CT6 Build & Price: Configurator is Up

2016-ct6-sedan-highlights-masthead-1280x

MSRP starting at $87,465

Destination Freight Charge $995

OPTIONS CRYSTAL WHITE TRICOAT $995

Very Light Cashmere with Maple Sugar Accents, Semi-Aniline Full Leather Seats with Chevron perforated inserts with high-gloss Cafe Noir Eucalyptus wood trim/high-gloss Cafe au Lait Eucalyptus wood trim $0 20" 5-split spoke aluminum with Manoogian Silver premium painted finish and 5 chrome inserts $0 Engine, 3.0L Twin Turbo $0 Transmission, 8-speed automatic $0 Seats, 20-way front bucket for driver and front passenger $0 Illuminated trunk sill plates Remove $325 Ground Effects Package Remove $2,190 Flush-mounted rear spoiler Remove $495

OPTIONS TOTAL $4,005

TOTAL MSRP $96,470

PRICE $96,470*

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

Is it my ignorance or is this the first time of hearing the actual numbers on the 3.0TT? 400/400 is awesome! ESPECIALLY if they decide later on a V Series.

Building one and came across a "dark emerald metallic". Holy hell that color is awesome. I still don't think I could get it on this car but it is still an AWESOME color.

Whew, I tried to even be a litle generous but I built one the way I'd probably have it and it was 79k. That is the 3.0TT, Premium package, 20's(that come with active ride control and magnetic ride suspension), then Driver's assist package(really just want active cruise control..never driven a vehicle with it). Oh, I think I also added the 2100 ground effects kit as well that is probably easily taken off but it gives it a little more aggressive and lowered look.

Edited by ccap41

I would want that grounds effect package. It looks bad ass.. and obviously lowers the car without actually lowering it. The TT3.0L Platinum would be my choice until the rumored TTV8 appears or Hybrid. I think that is gonna be the real ticket.

I see what Cadillac has done now on pricing and its a doozy. Despite its entry price it is quite easy to reach LS460 Pricing and I truly believe the TTV8 (VSport?) could reach as high up as where the 750i stops around $125K. Any one who believes that this $54K price is anything but a classic bait and switch is naive and probably lives at home with their mom and dad.

What just happened is Cadillac just put out a helluva luxury vehicle for a cost that could quite possibly crash the luxo market . This is not Hyundai and their Genesis or Equ trying to move up market. This is a Cadillac offering a vehicle that is a tour de force of technology in a luxury wrapper with a luxury name.

Cadillac gave us a seriously special luxury car that will be compared to and seen as an ACTUAL competitor to the vaulted, over-priced S-Class, for even with a comparable power-train for $12K less. For me there has only been ONE way to buy this car. Platinum TT3.0L Baby.. or better

My CT6 came in at $90,040 dollars with the AWD TTV6 engine as a platinum package.

My ESV Platinum Escalade in Majestic Plum Metallic comes in at $100,691. Lovely, simply lovely.

Over $90k is steep for a car that starts at $55k, and isn't giving you a V8 either for that price either.    I suspect most of the sales will the the 3.6 liter V6 model for around $60k, which will give XTS buyers a place to go when the XTS dies, even though it costs more.

2016-ct6-sedan-highlights-masthead-1280x

MSRP starting at $87,465
Destination Freight Charge $995
OPTIONS CRYSTAL WHITE TRICOAT $995
Very Light Cashmere with Maple Sugar Accents, Semi-Aniline Full Leather Seats with Chevron perforated inserts with high-gloss Cafe Noir Eucalyptus wood trim/high-gloss Cafe au Lait Eucalyptus wood trim $0 20" 5-split spoke aluminum with Manoogian Silver premium painted finish and 5 chrome inserts $0 Engine, 3.0L Twin Turbo $0 Transmission, 8-speed automatic $0 Seats, 20-way front bucket for driver and front passenger $0 Illuminated trunk sill plates Remove $325 Ground Effects Package Remove $2,190 Flush-mounted rear spoiler Remove $495
OPTIONS TOTAL $4,005
TOTAL MSRP $96,470
PRICE $96,470*

I have to say that picture of it there shows it the best. Very sharp in black too.

Over $90k is steep for a car that starts at $55k, and isn't giving you a V8 either for that price either.    I suspect most of the sales will the the 3.6 liter V6 model for around $60k, which will give XTS buyers a place to go when the XTS dies, even though it costs more.

And again with the typical dump fest by you. MB and BMW have no room to talk about packaging and related pricing. The CT6 with the TTV6 starts at the same price as the smaller E-Class BiTurbo V6, that has less horsepower and weighs more. Explain to me again how this pricing is worse than MB when you understand what you are getting here?

• Agree 1

A $41K range is nothing in this tier and you know it. 

No one cares about cylinders, just power.

This car is at least a class and a half above the XTS- and my prediction is most sales will be in the mid-range, or $75K sticker. 

• Agree 2

A $41K range is nothing in this tier and you know it. 

No one cares about cylinders, just power.

This car is at least a class and a half above the XTS- and my prediction is most sales will be in the mid-range, or $75K sticker. 

Yup. I was thinking the same thing. Cadillac should be on its sales and marketing staff to pull people in with the LGX, but ultimately push them for a test drive of the LGW and getting them to go $65K to start.. which will lead in to some pretty nice upgrades. 

If I didn't kno any better.. I would swear Cadillac is looking to steal buyers from Lexus (LS) to BMW (6GC and 7) to Benz (CLS and S-Class) with this one car.

And yeah Surreal.. the black looks Boss. It reminds me of the Escalade

• Agree 2

E-Class starts at 52k and can be built up over 80k before the AMG.  *whisper* that also doesn't get you a V8 at 80k. Weird..they both offer 3.0TT.

I, too, assume most sales will be the middle egine, like almost every vehicle ever sold.

• Agree 1

It gives you more, and a better car for less money. I was concerned from the price announcements that they weren't going to have a luxury price spread from standard engine upgrade trims and fully loaded trims levels. Refreshing to see that Cadillac did actually set expectations to reality.

This car is excellent. Everyone here (this forum) would want a top-shelf model, and I want Cadillac to convert buyers.

You definitely get what you pay for, and by that I mean you get less lard, more power and more all-around excellence. And, it's imported from Detroit. 

• Agree 1

I would just go crazy and checkmark all the boxes. So rather than do that I decided to let Car and Driver spec it out the way they would have it and lo and behold, they didn't do too bad:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/how-wed-spec-it-our-2016-cadillac-ct6-a-hot-rod-with-a-sound-system/

About the only thing I'd still try and avoid is the gonzo sunroof. But since it appears to be a part of an option package I guess I'll take it. Still, you figure that eliminating it could probably save you some weight up high and a grand or so...

Edited by El Kabong

I would just go crazy and checkmark all the boxes. So rather than do that I decided to let Car and Driver spec it out the way they would have it and lo and behold, they didn't do too bad:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/how-wed-spec-it-our-2016-cadillac-ct6-a-hot-rod-with-a-sound-system/

About the only thing I'd still try and avoid is the gonzo sunroof. But since it appears to be a part of an option package I guess I'll take it. Still, you figure that eliminating it could probably save you some weight up high and a grand or so...

I'd want to eliminate the gonzo roof as well. Personally, I think sunroofs and panorama roofs like in m Escape are such a waste of money. Literally, the only time I use it is to show it off to people..that's the only cool thing about it. Other than that they cost more, less head room(not a personal issue as I'm on the shorter side - 5'8" ) and down the road seals will eventually leak. There just seem like way more downsides to them than upsides.

I can only think of the ground effects kit that I added other than what C&D did. I guess I have decent taste..lol

To be fair there aren't many ways to go wrong with a car like this. I would imagine that many/most of them will be pimped-out Platinums, because that's how the segment tends to go. But it's pretty cool to know that for the low-to-mid 70s American you can have a properly large, quick, and luxurious Cadillac sedan that has equal or superior chassis engineering than he Germans.

Honestly.. I could rock the 2.0T, with the 20's(that come with the active chassis and magnetic ride) and it would probably be one heck of a car. Wouldn't fast, but this isn't a small car. Nobody should be going 100mph+ in this even if it can handle it, the owners won't be able to. So that's what, 60k? I can't imagine a "bare bones" Cadillac is actually "bare bones" anymore. We just like to add other cool things. Heck, It probably has more than my Escape Titanium in its base trim. I think we underestimate how good the base models are because we, as enthusiasts, always want the extra go-fast parts.