Poll: Up votes/Down Votes

Opinion on Up votes / Down Votes  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want voting to remain anonymous as it currently is, who see who voted as you can with Facebook's "Like" system?

• Remain Anonymous
    • See who voted
  2. 2. If we change it so everyone can see who voted, would you care that it would show all voting results ever cast?

• Yes
    • No

And then someone here (who will be too much of a pussy to admit it) decided to downvote my last seven posts. You kids can have this juvenile non-sense. Let the victims play the victims and let the hypocrites be the hypocrites. I have better things to do than this middle school BS.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I simply do not care who it is (even though I do know in this case and I know it wasn't you. It was Burnt_valve_LS7). I simply have bigger fish to fry in my life than some random internet troll. If people just want to take a good site like this and turn into the same juvenile BS I see on Facebook, then I want no part of it. From people who think they know who I am to this down vote non-sense, it is just childish. It's a simple result of the same trolls who ruined one site with their non-sense and are now bringing that mess here. And yes, I realize that I contributed in some way but I am still allowed to post at certain sites while some others have brought over their ban worthy attitude over here. That is all I'm saying about this. You may now commence to calling me a hypocrite, arguing for arguments sake or whatever else floats your boat. I just simply do not care when I have much more important things to deal with.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

With all this popularity voting drama, I swear I am in some kind of female high school facebook nightmare, that never ends.

Who cares about vote counts!!!!!!

With all this popularity voting drama, I swear I am in some kind of female high school facebook nightmare, that never ends.

To be honest...you do.

YOU keep on down voting...and YOU were the one to whine to Drew about it in the first place...

I also care about it...but NOT on a personal level...its more of a politeness issue that I have.

Generally speaking and NOT aimed at you Wings...this next part of my speech.

Ahem....ladies and gentlemen:

:soapbox:

If you are gonna down vote somebody....at least let it be known to the person you gleefully down vote as to why you are doing such a thing...its a discussion forum...have the courtesy to...discuss...

It became a pet peeve of mine this down voting thing when Drew pointed out that there are some that abuse it...I was one to abuse it...but ONLY in retaliation...but most of that time I also explained why I did what I did...

Now I just get mad when I see a down vote on somebody's post...and no explanation as to why that down vote came to be...

And no...it aint about MY down votes...I dont have that many to begin with...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

To be honest...you do.

YOU keep on down voting...and YOU were the one to whine to Drew about it in the first place...

I also care about it...but NOT on a personal level...its more of a politeness issue that I have.

If you are gonna down vote somebody....at least let it be known to the person you gleefully down vote as to why you are doing such a thing...its a discussion forum...have the courtesy to...discuss...

It became a pet peeve of mine this down voting thing when Drew pointed out that there are some that abuse it...I was one to abuse it...but ONLY in retaliation...but most of that time I also explained why I did what I did...

Now I just get mad when I see a down vote on somebody's post...and no explanation as to why that down vote came to be...

No, sorry olds, you are wrong.

I inquired about voting when I first got here, did not understand how it worked, learned, and have not said a word about being downvoted since - because I don't care like some drama queens here.  I certainly don't follow up a downvote post with a complaint about it, like some here do.  And I do mention the downvotes, like I recently did to surreal and earlier to bong and will again.

But make no mistake, if I see whining and trolling, it will get downvoted.

Plain and simple

But good God man, people need to get over themselves about this voting crap.  Who cares.  If you deserve it, you get it.

Edited by Wings4Life

To be honest...you do.

No, sorry olds, you are wrong.

I inquired about voting when I first got here, did not understand how it worked, learned, and have not said a word about it since.  I certainly don't follow up a post with a complaint about a vote, like some here do.  And I do mention the downvotes, like I dust did to surreal and earlier to bong.

But make no mistake, if I see whining and trolling, it will get downvoted.

Plain and simple

That is cool...just let it be known as to why you are down voting...

Like I said...its about courtesy...and THAT way...I too can be a judge on whether that person YOU down voted was a troll or...YOU are the troll...

Its easy to paint somebody a troll with a blanket statement...AND JUST add a down vote to THAT post....

But with an explanation as to why YOU think THAT person was/is a troll with trollish remarks with VALID explanations...Ill have a better understanding of the issue at hand...and maybe side with YOU...from time to time...

Without that explanation though....

But about that explanation....if its not a very good thought process...it might backfire on you...and THAT is why I HATE the down voting system WITHOUT explanations...its EASY to hide from anonymity...and its frustrating to see a more or less good thoughtful post get down voted...

And you see Wings...sometimes I get pissed when I see YOUR posts get downvoted...because sometimes..YOU MAKE GOOD POINTS TOO...

Im all about being fair...

Edited by oldshurst442

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

.....and olds, where was all your anger focused, back when you were downvoting me at the drop of a hat or even recently?

Sorry my Ethnic friend, but we all appear to be hypocrites at times.

I know I have been.

Edited by Wings4Life

.....and olds, where was all your anger focused, back when you were downvoting me at the drop of a hat or even recently?

I know I have been.

I stopped down voting a looooooong time ago...

You see Wings...this is a case of mistaken identity...

NOW YOU SEE WHY I  HATE THE DOWN VOTES WITHOUT EXPLANATIONS!!!

PS: I have admitted...once again...that I have down voted you in the past as retaliation with no mercy....but that was a looooooong time ago...

Hypocrite...I am not...

Open book...I am...

I am quite vocal about this down voting thing...

EVERYBODY knows where I stand on the topic...

and yet again...I will admit to me down voting YOU feverishly...but THAT was a loooooong time ago...and Drew UPVOTED my down votes to you...as per YOUR admittance...

To have Lord Tourettes laugh at us!!!

Arent you ashamed?

That publicly...people are actually laughing at us???!!!

Edited by oldshurst442

I know a do a lot of face palming...

That deserves an up vote...

Excuse me while I hide my face in shame...

635711312603651950-1184551411_cat.imgopt

yes...cute pic...I might as well post something humorous as to not make this into more of  a drab thread than it already is...

Edited by oldshurst442

I know a do a lot of face palming...

That deserves an up vote...

Excuse me while I hide my face in shame...

635711312603651950-1184551411_cat.imgopt

yes...cute pic...I might as well post something humorous as to not make this into more of  a drab thread than it already is...

My pup fell asleep on my lap like that the other week. I thought it was adorable.

post-13318-0-49296400-1442620256_thumb.j

• Agree 1

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

I know I have been.

I stopped down voting a looooooong time ago...

You see Wings...this is a case of mistaken identity...

NOW YOU SEE WHY I  HATE THE DOWN VOTES WITHOUT EXPLANATIONS!!!

PS: I have admitted...once again...that I have down voted you in the past as retaliation with no mercy....but that was a looooooong time ago...

Hypocrite...I am not...

Open book...I am...

I am quite vocal about this down voting thing...

EVERYBODY knows where I stand on the topic...

and yet again...I will admit to me down voting YOU feverishly...but THAT was a loooooong time ago...and Drew UPVOTED my down votes to you...as per YOUR admittance...

To have Lord Tourettes laugh at us!!!

Arent you ashamed?

That publicly...people are actually laughing at us???!!!

Lord Tourettes......that is pretty freaking hilarious.

And you are so right and sorry for my previous remark.

All's good I hope.

Oh, and full disclosure, I downvoted bong twice today, once for a rude and unnecessary comment about 'idiots in a room' and once for taking an un-needed swipe at Ford Mustang yet again, when nobody was on the topic, and there was a simple conversation about too much power for todays drivers.  He did not mention Ford, but he has repeated the same things sooooooo often in the past, his words were clear and certainly un-necessary.

I downvoted bong twice today, once for a rude and unnecessary comment about 'idiots in a room' and once for taking an un-needed swipe at Ford Mustang yet again, when nobody was on the topic, and there was a simple conversation about too much power for todays drivers.  He did not mention Ford, but he has repeated the same things sooooooo often in the past, his words were clear and certainly un-necessary.

Well, I mean... Seriously.

How could you NOT get a downvote for such foolishness?

You're over a half-century old, and you're not a tree. Time to grow up :P

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is a system possible, where everyone is allocated a certain number of -1's each week - for example, 3? So each week, a person can only downvote three times? 

That's actually a pretty good compromise against the folks who spend their whole time here doing nothing but down voting.

• Agree 1

So seriously, what is being done here? For some reason, it only lets me vote one way or the other each day but it's really longer than that. Up until today, I wasn't able to either for days. Meanwhile certain posters just sit on their votes until certain other posters say something they take a slight to. Again, the system is broken. Just my two cents.

• Agree 1

Your count looks pretty steady to me.

In the meantime, I wouldn't be too concerned about how the votes are tallied or allotted. Just read the comments themselves, and it quickly becomes apparent that everyone still knows what's what.

In two weeks it went from 25 to 6 because of two posters here.

wow.

So some are still whining about their score.

sheesh

Say the one who started all the whining months ago when he and Olds were going back and forth. Hello pot. Have we met before?

What I stated was an honest observation of a flawed system. If you want to consider that "whining", then that is your problem.

To quote Ron White, "Next time you have a thought, let it go" (see the Expy thread as a perfect example of this)

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

This is a thing? Seriously? We're not in a popularity contest. If you guys have a problem being disagreed with or "spited", you shouldn't be on a forum. Personally, if I riled someone's feathers enough to be down-voted on a whim, I'd feel accomplished. We don't all need to agree with each other as long as we're not continuously flinging our $h! back and forth like monkeys... and that's when Drew steps in to hand out virtual spankings. Pretty simple, I'd say. ;)

• Agree 3

If you guys have a problem being disagreed with or "spited", you shouldn't be on a forum. Personally, if I riled someone's feathers enough to be down-voted on a whim, I'd feel accomplished.

I WANT disagreement.

Problem is....there are some people that just downvote...WITHOUT explanation...

Personally, if that person just does NOT agree with what I have to say enough to downvote me...I expect a reason as to why he would waste enough energy reading my post and then downvoting it...

There is an ignore feature in the forums, right?

Just ignore what I have to say if what I have to say bothers you that you have to not like it...seems stupid to me in today's society where we  dont like an opinion because its different only to downvote it because we dont like it...

So as to downvote in spite...is kinda stupid...therefore THAT does not belong in an internet forum...n'est ce pas?

We don't all need to agree with each other

We DONT need to agree with each other. But that also means we should also DISCUSS...

Personally, if I riled someone's feathers enough to be down-voted on a whim, I'd feel accomplished.

That is also called trolling...something that is not wanted by me on ANY forum...

That would be from whatever angle...

One angle is when someone says preposterous thngs JUST to rile someone...just to feel accomplished...

The other angle would be the person just downvoting JUST to rile someone's feathers...

Both angles are TROLLING...

Both angles dont add much to ANY conversation...so what is the point in having a discussion then?

I am happy with the downvoting system...it keeps trolls at bay.

What I dont like is when an honest to goodness opinion gets downvoted...and THAT is fine too...but when an honest to goodness opinion gets downvoted...explanations are in order...because at the end of the day...we are ALL entitled to an opinion...

How effin pretentious is it when I offer an opinion and it gets downvoted because the person downvoting does not like what I have to say?

Add insult to injury...no reason is given...

You dont see how effed up THAT is?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

If you guys have a problem being disagreed with or "spited", you shouldn't be on a forum. Personally, if I riled someone's feathers enough to be down-voted on a whim, I'd feel accomplished.

I WANT disagreement.

Problem is....there are some people that just downvote...WITHOUT explanation...

Personally, if that person just does NOT agree with what I have to say enough to downvote me...I expect a reason as to why he would waste enough energy reading my post and then downvoting it...

There is an ignore feature in the forums, right?

Just ignore what I have to say if what I have to say bothers you that you have to not like it...seems stupid to me in today's society where we  dont like an opinion because its different only to downvote it because we dont like it...

So as to downvote in spite...is kinda stupid...therefore THAT does not belong in an internet forum...n'est ce pas?

We don't all need to agree with each other

We DONT need to agree with each other. But that also means we should also DISCUSS...

Personally, if I riled someone's feathers enough to be down-voted on a whim, I'd feel accomplished.

That is also called trolling...something that is not wanted by me on ANY forum...

That would be from whatever angle...

One angle is when someone says preposterous thngs JUST to rile someone...just to feel accomplished...

The other angle would be the person just downvoting JUST to rile someone's feathers...

Both angles are TROLLING...

Both angles dont add much to ANY conversation...so what is the point in having a discussion then?

I am happy with the downvoting system...it keeps trolls at bay.

What I dont like is when an honest to goodness opinion gets downvoted...and THAT is fine too...but when an honest to goodness opinion gets downvoted...explanations are in order...because at the end of the day...we are ALL entitled to an opinion...

How effin pretentious is it when I offer an opinion and it gets downvoted because the person downvoting does not like what I have to say?

Add insult to injury...no reason is given...

You dont see how effed up THAT is?

^^^This but certain don't care what you have to say, valid or not. They just stand by their laptops and wait to down vote your next post just because they can. It is just childish, which is why we are at the point we are with it now. I don't give two $h!s if those children don't get it either. That's why they are called "children".

Guy.

You just have to roll with it. We all know that the rep scores go up and down, but when there are only two guys firmly anchored in the red then you know that everyone's in on the joke. Just laugh at them. That's what everyone else is doing, right? :D

Guy.

You just have to roll with it. We all know that the rep scores go up and down, but when there are only two guys firmly anchored in the red then you know that everyone's in on the joke. Just laugh at them. That's what everyone else is doing, right? :D

Honestly, it's not the voting that is the problem and I have stated this before. It's the attitude of certain folks and I am simply done with them. That is all.

This is a thing? Seriously? We're not in a popularity contest. If you guys have a problem being disagreed with or "spited", you shouldn't be on a forum. Personally, if I riled someone's feathers enough to be down-voted on a whim, I'd feel accomplished. We don't all need to agree with each other as long as we're not continuously flinging our $h! back and forth like monkeys... and that's when Drew steps in to hand out virtual spankings. Pretty simple, I'd say. ;)

..there are three people who get super riled up over this and it doesn't make any sense to me either.. Apparently it bothers them enough to ask for it to either go away or be changed, more than once.

• Agree 1