Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Nissan News: 2016 Nissan Altima Makes Small Changes

The Nissan Altima is the second-best selling model in the midsize sedan class. But in a class so competitive where new models are introduced every couple of months, no one rests. Case in point is Nissan introducing a refreshed version of the Altima for the 2016 model year.

Nissan is pulling some design cues from the new Maxima to use on the Altima. They include a new front fascia with V-shaped grille and LED headlights. Around back are a set of wider taillights. Nissan is quick to point out 2016 model boasts a 10 percent improvement in coefficient of drag, which is said to improve fuel economy. The interior largely stays the same except a new five-inch screen for the infotainment system comes standard on most trims, while a seven-inch screen is an option.

The Altima's powertrains remain unchanged. That means a 2.5L four-cylinder with 183 horsepower and 180 pound-feet of torque, and a 3.5-liter V6 with 270 horsepower and 251 pound-feet. Both engines come paired with a CVT. In terms of fuel economy, the 2.5L is rated 27 City/39 Highway (Mazda6 equipped with i-Eloop beats it by achiviing 40 MPG on the Highway), and 22 City/32 Highway for the 3.5L V6.

New for the 2016 Altima is the introduction of the SR trim. Available with either engine, the SR offers unique wheels and rear spoiler for the exterior and a set of paddle shifters and a leather-wrapped steering wheel for the interior. Nissan says the SR model gets unique suspension tuning that reduces body roll by 20 percent over non-SR models.

Nissan isn't saying how much the 2016 Altima will cost, but does say the model will go on sale later this year.

Source: Nissan

2016 Nissan Altima 4
Album: 2016 Nissan Altima
9 images
0 comments

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

Current Nissan face without the bizarre overdone-ness of the Maxima and Murano, or the dowdiness of the Versa sedan and Sentra.  Best looking Nissan product right now.

• Upvote 1

Im of the opposite opinion...

Although this face on the Altima does look cleaner than Maxima's and Pathfinder's face...I dont think that new Altima face  looks good on that Altima body...as where the Maxima face...effed up as it is...goes nicely with all the other crazy things the Maxima's lines do...

I dont like that Altima...but somehow...I LOVE the Maxima...so Maxima for me please!!!

I think I know why I dont like the 2016 Altima...its BO-RING!

It's no beauty, but at least it's not staggeringly ugly like the new Maxima.  The rear looks a little forced.  It's a cautious update, befitting the segment.

• Upvote 1

Improvement.  They also fixed the taillamps I hated.

:puke: Great they took the Butt Ugly Maxima style and put it on the bland Altima and now both are just :puke: