William Maley

Kia News: Spying: Are You the Production Kia GT?

22 posts in this topic

William Maley    405

Only a few months after we got the first spy shots of the upcoming Kia GT on U.S. soil, a leaked photo showing the production GT without any camouflage has come out.

Kia-World.net got their hands on this photo which shows a pre-production GT sitting in one of Kia's factory. The design is toned down from the 2011 GT Concept, but the key details are here - similar roofline, vents on the hood, and taillights that extend into the rear fenders. It is expected that the GT will feature a turbocharged 3.3L V6 - introduced in the 2018 Genesis G80 Sport - along with a turbo-four.

Kia-World says the GT will be called the K8 in Korea.

No word on when Kia will show off the production version.

Source: Kia-World.net
Image Credit: Kia-World.net

View full article

33 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

My god, I hope not. Looks like they slapped the nose of a Hyundai Genesis Coupe onto a Kia Optima! Just a whole lot of "nope" there.

Words quite frankly escape me...and not in a good sort of way...if this is the best they can do, maybe they can go into business with Samsung building refrigerators.

Much harder to eff up a plain box that makes food cold than an automobile....

• Upvote 2

Just now, Stew said:

So, that is what we get from the concept?

sting.jpg

Concept is much better...methinks the Kimchi fermented a bit too long in the design center  refrigerator....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi

Stew    350
6 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Concept is much better...methinks the Kimchi fermented a bit too long in the design center  refrigerator....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi

Haha, it just screams lazy and halfhearted to me.  Seriously, i understand a few changes have to be made from concept to production to make it viable, but went from a sporty sedan with a cool shape to blah, blah, generic, blah lol. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I'll reserve final judgement, but I don;t have high expectations for this car. Particularly from a driving dynamics standpoint.

Nothing built by the koreans has impressed me in this regard.

Suaviloquent    713

Maybe it's the lighting at the facility, but for a car that is very much slab sided, why does it appear that the design is busy?

Also that greenhouse....oh my god, it's just horrible.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Suaviloquent said:

Maybe it's the lighting at the facility, but for a car that is very much slab sided, why does it appear that the design is busy?

Also that greenhouse....oh my god, it's just horrible.

Horrible does not even begin to cover it....

dfelt    1,865

Yawn, can I get back the few minutes I wasted looking at this dog?

6 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Yawn, can I get back the few minutes I wasted looking at this dog?

Exactly!

On 11/30/2016 at 10:04 AM, Belair said:

a large wide RWD Kia Optima (of the previous sheetmetal)
well ok, nice winter vehicle

A Subaru would be much better if one wanted a winter vehicle that was an import...ask the people in Colorado and Vermont...they should know.

On 11/30/2016 at 9:52 AM, Stew said:

Seeing this makes me glad the never tried to build the stinger.

02-kia-gt4-stinger-concept-detroit-1.jpg

Even then, there are so many current production sporty cars that look much better.  I could see this being an also ran.

Stew    350
2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Exactly!

A Subaru would be much better if one wanted a winter vehicle that was an import...ask the people in Colorado and Vermont...they should know.

Even then, there are so many current production sporty cars that look much better.  I could see this being an also ran.

true, but still judging here they could make it much, much worse haha. 

1 minute ago, Stew said:

true, but still judging here they could make it much, much worse haha. 

Agree completely.  Just glad VW sales are picking up, as are GM's and Audi.  There are creative car makers with decent products that deserve our affection and loyalty....

Stew    350

I agree.  Very happy to see VW gaining some sales.  i was worried the whole diesel thing could have been more disastrous than it has been, saleswise anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Stew said:

I agree.  Very happy to see VW gaining some sales.  i was worried the whole diesel thing could have been more disastrous than it has been, saleswise anyway. 

A couple of things might make Diesel gate actually helpful to VW. 

#1, if they get over the crappy E golf and build a better electric, and actually invest in electric technology, it may help them very much in terms of amrket position.

#2. they need to step up and do in Canada what they have done in the US for dieselgate, but they should market themselves as having walked through the front door with the diesel thing.

Because a lot of other people have been caught cheating (google Cruze Diesel and cheat) But VW bellied up to the bar and tried to walk through the front door in many ways.

Stew    350

True, how a company handles such issue has one of the biggest impacts on customer perception. 

dfelt    1,865
10 minutes ago, Stew said:

I figure the pickup is a blimp as I expect it to go down as VW not only tries to close down the Diesel scandal, but then has to deal with their Petro scandal also. This is going to hurt VW big time long time.

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I figure the pickup is a blimp as I expect it to go down as VW not only tries to close down the Diesel scandal, but then has to deal with their Petro scandal also. This is going to hurt VW big time long time.

People have stupidly short memories in this country...and I forget what else I wanted to say....browneis...I think I wanted a chocolate brownie....

• Upvote 1

dfelt    1,865
6 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

People have stupidly short memories in this country...and I forget what else I wanted to say....browneis...I think I wanted a chocolate brownie....

Nutella Chocolate Lava Brownies are Da BOMB! :P

nutellalavabrownies.jpg

http://kirbiecravings.com/2011/06/nutella-lava-brownies.html