What Would You Buy Instead: Volvo S90 AWD Edition

C&D just did an instrumented test on the new Volvo S90, and I thought this would be a good basis for a 'WWYBI' thread. Link- C&D 2017 Volvo S90 Test

The car as tested ran 65K, but starts at 52K. So let's use a range of $52,000-67,000.

Rules-

1) Car must be a sedan.

2) Must be a new, on-sale MY 2016 or 2017 model.

3) Must be AT LEAST $52,000 MSRP, but NO MORE THAN $67,000 MSRP.

I so wanted to go A6, but optioned like I want, it breaks out of the price bracket. Thought about the CT6, but ditto. Lexus GS makes the price cut, but I don't think I could drop 60K+ on an N/A V6. A stripper M3 makes the cut by a few hundred dollars. 

I was left with two top contenders- MB C43 AMG loaded out, or loaded S4. And I like the S4's styling a bit better. Loaded Misano Red Prestige w/ DSG and Sport Pkg with all the goodies comes in at a shade over 62K. A pretty good deal, if you ask me. With the money left over, I could do Eurodyne tune and Milltek exhaust.

19 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I'm not sure if this is kind of cheating because of the size of the car but I'd take an ATS-V with the Tech Package and the black optional wheels dressed in Phantom Grey. = $65,282

Like this plus black wheels.

BCA716BE-29F4-4FB5-9C81-FE9EA3BEFB7B_zps

I LOVE that color!

Both Cadillacs CT6 and CTS will probably be a choice for me here.

But..Id like to add a  car that could very well be overlooked here.

The Lincoln Continental

2017-Lincoln-Continental-side-profile-in

I dont care how one views this car. I myself has been very harsh on it. But in this price range, it could be the one to own...(if one is looking for a nice, plush and quiet ride)

Edited by oldshurst442

On 10/14/2016 at 4:27 PM, Stew said:

Very much.  Grays can either look dowdy or drop dead sexy and this is definitely the latter!

GM definitely has excellent color choices.

On 10/14/2016 at 2:26 PM, ykX said:

CTS V-Sport, starts at $61.2k

This would be my choice.