Honda Odyssey fire video

Here's some video caught by an amateur photographer of a Honda Odyssey that burst into flames on the Long Island Expressway in New York a week ago. If you watch the video closely, the fire appears to be electrical since it starts in the cabin rather than under the hood (the headlights are on for a while). The mother and toddler that were riding in the van got out unharmed.

Video Link http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/1005...f2a/4-30-06.zip

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16051517

Edited by mustang84

The CO2 emissions coming out of that thing must equal a million Civic hybrids...

It's a good thing the mother and toddler got out, particularly with power sliding doors. I wonder if it came from an aftermarket-wired DVD player or something.

So......

Honda's go on fire. Toyota's have gears that don't exist and engines that sludge. And GM uses OHV engines in some of their cars.

I'll take GM.

Thank God I rarely use the LIE with my current job.

And GM uses OHV engines in some of their cars.

Ah yes! Because that's the only thing wrong with GM's :) . Don't even get me started on our '04 Sierra. Let's just say, it has had to be towed once and has already had two seperate warranty visits to two different dealers. That's just in the last 3 months. It's only at 20k miles.

Yes, but has the fire department scraped it's remains off the asphalt of a NY highway?

Guy I know is ready to buy his 4th Chevy truck in as many years, and he could buy Chevy's entire catalog if he wanted to. No problems with any beyond a fuel injector recall.

Yes, but has the fire department scraped it's remains off the asphalt of a NY highway?

Guy I know is ready to buy his 4th Chevy truck in as many years, and he could buy Chevy's entire catalog if he wanted to. No problems with any beyond a fuel injector recall.

I have been on the LIE great distances twice this weekend and I didn't see Honda residue :AH-HA_wink: We usually have clean highways (from car stuff, not from morons who throw junk out their windows)

Ah yes! Because that's the only thing wrong with GM's  :) . Don't even get me started on our '04 Sierra. Let's just say, it has had to be towed once and has already had two seperate warranty visits to two different dealers. That's just in the last 3 months. It's only at 20k miles.

And just to add, the transmission problem is still there, despite the dealer supposedly "fixing" it. :hissyfit:

Knowing that the Mom & child are safe, I was grinning like

a freekin' Cheshire Cat the whole time I watched that

video. It's like Christmas in May. Nice to see one of these

bug-eyed blob-mobiles off the road permenantly. I wish

I could be there to celebrate with a fine cigar when that

deathtrap was crushed.

I'd love to have driven by this Nipponese-inferno in an 85

Fiero and laughed all the way home.

Edited by Sixty8panther

I'm glad to that the occupants got out safe. Sure, it's a Honda, and almost everyone here doesn't like them...but still...it's sad to see any car go up in flames like that. I even felt bad for an Aztek that caught fire.

...gonna put a fire extinguisher in my car tomorrow...

I'm glad to that the occupants got out safe. Sure, it's a Honda, and almost everyone here doesn't like them...but still...it's sad to see any car go up in flames like that. I even felt bad for an Aztek that caught fire.

...gonna put a fire extinguisher in my car tomorrow...

yea!!! the end of another overrated honda!!! that needs to be posted on all honda forums. not the first time i have heard of odysseys burning. good riddance.

Edited by grandmarquis

Dear Honda:

Can you please install Odyssey wiring harnesses into every

Element & Ridgeline you make? You know that way you

can be sure the life cycle of the car will be shortened and

the plastic panels will be "recycled" in a quick manner. Also

please stop selling cars that have Temper Tantrums.

Thank You

-Silvester Hondasux

P.S. Cab Forward went out of style eight years ago, perhaps

you didn't get the memo. :wink:

It's funny how a video of a burning Honda can make some of you guys act like little children again. :hissyfit:

For all we know, the driver could have been trying to light a cigarette while driving and started the fire.

Edited by siegen

YAY! Lets all be immature and laugh childishly at the destruction of another person's property, which included the possibility that someone was hurt. All because we dont like the car they're driving. I hope every Camaro on the planet bursts into flames tomorrow. Dont park 'em too close to the mobile home, you never know....