. Where else is the profit coming from?

-EVs? Not yet.

-Sedans? Non-existent outside of low volume Cadillac sedan sales  

Other than the Vette (which really doesn’t account for that much since it’s produced in far fewer numbers) GM still lives and dies by their full size truck profits and its fanboy logic to say that they don’t. A more diverse lineup does not equal more profit. 

OK, Lets break it down by the numbers. Full Year 2022

2022 (Full Year) USA: GM Sales (Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, GMC) - Car Sales Statistics (best-selling-cars.com)

Chevrolet

image.png

Trucks make up 612,446

SUVs and Cars make up 905,602

GMC

image.png

Trucks make up 269,341

SUVs make up 217,704

Cadillac

image.png

Total SUV and Car sales 134,726

Buick

image.png

Total SUV sales of 103,519

2022 GM Sales Combined

Trucks - 881,787 from Colorado, Silverado, Canyon and Sierra

SUVs & Cars - 1,361,551

Ford

U.S. Ford Motor Company Sales Decreased Two Percent In 2022 (fordauthority.com)

Ford

image.png

Truck sales - 798,871

SUV and Car sales - 982,107

Lincoln

image.png

SUV sales - 83,486

Combined total sales

Trucks - 798,871

SUVs and Cars - 1,065,593

Trucks Sales

• Ford 798,871
  • GM 881,787

SUV and Car sales

• GM - 1,361,551
  • Ford/Lincoln - 1,065,593

Ford trucks make up 42.85% of total sales

GM trucks make up 39.3% of total sales.

I will admit that it is not as bad as I thought, as I figured truck sales for Ford was over 50% of their total, but they are still high for both brands. Still relying on a single category for your bulk of sales/profits is never good and I still think Ford has room to improve as does GM.

But even then I still do not think that the bulk of Profits is from trucks alone.

It is happening more or less DAILY:

Whether I am right behind the car waiting at the signal, or three cars behind it, that first car seems to have a "problem" pulling away from the signal.

It takes me and/or the others to tap our horn(s) and that driver then starts to move.  

If behind them, you might see a cell phone being put down.  If not, and you end up alongside them further ahead, you may see a phone in the picture.

I'm not trying to be sexist, but most of the time it's women/girls.  Statistical studies support this.  Some guys do it, too. I'm not talking about polished professional women.  I'm talking about teenagers who haven't been driving that long, ones who might have been in a sorority, ones who may be into Oprah or similar, and Karens.

Every f***ing day?  Every f***ing day?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Everyone has until 2030 according to David yet GM is banking on their profit driven full size trucks to keep them rolling until 2035, but yeah it's nothing like Ford lol.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/06/heres-how-much-profit-gm-makes-on-full-size-trucks-and-suvs/

Now go ahead remove those trucks and see how long GM would last with that "diverse product line". It would be the same result as Ford if they did that.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, David said:

OK, Lets break it down by the numbers. Full Year 2022

2022 (Full Year) USA: GM Sales (Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, GMC) - Car Sales Statistics (best-selling-cars.com)

Chevrolet

image.png

Trucks make up 612,446

SUVs and Cars make up 905,602

GMC

image.png

Trucks make up 269,341

SUVs make up 217,704

Cadillac

image.png

Total SUV and Car sales 134,726

Buick

image.png

Total SUV sales of 103,519

2022 GM Sales Combined

Trucks - 881,787 from Colorado, Silverado, Canyon and Sierra

SUVs & Cars - 1,361,551

Ford

U.S. Ford Motor Company Sales Decreased Two Percent In 2022 (fordauthority.com)

Ford

image.png

Truck sales - 798,871

SUV and Car sales - 982,107

Lincoln

image.png

SUV sales - 83,486

Combined total sales

Trucks - 798,871

SUVs and Cars - 1,065,593

Trucks Sales

• Ford 798,871
  • GM 881,787

SUV and Car sales

• GM - 1,361,551
  • Ford/Lincoln - 1,065,593

Ford trucks make up 42.85% of total sales

GM trucks make up 39.3% of total sales.

I will admit that it is not as bad as I thought, as I figured truck sales for Ford was over 50% of their total, but they are still high for both brands. Still relying on a single category for your bulk of sales/profits is never good and I still think Ford has room to improve as does GM.

But even then I still do not think that the bulk of Profits is from trucks alone.

Considering you're using the word "truck" here.

Those 2022 totals and percentages are as follows;

Total Ford sales: 1,780,978

Total F Series sales: 638,340

F Series percent of total sales: 35.8%

Total Chevy sales: 1,518,048

Total Silverado sales: 523,249

F Series percent of total sales: 34.4%

Yeah, FORD is the only one reliant on truck sales.. 

Cillian Murphy No GIF by ARTEfr

Also, I'm not sure why you're using 2021 data as opposed to the most recent 2022 data that is within your screen shots.

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

Everyone has until 2030 according to David yet GM is banking on their profit driven full size trucks to keep them rolling until 2035, but yeah it's nothing like Ford lol.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/06/heres-how-much-profit-gm-makes-on-full-size-trucks-and-suvs/

Now go ahead remove those trucks and see how long GM would last with that "diverse product line". It would be the same result as Ford if they did that.

It's such a silly argument because if you take away the best selling product from ANY company and they'll be struggling. 

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Also, I'm not sure why you're using 2021 data as opposed to the most recent 2022 data that is within your screen shots.

It's such a silly argument because if you take away the best selling product from ANY company and they'll be struggling. 

Not mighty GM though lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

13 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

It is happening more or less DAILY:

Whether I am right behind the car waiting at the signal, or three cars behind it, that first car seems to have a "problem" pulling away from the signal.

It takes me and/or the others to tap our horn(s) and that driver then starts to move.  

If behind them, you might see a cell phone being put down.  If not, and you end up alongside them further ahead, you may see a phone in the picture.

I'm not trying to be sexist, but most of the time it's women/girls.  Statistical studies support this.  Some guys do it, too. I'm not talking about polished professional women.  I'm talking about teenagers who haven't been driving that long, ones who might have been in a sorority, ones who may be into Oprah or similar, and Karens.

Every f***ing day?  Every f***ing day?

I agree it does seem to have gotten worse. I see equally men and woman who come to a light and then sit there and you have to honk your horn to get them going as their phone is more important than their real single focus of driving.

Course this has had a pushing affect from the Musk Lies of self-driving autos for the last decade as I hear so many coworkers and people around here who say they wish they could just get in their auto, tell it where to take them and then ignore doing anything till they have to get out.

Those kind of people are a real danger to the rest of us on the road.

4 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

WOW, what a narrow minded story as they ignore all the rest of the portfolio and you truly need to break out the SUVs from the trucks. Merging hides things and is not transparent. Meh to that writeup since it is NOT a complete review of the whole portfolio.

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

So Canyon, Colorado, Maverick, Ranger are not trucks? Now your the one just like the terrible GM Authority story cherry picking the facts.

48 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Not mighty GM though lol. 

GM does rely on their trucks, just not as much as ford and clearly has larger sales of SUVs & Cars than Ford. At least GM does not rely on old tech, ignore the future and sits running on old tech with serious quality issues like Toyota.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, David said:

WOW, what a narrow minded story as they ignore all the rest of the portfolio and you truly need to break out the SUVs from the trucks. Merging hides things and is not transparent. Meh to that writeup since it is NOT a complete review of the whole portfolio.

Really? "Narrow minded"? This came from a GM site and it is 100% factual. It leaving out what you think matters, does not change those facts. Take away GMs biggest cash cow and they would not last much longer than Ford. You know and I know that but I am the only who will say it out loud while you make excuses for it.

But yeah, they're being "narrow minded".

"facepalm" away.

26 minutes ago, David said:

So Canyon, Colorado, Maverick, Ranger are not trucks? Now your the one just like the terrible GM Authority story cherry picking the facts.

Fair point, I completely forgot about all of those. 

But, in all fairness, those all could go away and both companies would still thrive off their half tons and HD/SDs. 

Also, wouldn't that make the reliance on trucks for BOTH companies look worse, not just Ford? Moreso Chevy, because the current Ranger is mostly crap compared to the Colorado/Canyon/Taco/Frontier? 

I sure hope GM can find a buyer for Chevy, because they don't have a European partner and rely way too heavily on their truck sales.... 

31 minutes ago, David said:

GM does rely on their trucks, just not as much as ford and clearly has larger sales of SUVs & Cars than Ford. At least GM does not rely on old tech, ignore the future and sits running on old tech with serious quality issues like Toyota.

While their trucks are running the same pushrod engines from 2000. 

GM relies on old tech as much as Ford or anybody else. 

33 minutes ago, David said:

For all of Toyotas present flaws, they are not dependent on one group of vehicles like GM and Ford, to provide their profits. Aside from their EVs, GM has just a much "old tech" floating around as the rest of them (the 3.6L, the 5.3L, the 6.2L, etc).

I like you threw that in there because you think I am now some kind of Toyota fan (I am not). I just don't deal in fanboy logic. I'll leave that to you and SMK.

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

While their trucks are running the same pushrod engines from 2000. 

GM relies on old tech as much as Ford or anybody else. 

ALL OF THIS! For the record, the 5.3L long predates 2000. My mother's '97 Z71 proves that.

Edited by surreal1272

Yeah, Gm is so confident in their future EV product lineup, that they are pushing sales of their trucks out 10-12 years but sure @David, they would do fine without them lol.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/gm-could-reap-billions-by-building-combustion-trucks-suvs-through-2035-2023-06-13/

7 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

For all of Toyotas present flaws, they are not dependent on one group of vehicles like GM and Ford, to provide their profits. Aside from their EVs, GM has just a much "old tech" floating around as the rest of them (the 3.6L, the 5.3L, the 6.2L, etc).

I like you threw that in there because you think I am now some kind of Toyota fan (I am not). I just don't deal in fanboy logic. I'll leave that to you and SMK.

ALL OF THIS! For the record, the 5.3L long predates 2000. My mother's '97 Z71 proves that.

Oh yeah, I just wasn't about to look that stuff up. I knew it's been 20+ years and that was good enough for me, Hahaha. 

Chevy's been running the old-@ss 5.3 for decades while Toyota has a brand new boosted 3.4 AND a boosted hybrid in their full-size truck. Obviously, it won't sell worth a sht, for whatever reasons, but it's about as technologically advanced of a truck powertrain as there gets right now. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

Chevy's been running the old-@ss 5.3 for decades while Toyota has a brand new boosted 3.4 AND a boosted hybrid in their full-size truck. Obviously, it won't sell worth a sht, for whatever reasons, but it's about as technologically advanced of a truck powertrain as there gets right now. 

Agreed on the 3.4L sales prospects but shhhh, he is not supposed to acknowledge that. Only old $h! from Toyota matters here. Didn't you know?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Agreed on the 3.4L sales prospects but shhhh, he is not supposed to acknowledge that. Only old $h! from Toyota matters here. Didn't you know?

Oh yeah, isn't the Taco getting new boosted/hybrid engines, as well? 

Last I knew, Ford and GM do not have hybrid mid-size trucks. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Oh yeah, isn't the Taco getting new boosted/hybrid engines, as well? 

Last I knew, Ford and GM do not have hybrid mid-size trucks. 

Outside of the long outdated 4 Runner, all of their SUVs and trucks have gone hybrid or have it as an option but according to David, that is still outdated tech. 

Outside of the long outdated 4 Runner, all of their SUVs and trucks have gone hybrid or have it as an option but according to David, that is still outdated tech. 

Which that sucks because I think A LOT of people like what the 4Runner is and if they could only update the dang thing! Is it still running the 4.0 V6 with a 5spd auto?!?

• Agree 1

And uhhhh... how many hybrid/plug-in electric SUVs does GM have? They're trying to completely skip over the hybrid/plug-in thing while rocking decades old 3.6L V6s in everything they can until everything is a full EV. 

• Haha 1

The videos of the Cyber truck having a hard time going up a dirt hill and the F150 Lighting going up a near identical one is too funny.

The CEO of Ford is throwing shade at the Cybertruck's viral — and messy — attempt to drive up a dirt hill (msn.com)

This is a good read on who leads in Charging speed and the results might surprise you. Tesla is NOT the leader.

Edmunds EV Charging Test: How fast does each EV charge? | Edmunds

I will say that GM and Ford are NOT doing the customers right by playing games with the charging controllers. 

Example of this is the Lyriq top of the line gets a 19.2kW controller compared to the entry level gets a 11.5kW controller which makes a big difference in how fast they charge. Blazer EV coming out only gets the 11.5kW controller. Current Chevrolet Bolt/EUV model only has a 11.5kW controller which was an upgrade for 2023 over the earlier version which was only 7.7kW. 

This game of slower charging on cheaper EVs over more expensive needs to stop as the charging speed is the biggest issue for buyers. 

I get it that the Bolt is on older technology, but the Ultium platform @ 800V can handle the speed and they should be making sure all the EVs can maximize the Level 1, 2 and 3 charging IMHO.

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, David said:

I will say that GM and Ford are NOT doing the customers right by playing games with the charging controllers. 

Example of this is the Lyriq top of the line gets a 19.2kW controller compared to the entry level gets a 11.5kW controller which makes a big difference in how fast they charge. Blazer EV coming out only gets the 11.5kW controller. Current Chevrolet Bolt/EUV model only has a 11.5kW controller which was an upgrade for 2023 over the earlier version which was only 7.7kW. 

It's called "trickle down sales" and it will bite them in the ass if they continue to do it while others don't but hey, GM right?

9 hours ago, David said:

This is a good read on who leads in Charging speed and the results might surprise you. Tesla is NOT the leader.

This isn't news to anyone in the last few years. Hyundai and Kia have made sure of that, along with Porsche and a few others. I cannot stand Tesla or Musk but once again, you put your bias and slant into this and as ccap pointed out, where Tesla leads by a mile is their charger network. It's not even debatable but go ahead and have yet another "gotcha" moment by posting stuff that we already knew and have known for a while now.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, David said:

I get it that the Bolt is on older technology, but the Ultium platform @ 800V can handle the speed and they should be making sure all the EVs can maximize the Level 1, 2 and 3 charging IMHO.

The current Bolt could already utilize level 3. It was a slow level 3, but it was still level 3 capable. 55 kW. 

4 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

This isn't news to anyone in the last few years. Hyundai and Kia have made sure of that, along with Porsche and a few others. I cannot stand Tesla or Musk but once again, you put your bias and slant into this and as ccap pointed out, where Tesla leads by a mile is their charger network. It's not even debatable but go ahead and have yet another "gotcha" moment by posting stuff that we already knew and have known for a while now.

Don’t know why you’re acting “confused” David. You know exactly what I’m talking about. 

5 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

H'mmm No gotcha just reporting that while Tesla has shown to be reliable, they have been surpassed for charging by Hyundai and others. Just reporting, I put nothing into this other than that. But take it how you feel, no skin of my back my friend.

4 hours ago, ccap41 said:

The current Bolt could already utilize level 3. It was a slow level 3, but it was still level 3 capable. 55 kW. 

Yes it was capable, but not at the full potential of what Level 3 is.

I get it that many people will feel that you get what you pay for, those that pay more money for the top of the line Cadillac get the fast great experience and those that can only afford the Chevrolet have to wait much longer.

This is one place that Tesla while having tested out as a slower but reliable charging experience has done right. All of their EVs get the same charging controller so the 3, Y, S and X all can quickly charge no matter the size of the battery.

My point is that GM, Ford, VW should be taking that page from Tesla as Hyundai/Kia/Genesis has done and give the fastest charging experience to the customer. They can milk all they want for software and other EV features in the auto, but if you want to have people go WOW, I want that EV, then remove one item that the Press has hit on as a big negative, especially the crazy conservatives that feel EV should die.

For GM, they should have embraced this from the start if they truly want to go all EV by 2035 or 2030 depending on the country.

Remove the speed limits on Charging and give the best experience possible to the consumer for quick charging.

IMHO

Cadillac press release today:

Cadillac Confirms the 2025 OPTIQ

2025-cadillac-optiq-001.jpg2025-cadillac-optiq-002.jpg

Possible Lucid Pickup Truck Seen In Clay Model Form (insideevs.com)

image.png

6 minutes ago, David said:

H'mmm No gotcha just reporting that while Tesla has shown to be reliable, they have been surpassed for charging by Hyundai and others. Just reporting, I put nothing into this other than that. But take it how you feel, no skin of my back my friend.

Yes it was capable, but not at the full potential of what Level 3 is.

I get it that many people will feel that you get what you pay for, those that pay more money for the top of the line Cadillac get the fast great experience and those that can only afford the Chevrolet have to wait much longer.

This is one place that Tesla while having tested out as a slower but reliable charging experience has done right. All of their EVs get the same charging controller so the 3, Y, S and X all can quickly charge no matter the size of the battery.

My point is that GM, Ford, VW should be taking that page from Tesla as Hyundai/Kia/Genesis has done and give the fastest charging experience to the customer. They can milk all they want for software and other EV features in the auto, but if you want to have people go WOW, I want that EV, then remove one item that the Press has hit on as a big negative, especially the crazy conservatives that feel EV should die.

For GM, they should have embraced this from the start if they truly want to go all EV by 2035 or 2030 depending on the country.

Remove the speed limits on Charging and give the best experience possible to the consumer for quick charging.

IMHO

Cadillac press release today:

Cadillac Confirms the 2025 OPTIQ

2025-cadillac-optiq-001.jpg

Possible Lucid Pickup Truck Seen In Clay Model Form (insideevs.com)

image.png

The Problem Cadillac/GM have is that they're rebadging vehicles and as EVs, they're even more similar to their Chevrolet counterparts. They're desperately doing something to differentiate themselves, That Optiq is nothing different than an Equinox EV,,,, but it charges faster!  

• Agree 1

This will cause some to cry, but Porsche is prepping their plants to build Boxster and Macan EVs.
Porsche upgrades Zuffenhausen production plant for the future - Porsche Newsroom
258887_ .jpg

9 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The Problem Cadillac/GM have is that they're rebadging vehicles and as EVs, they're even more similar to their Chevrolet counterparts. They're desperately doing something to differentiate themselves, That Optiq is nothing different than an Equinox EV,,,, but it charges faster!  

Yes, I would agree that under the skin the bulk of the auto is probably identical. They can use much nicer materials on the inside, a different set of software for the EV system, etc. to make it stand out and with a different skin be able to charge more. 

I just feel the speed at which they charge the vehicle at any level should be the fastest available for that level and not have 3 different controllers. Why not save money, have a single fastest possible controller for all the EVs in all Product categories and focus on the things that can and do offer a large profit difference such as the interior materials, suspension, engine power, etc.

24 minutes ago, David said:

You most certainly did put more than "nothing" into that.

Referring the above in bold:

"Tesla is NOT the leader."

Those are your exact words. Emphasizing with "NOT" is not reporting. That is interjecting opinion, an opinion that has obvious roots in past bias against Tesla. 

27 minutes ago, David said:

Imagine if ICE vehicles were sold the same way. 

Brand A will fill up with gas faster than brand B because Brand A is luxury while Brand B is not. I do not like this tactic being used by automakers right now and I promise you, that is a HUGE detriment to potential buyers. Add to that, it just leads to frustration and confusion on potential buyer's part.

2 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

You most certainly did put more than "nothing" into that.

Referring the above in bold:

"Tesla is NOT the leader."

Those are your exact words. Emphasizing with "NOT" is not reporting. That is interjecting opinion, an opinion that has obvious roots in past bias against Tesla. 

Imagine if ICE vehicles were sold the same way. 

Brand A will fill up with gas faster than brand B because Brand A is luxury while Brand B is not. I do not like this tactic being used by automakers right now and I promise you, that is a HUGE detriment to potential buyers. Add to that, it just leads to frustration and confusion on potential buyer's part.

And here you are showing imho a very narrow view as this has nothing to do with focus on Tesla, it is a focus on the News Story that shows Tesla is not the Leader in the faster / best charging rate of an EV. You have ignored taking this out of context that the above statement was made against the news story.

This is exactly what I posted:

image.png

As such, if this was anyone else you would say that they are trolling the posted person. Is that what your doing, trolling me over the above statement, which imho you are taking out of context.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, David said:

And here you are showing imho a very narrow view as this has nothing to do with focus on Tesla, it is a focus on the News Story that shows Tesla is not the Leader in the faster / best charging rate of an EV. You have ignored taking this out of context that the above statement was made against the news story.

image.png

As such, if this was anyone else you would say that they are trolling the posted person. Is that what your doing, trolling me over the above statement, which imho you are taking out of context.

You obviously cannot see that you're the one who put an emphasis on "NOT", that's the the part where you're injecting your opinion on the piece. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, David said:

image.png

Stop overanalyzing my statement about your obvious bias. There is no trolling on my part at all. I called you out on your obvious attempt to throw in your bias against Tesla and now you are trying deflect and flip it on me like somehow I’m the issue. That’s some rich $h! David and I’m not buying it. You said what you said and I’m not the only one who saw through it so save the trolling accusation for your next mirror talk. 

41 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

You obviously cannot see that you're the one who put an emphasis on "NOT", that's the the part where you're injecting your opinion on the piece. 

But I was trolling for calling him out lol. 

FFS. 

44 minutes ago, David said:

And here you are showing imho a very narrow view as this has nothing to do with focus on Tesla

The narrow focus was made by your “NOT” emphasis but whatever you do, don’t actually admit to $h!. That’s the M.O. around here lately. No one has to admit to anything as long as they can deflect it onto others. Thanks for proving that. 

Edited by surreal1272

And speaking of “taken out of context”, while you focused my calling you out for the “NOT” remark, you conveniently skipped over my very first sentence so let me refresh your memory. 

This isn't news to anyone in the last few years. Hyundai and Kia have made sure of that, along with Porsche and a few others.”

The point there was that the “news” you passed along has been known by everyone here for the last few years, hence my statement about you seeking yet another “gotcha” moment against Tesla. 

But sure, I’m trolling lol. 

• Agree 1

GM has introduced China to the full size SUV and Truck world with a focus on the Chevrolet Silverado EV that has gathered much excitement and requests for order.

The Durant Guild Expands Iconic Portfolio at 2023 China International Import Expo (gm.com.cn)

• Haha 1

Is it possible to know the disposition of a vehicle a person once had?  By the VIN or other information?  I'm not expecting an obit, but maybe the date (and geographic location) where it was junked, scrapped, etc.

Edited by trinacriabob

2 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Is it possible to know the disposition of a vehicle a person once had?  By the VIN or other information?  I'm not expecting an obit, but maybe the date (and geographic location) where it was junked, scrapped, etc.

Try this: VIN Decoder | NHTSA

There are also various sites that charge but will search all federal, state, and county records for you. Some like this site charge just 1 dollar.

Home - US Vehicle Reports (vehiclehistory.us.org)

This is the search I did to find this information.

How to tell the history of an auto by the vin - Search (bing.com)

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2023 at 2:43 PM, ccap41 said:

I'm sure there is a substantial price difference...

Good morning ...

20231104_101838.thumb.jpg.176dab393c371fdf762fa3cdad8e5a8a.jpg

How about a brief Italian lesson in Subaru speak from these brochures I picked when I had my rented SEAT Tarraco SUV that I reviewed when I got home?  For this Outback, the bold type means "an unforgettable new journey."

20231104_101904.thumb.jpg.9d76ef86e32d43c35540160a81a62e10.jpg

For this Forester, the bold type means "ready for everything."

Edited by trinacriabob

Interesting read,  very true that there is a lack of training for sales folks on how to sell EVs.

https://www.businessinsider.com/car-dealers-love-electric-cars-just-dont-cant-convince-shoppers-2023-11

On 11/18/2023 at 7:16 PM, trinacriabob said:

I've used carfax and just google searches of the VIN to find info on past cars I've owned... found out my '00 Grand Cherokee I sold in Phoenix in 2017 turned up at a Copart lot in Tuscon 6 months later, and that the '88 Bronco II I traded for that Jeep in 2000 was registered in a small town in Colorado until 2003.   Also found out my brother's Ranger that sold at the farm auction in 2022 appeared on a nearby used car lot a few month later, at 50% markup.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

I've used carfax and just google searches of the VIN to find info on past cars I've owned... found out my '00 Grand Cherokee I sold in Phoenix in 2017 turned up at a Copart lot in Tuscon 6 months later, and that the '88 Bronco II I traded for that Jeep in 2000 was registered in a small town in Colorado until 2003.   Also found out my brother's Ranger that sold at the farm auction in 2022 appeared on a nearby used car lot a few month later, at 50% markup.

I'm almost sure my '84 Cutlass Supreme Brougham is no longer in existence, but wonder about my '92 Regal that I gave to charity while still running like a champ.  A friend of mine told me he later saw it being driven around, given its less common silver and burgundy combination.  I'd like to know how long it stayed on the roads after the donation.

• Like 1

I was having some decaf and doing the laptop thing at Starbucks last night, only to learn that former First Lady Rosalynn Carter passed away.  That was sad news.  In my lifetime, and in my limited knowledge, she might rank the highest on the "class act" factor among the women who have held the role of First Lady.  Thank you for all your contributions to society ... and may she RIP.

OIP.KxA1R3WoUyevqHY38OOp8gHaGq?pid=ImgDe

I am now pushing for Jimmy Carter, who I see would become a centenarian next October 1, to keep on keeping on.  He is surrounded by a big family and many friends.  I always push for our 99-year-old VIPs who have been good folks to keep going and join that group.

• Like 2

To keep things positive, I left that post as a stand-alone.

Jimmy Carter governed at an unusual time, though less unusual than today, and he was in office when there was that curious period of "stagflation," something we studied in an upper division macro-econ course.  Stagnation and inflation rarely coexist.  Also, since his background was in engineering, it has been said that he needed to take a bigger picture view of situations whereas he had a tendency to gravitate toward detail.  Well, he was initially an engineer.

- - - - -

Now, if we had to choose who might rank the lowest on the "class act" factor for an American First Lady, you get three guesses and the first two don't count.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Now, if we had to choose who might rank the lowest on the "class act" factor for an American First Lady, you get three guesses and the first two don't count.

Not so much as "class act" for an American First Lady because all in all, American First ladies have proven to be class acts over all. Regardless of what shenanigans, real or imagined spewed by politically biased morons tell the world...  

Humans are flawed...  nobody is perfect.    He who has not sinned may cast the first stone type deal here...  Anyhoo...

But...what I want to say...many religious politcally biased morons have chastized witchy witch Hillary Clinton when she said she "stands by her man"  when her man was caught smoking in the boys room so to speak... 

But those same religious political extremist morons do NOT return the favour when it comes to Mrs Donald J. Trump.    Good ole Arkansas boy Slick Willie has MAJOR philanderer competition with bad boy from New York City Donnie.   But the hypocrisy of that subset of the religious right repubs just baffles my mind. 

Again...not so much judgement on my part for the First Ladies of America, but extreme hatred for the hypocrisy of political morons in your country ESPECIALLY those that dare call themselves "Christians".     I dont know what they could call themselves, but believers and  followers of Jesus Christ and His "teachens" they are not! 

Hallelujah!   Praise the Lord! 

Thoughts and prayers to EVERYone!!! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Not so much as "class act" for an American First Lady because all in all, American First ladies have proven to be class acts over all. Regardless of what shenanigans, real or imagined spewed by politically biased morons tell the world...  

Humans are flawed...  nobody is perfect.    He who has not sinned may cast the first stone type deal here...  Anyhoo...

But...what I want to say...many religious politcally biased morons have chastized witchy witch Hillary Clinton when she said she "stands by her man"  when her man was caught smoking in the boys room so to speak... 

But those same religious political extremist morons do NOT return the favour when it comes to Mrs Donald J. Trump.    Good ole Arkansas boy Slick Willie has MAJOR philanderer competition with bad boy from New York City Donnie.   But the hypocrisy of that subset of the religious right repubs just baffles my mind. 

Again...not so much judgement on my part for the First Ladies of America, but extreme hatred for the hypocrisy of political morons in your country ESPECIALLY those that dare call themselves "Christians".     I dont know what they could call themselves, but believers and  followers of Jesus Christ and His "teachens" they are not! 

Hallelujah!   Praise the Lord! 

Thoughts and prayers to EVERYone!!! 

I have to laugh as I heard a couple of hard core centrist GOP that have stated the GOP party is now the Party of Tax, wife and business cheats. 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Educational 1