Would You Rather: ZL1 vs Hellcat Edition

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Would You Rather Have?

• New Camaro ZL1
    • Challenger Hellcat

Another 'WYR' installment comes courtesy of MT, this one I think more in line with the kind of cars that have big fans around here. 

Here is the MT piece- http://www.motortrend.com/news/totd-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat/

So it's simple, would you rather have....

The new ZL1 Camaro

2017-chevy-camar-zl1004-1.jpg

Or the Challenger Hellcat?

2015-Dodge-Challenger-Srt-Hellcat-Wallpa

Yep, i saw this yesterday as well. It's a good one because a lot of people don't care about how much better of a "driver's car" the Camaro is or the better power:weight ratio but they want the larger and more useful on a daily basis, Challenger.

While I don't have kids though give me the Camaro and 10 cameras and a 40 inch screen to replace the windshield because it's useless anyway. Let me "play" the ZL1 video game style but with real g-forces! 

324C039F-9C80-4FF6-90E2-B547C5EFAEF8_zps

And to be honest, the Camaro isn't the penalty box it's made out to be. If it was it wouldn't have been the sales monster it was during the Zeta era, when the sight lines were actually worse than the Alpha.

I've sat in the 16's. Penalty box. Just a penalty box that is rewarding to the driver is why it gets passes. 

• Agree 2

Im a muscle car guy through and through.

Although pony cars are muscle cars too, and the Challenger is also a pony car...the Challenger always played in both camps. More so the modern day Challenger than the classic one. Especially the Hellcat version...

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy: The Hellcat Challenger for me 

Had this been between a 1969 Camaro 427 ZL-1 versus a 1970 Challenger 440 six pack, Id have a harder time picking. Id probably pick the Camaro....but then again... 440 six pack Mopar muscle is as good as it gets...This would be very very difficult...Id probably be at an impasse.

I don't know why people are bringing up visability. The f@#king Challenger is just as much of a bunker as the 5th gen Camaro, and the new 6th gen--which I haven't sat in yet--supposedly has a couple more inches of forward view by lowering the dash. The windows, of course, remain gun-slits on both.

I already have a long distance cruiser with a trunk and back seat, I want the near-sports car Camaro ZL1.

Edited by cp-the-nerd

I don't know why people are bringing up visability. The f@#king Challenger is just as much of a bunker as the 5th gen Camaro, and the new 6th gen--which I haven't sat in yet--supposedly has a couple more inches of forward view by lowering the dash. The windows, of course, remain gun-slits on both.

I already have a long distance cruiser with a trunk and back seat, I want the near-sports car Camaro ZL1.

At the lower levels of performance, I might pick the challenger because I like the size of the car and I'm a sucker for the Hemi.   But I know I'd end up killing myself in a Hellcat where I feel in absolute control in a CTS-V.  It just comes down to that.

Even tho I'm pretty sure most kno what my answer is.. I will give a reason.  After two weeks of living with Rose and not even being able to fully use her capabilities, just using about 60% of its power at this point .. due to break-in period and weather.. The ZL1 seems to be a a more purist form of my CTS-V Rose, and that is f@#kin scary great

At the lower levels of performance, I might pick the challenger because I like the size of the car and I'm a sucker for the Hemi.   But I know I'd end up killing myself in a Hellcat where I feel in absolute control in a CTS-V.  It just comes down to that.

I also know Id kill myself with the Hellcat.

Screw it!

What is it the young kids say today?

7310821.gif

Edited by oldshurst442

Not even close. Now, I don't think the Camaro is as bad as most make it out to be but having sat in a half dozen of those and a half dozen Challengers, it's not even close. The Challenger was far easier to get in and out off and has a better view out back IMO. The view forward is a wash for me.

Not even close. Now, I don't think the Camaro is as bad as most make it out to be but having sat in a half dozen of those and a half dozen Challengers, it's not even close. The Challenger was far easier to get in and out off and has a better view out back IMO. The view forward is a wash for me.

I'm talking about visibility, not ingress/egress. If you claim to see fine out of a Challenger, you're not going to complain about the view out of a gen 6 Camaro.

I'm talking about visibility, not ingress/egress. If you claim to see fine out of a Challenger, you're not going to complain about the view out of a gen 6 Camaro.

Read what I am saying. I have sat in both and the Challenger is easier to see out of. If you will also notice, I did not "complain" about the view in the Camaro. I just said that it is easier to see out the back of the Chally than the Camaro and that the front was a wash. The sides are easier to see out of too because it has a lower belt line. This isn't even debatable to me but again, it is just my opinion.

Good grief, the defensiveness.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1