Tesla Plans Pop-Up Stores For the Summer

While Tesla is fighting for the right to sell vehicles direct to consumers in many states, the automaker will also be selling the Model S in new and temporary locations.

Fortune reports that Tesla will be opening mobile container stores in various locations this summer with the first location being Santa Barbara, CA during the Memorial Day holiday. Why is Tesla doing this? They hope to lure in wealthy customers to a vehicle during their summer vacation.

The mobile stores themselves are situated in two shipping containers and takes a few hours to setup. Once setup, the mobile stores look like the standard stores with a neutral gray and bright red paint scheme, along with a Model S.

The next stop for Tesla's pop-up store is in the Hamptons. After that, Tesla is keeping quiet on that.

Source: Fortune

View full article

Pop-up stores?

Pop in 1 place...stick around for a couple of days...then pack up and leave and on to the next location?

Kinda like a carnival/circus where all kinds of weird sideshow people entertain you?

My my...is that how I should think about a Tesla Model S now? Like a freak show?

Just kidding....That sounds like an interesting idea...but vacationing rich people...do they think about cars while on vacation enough to actually "waste" their vacation time looking to spend more money already on a vehicle purchase that they havent already thought of...because rich people...the car enthusiasts...or even the green enviro types...would have already bought themselves the "in" Tesla...the rest of the rich people....that havent bought a Tesla...yet...its because their current car has not been amortized yet....and while on vacation....I dont see them taking the time to crunch the numbers...you know...if its viable of them to spend money on a new...."toy" They are on vacation...after all...

I dont know if you guys understand what I mean....but I made my opinion...if need be...Ill explain it better later...

I actually think this will backfire on Tesla. I do not think this will help them grow their sales.

To me this cheapens their appeal and makes them look like a cheap her today gone tomorrow tonic potion salesman of the 1800's. Would you want to trust a company that shows up, takes your 100K dollars and is gone tomorrow with no physical location to go to?

Just sounds bad to me. :stupid:

All I could think of while reading this was an Only Fools & Horses sort of set-up. I.E two guys selling dodgy knocked off merchandise out of a suitcase in the middle of a market.

I really cannot see this being succesfull.

I actually think this will backfire on Tesla. I do not think this will help them grow their sales.

To me this cheapens their appeal and makes them look like a cheap her today gone tomorrow tonic potion salesman of the 1800's. Would you want to trust a company that shows up, takes your 100K dollars and is gone tomorrow with no physical location to go to?

Just sounds bad to me. :stupid:

I agree with this.  I think people that are interested already know where to look for a Tesla, this will just make them look desperate, and maybe a bit cheap given the limits of a store created with cargo containers.