William Maley

Cadillac News: 'Book by Cadillac' Is A Vehicle Subscription Service

26 posts in this topic

William Maley    405

Are you one of those people who can't seem to decide if they want a sports sedan or a luxury crossover? Then listen up as Cadillac has announced something you might be interested in.

Next month, Cadillac will be launching 'Book by Cadillac' for the New York Metro Area. For $1,500 a month, members will be able to choose from Cadillac's Platinum trim and V-Series lineup. This is done through a smartphone app where a member can request a vehicle. From there, a concierge will drop off your selected vehicle to your requested location. Vehicles can be kept for as long as a member wants and can be easily swapped. 

The $1,500 monthly fee covers insurance, registration, and maintenance of the vehicle.

Cadillac plans on launching Book into other markets down the road.

Source: Cadillac
Press Release is on Page 2

Introducing BOOK by Cadillac, a Bold New Luxury Vehicle Subscription Model

• Rather than owning a single vehicle, members can switch between different Cadillacs to best suit their needs with this first-of-its-kind subscription service from an OEM.

NEW YORK — Cadillac is continuing to push the boundaries of the driving experience with a first-of-its kind luxury vehicle subscription service, BOOK by Cadillac. For a flat monthly fee, BOOK by Cadillac gives members access to popular Cadillac vehicles without the commitment of leasing, financing or buying.

“BOOK by Cadillac is an innovative new option targeted at a growing class of luxury drivers searching for access to various cars over time, dependent on their individual needs, coupled with a hassle-free white-glove exchange,” said Uwe Ellinghaus, Cadillac chief marketing officer.

BOOK by Cadillac members will have app-enabled on-demand access to the latest premium trim Cadillac models to keep in their possession. The vehicles will be delivered via white-glove concierge to members’ requested locations and exchanged at their leisure or as their needs change. Members can just as easily take to the winding roads in a performance V Series and enjoy a back-mountain winter ski trip in an Escalade in the same week. Alternatively, they can keep an SUV during the winter months and switch to a performance sedan during the summer, with each vehicle picked up and delivered to their doorstep.

With maintenance, insurance and detailing of the vehicle handled by Cadillac, members are freed from the baggage that comes with traditional vehicle ownership and given the freedom and flexibility to fit their lifestyle.

BOOK by Cadillac will launch first in the New York metro area, with plans to debut in other markets. 

The Details:
A flat monthly fee of $1,500 eliminates the hassles of car ownership so members can experience uninhibited driving. Membership is month-to-month with no long-term commitment required. Members can use a mobile app to reserve vehicles that will be delivered to their specified locations via a white-glove concierge service. Certain location restrictions apply. Members will have access to the current year Platinum Level Trim Cadillacs, including the XT5, CT6, Escalade and V Series. Registration, taxes, insurance and maintenance costs are included in the monthly rate and there is no limit on mileage.

Other fees may apply. For detailed information on all the benefits of membership and how to join, please visit www.BOOKByCadillac.com.

View full article

dfelt    1,861

Interesting, very much like the zip auto service in Seattle or the BMW car service. Be interesting to see how this goes for Cadillac. 

Not my style of having auto service but for some with money to burn I can see it working for those that like to change out their auto's often. 

Wonder when the Escalade V comes if that will be added to the service?

Pretty Sweet if it includes all of that.. plus the option to swap at will. Imagine had I put down just $28K and financed the rest at 1.99% for 60 months.. instead of buying outright..   that would have been like $1700 on the V. plus insurance etc

smk4565    350

I can't see that working at that price.   You can lease and Escalade for $850 a month, I don't get why you would pay $1,500 to drive one.  You could get an S-class lease with insurance and prepaid maintenance for under $1,500 a month, and it's an S-class.

surreal1272    756
51 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I can't see that working at that price.   You can lease and Escalade for $850 a month, I don't get why you would pay $1,500 to drive one.  You could get an S-class lease with insurance and prepaid maintenance for under $1,500 a month, and it's an S-class.

Really? All registration and insurance costs are covered (unlike a lease) and this is obviously for the white collar traveler that has to spend extended time at one location. Oh, and you can give it back at anytime or swap it for another ride, unlike your lease. 

balthazar    1,997
2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

You could get an S-class lease with insurance and prepaid maintenance for under $1,500 a month, and it's an S-class.

But it's the SAME s-class, month in & month out, and they're everywhere.

For the same cost & easier access, you get access to a FLEET of high end Cadillacs. It's not remotely a comparison.

• Upvote 1

smk4565    350

Where it may make sense is for a celebrity or business person who is in NYC for a month or two for work and not staying and needs a car for a short period of time.  An NYC resident can lease an Escalade and have $650 a month left over.  Car insurance is less than $100 a month, and it doesn't cost $500 a month for maintenance.  

surreal1272    756
2 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Where it may make sense is for a celebrity or business person who is in NYC for a month or two for work and not staying and needs a car for a short period of time.  An NYC resident can lease an Escalade and have $650 a month left over.  Car insurance is less than $100 a month, and it doesn't cost $500 a month for maintenance.  

So you are proving that your initial assessment was off by a mile by providing an example of why this program is different (and far more convenient) than a traditional lease? What exactly is your point here? Again, you can't just trade in that Escalade (penalty free) for say a loaded CT6 the next month under the lease you are referring to. What do you not understand here?

39 minutes ago, balthazar said:

But it's the SAME s-class, month in & month out, and they're everywhere.

For the same cost & easier access, you get access to a FLEET of high end Cadillacs. It's not remotely a comparison.

Exactly but everything Cadillac has to be compared to Mercedes, even when they are not remotely comparable. I thought you knew Balth!:D

balthazar    1,997

$850/mnth is for a lower-level Luxury Trim 2016.
Most Eskys are Premiums (starts @ $83K), and the 2017 MY lease rate hasn't come out yet, I believe.

11 hours ago, smk4565 said:

It is an S-Class.. which U day in and day out FAIL to realize is not only NOT A BIG THING with today's lending standards propped by Benz.. but NOT A BIG THING when it comes to the fact that the S-Class sells primarily the S550.. which is nothing really that great to write home about.. and if U encounter one of the dime a dozen on the street.. really nothing to be in awe over either. An Escalade??? Especially the Platinum..  I'm sorry to tell many who are under some BS spell that the rags have perpetuated.. looks actually more expensive than the S550 and is a part of the hottest segment on the planet. Furthermore this deal would give one access to not just the same ole tired ass S-Class.. but the Escalade.. a CT6 Platinum.. a CTS-V.. a XT5 Plat.. a CTS VSport.. an ATS-V.. and XTS VSport Plat.. 

How much U wanna bet that if this takes off.. we will see your holier than thou Kraut Co following suit?

This

1.png

or this

2017-Cadillac-CT6-front-end.jpg

or this:

2016-cadillac-escalade-platinum-review-s

or This

maxresdefault.jpg

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidt Cadillac would get my money even if it only offered me ONE of those.. for 3 straight years:wub:   oh.. and FUCK Mercedes Benz i70mfl.jpg

Seriously.. if U didn't see the badge... and didn't kno which was more expensive.. I bet good money most would figure that this:

M1701460-A.jpg

was actually CHEAPER than this (A GOD DAMN Chevy.. :

IMG_20130811_151815.jpg

smk4565    350

I think the program is a good idea at a lower price.  I don't see them getting enough people to sign up for it to keep it viable.  Maybe at $1,100 a month.

The other thing is this lets them get cars off dealer lots and after a car is in service a year I wonder if they could still sell it as new since it would never have been sold or titled.

for fun, an Escalade 4wd ESV  Platinum is $98,790.  A base S550 4matic is $99,600.

Drew Dowdell    5,156
16 hours ago, smk4565 said:

" The $1,500 monthly fee covers insurance, registration, and maintenance of the vehicle. "

You can't lease an Escalade Platinum for $1500 a month including insurance, $850 a month gets you the mid-range model. . And any S-Class with a $1500 a month lease that includes insurance is going to be a mid-range model at best. Also... you can get a new Escalade Platinum every week and still pay just the $1500 a month or switch to a CTS-V next week, or a CT6 Platinum Plug-In Hybrid for a long trip the week after.   Can't do that in an S-Class lease for 39 months.

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

I think the program is a good idea at a lower price.  I don't see them getting enough people to sign up for it to keep it viable.  Maybe at $1,100 a month.

The other thing is this lets them get cars off dealer lots and after a car is in service a year I wonder if they could still sell it as new since it would never have been sold or titled.

for fun, an Escalade 4wd ESV  Platinum is $98,790.  A base S550 4matic is $99,600.

More than likely, it will be sold to a subsidiary of GM, operated by them, but branded by Cadillac.  It couldn't be sold new. It's like GM's car sharing service Maven.... it is its own company, but owned by GM and GM sells Maven the cars.

surreal1272    756
1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

And again you are failing to make the distinctions between booking a Cadillac and leasing a Mercedes. Apples to oranges. 

And of course the car wont be sold as new if it has miles on it. It's just silly to even bring that up SMK. 

smk4565    350

I still think it is a lot of money to borrow or ride share or whatever you want to call it a car.  It is $18,000 a year to drive a Cadillac and car insurance is like $1,000 a year, even if maintenance is $1,000 (unlikely on a brand new car) we are talking $16,000 for payments to a car you don't own.

The other thing with this program, say 200 people sign up, are they going to have 200 CTS-V available, 200 Escalades available?  I am guessing you aren't always going to have your choice of car, and will have to wait for the car you want.

surreal1272    756
Just now, smk4565 said:

I still think it is a lot of money to borrow or ride share or whatever you want to call it a car.  It is $18,000 a year to drive a Cadillac and car insurance is like $1,000 a year, even if maintenance is $1,000 (unlikely on a brand new car) we are talking $16,000 for payments to a car you don't own.

The other thing with this program, say 200 people sign up, are they going to have 200 CTS-V available, 200 Escalades available?  I am guessing you aren't always going to have your choice of car, and will have to wait for the car you want.

Good grief. You just do not get it and I'm sure there will be a completely different statement from you when Mercedes starts doing this. 

Scout    57
16 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Actually,  that's a valid question. 

hyperv6    774

This is kind of a play on the Apple plan in a way.

Apple now has a program where you get a phone and you pay for it monthly from them and it is unlocked to go with the provider you want.

They provide Apple care for the price you pay that covers service and tech help.

You can then up grade in one year to the new model or you can pay out the second year and keep it.

I see in the future with the cost of cars and the faster advancement in EV cars and electronics in new cars I see more variations of programs like this.

I see the EV market becoming like the smart phone where most people will want the latest tech as it will keep changing faster as we go on.

Drew Dowdell    5,156
23 hours ago, smk4565 said:

There is tech out there called load planning that addresses this issue. Airlines, railroads, and rental car agencies use it. It's designed specifically so Book doesn't have to have 200 of each vehicle.  Eventually the system gets smart enough to know which vehicles are needed when and where and at what margin of error to keep up with the unexpected. 

And 200 people signing up is pulling in $3.6 million a year, GM still owns the cars, and can sell them as certified preowned at a premium when they're done. 

Seems like sound math to me.

• Upvote 1

surreal1272    756
13 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

There is tech out there called load planning that addresses this issue. Airlines, railroads, and rental car agencies use it. It's designed specifically so Book doesn't have to have 200 of each vehicle.  Eventually the system gets smart enough to know which vehicles are needed when and where and at what margin of error to keep up with the unexpected. 

And 200 people signing up is pulling in $3.6 million a year, GM still owns the cars, and can sell them as certified preowned at a premium when they're done. 

Seems like sound math to me.

Why this had to be explained to him, I haven't the foggiest. Rental companies have been doing this for decades so it should be no problem for Cadillac.

smk4565    350

But rental companies are offering classes of vehicles, not specific cars.   This is only V-series and Platinum cars which is like 4 cars.  If they allot 300 cars for 200 members I am sure there will be no problem getting what you want, but that is a lot of cars to tie up to this program that they have to garage and maintain and insure.

It is an out of the box idea, I think it is good to try something different, but I don't think it will work, mainly due to the price.

• Downvote 1

surreal1272    756
14 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

But rental companies are offering classes of vehicles, not specific cars.   This is only V-series and Platinum cars which is like 4 cars.  If they allot 300 cars for 200 members I am sure there will be no problem getting what you want, but that is a lot of cars to tie up to this program that they have to garage and maintain and insure.

It is an out of the box idea, I think it is good to try something different, but I don't think it will work, mainly due to the price.

It is the same principle and system though and I again think that you would not even be making these kind of statements if this were about Mercedes. Besides, you are assuming figures that Cadillac itself has not presented but I am sure they have considered all the possibilities since this is something you don't just start without proper planning. Cadillac has plenty of inventory to work with so there should be no problems implementing this program and making their customers happy. All around, it's a great move by them.

Drew Dowdell    5,156
38 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

The concept of load planning remains the same. Think of each model offered as a "car class"  in the system and you'll see why this isn't a problem. 

Scout    57

Things get overbooked from time to time. I'm not saying it will be an issue,. Just that it can and does happen. I also don't see this being an issue for Cadillac, but it could and may happen.  I would imagine that if it does Cadillac would offer some sort of discount just like airlines and other business do. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Equinox, Acadia, Envision and XT5 Achieve Best July Ever
      Crossover and trucks account for 80 percent of sales for best monthly mix ever July incentive spending as a percentage of ATP below industry average, driving ATPs up nearly $1,000 Commercial sales up 40 percent for best July since 2007 Lowest daily rental sales mix of any full-line automaker DETROIT — General Motors (NYSE: GM) today reported July U.S. retail sales of 202,220 vehicles, down about 14 percent from strong sales in July 2016. In July, GM’s crossovers and trucks account for 80 percent of sales for the company’s best monthly mix ever.
      While the U.S. market continues to moderate, sales of GM’s newest crossovers were strong in July:
      Chevrolet Equinox - up 4 percent for its best July ever. Chevrolet Bolt EV – 1,832 Bolts were sold in July for the best month ever. August will be the first month the Bolt EV is available on a national basis. GMC Acadia - up 30 percent for its best July ever. Buick Envision - up 89 percent for its best July ever. Cadillac XT5 - up 6 percent for its best July ever. GM’s July incentive spending as a percentage of average transaction prices (ATP) was 11.5 percent, more than 1 full percentage point below the industry average, and 0.5 percentage points below GM’s 2016 calendar year average. Some of GM’s competitors, without strong truck and crossover businesses, are offering significantly higher incentives across their entire portfolios, according to J.D. Power PIN estimates.
      In addition, GM’s ATPs were about $36,000, up nearly $1,000 from July 2016.
      “We have strategically decided to reduce car production rather than increase incentive spending or dump vehicles into daily rental fleets, like some of our competitors,” said Kurt McNeil, U.S. vice president of Sales Operations.  “We are working hard to protect the residual values of our new products and growing quality retail and commercial sales, and July’s ATPs reflect that discipline.”
      GM’s U.S. commercial vehicles sales were up 40 percent from last July, the best July since 2007, led by strong large van sales (up 89 percent), small utilities (up 61 percent) and large pickup sales (up 21 percent).  Year to date, GM commercial sales are up 11 percent. U.S. daily rental sales were down more than 11,200 vehicles or 81 percent in July, as planned. In July, GM’s daily rental sales accounted for only 1 percent of GM’s total sales.  GM continues to have the lowest U.S. rental mix of any full-line automaker at about 7 percent of total sales year to date.    
      GM’s July total sales were 226,107 vehicles, down about 15 percent from strong levels last year.
      “Changing customer tastes have driven us to refocus our business on higher margin, faster growing segments, like the crossover segments. We are launching the most all-new crossovers in our history to take full advantage of the changes occurring in the U.S. marketplace,” added McNeil. “Our newest crossovers are performing very well in the marketplace and we’ll build on that momentum with the all-new Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Terrain, Buick Enclave and the introduction of the Regal TourX through the second half of 2017.”
      By the end of 2017, GM will offer customers the U.S. industry’s newest and broadest lineup of crossovers.
      “U.S. auto sales continue to moderate from last year’s record pace, but key U.S. economic fundamentals remain supportive of strong vehicle sales,” said Mustafa Mohatarem, GM chief economist. “Under the current economic conditions, we anticipate the second half of 2017 will be much stronger than the first half.”
      July Brand Retail Highlights (vs. July 2016 unless noted)       
      Chevrolet
      Colorado was up 22 percent. Both Camaro and Cruze were up slightly. Crossovers best year to date: Equinox, Traverse and Trax. Volt has best year to date. Volt and Bolt EV July sales combined for more than 3,300 deliveries. Silverado LD double cab was up 4 percent. Buick
      Best year to date retail sales since 2005, up 2 percent. July ATPs are highest since December 2015. SUV mix is highest ever at 85 percent. GMC
      ATPs are the highest ever, up 8 percent from last July. Sierra boasts the highest ATPs in the full-size pickup segment. Sierra HDs up 6 percent in July and year to date up 9 percent, the best in a decade Yukon up 4 percent. Yukon had its best July since 2007. Cadillac
      CT6 up 7 percent. Year to date, XT5 retail sales are up 10 percent vs. combined SRX and XT5 sales a year ago. July ATPs up more than $3,000 and lead the luxury market and more than $3,000 higher than its closest competitor. Guidance on U.S. Vehicle Inventory Levels
      We anticipate we will end 2017 at or below last year’s level, with fewer cars and more trucks, crossovers and utilities in the mix. Pickup, crossovers and utility sales, GM’s strength, are expected to be stronger in the second half of 2017 vs. the first half of the year. We continue to monitor the marketplace and will make additional production adjustments if needed.
    • By William Maley
      Cadillac's sedan lineup in the future is going to look much smaller. Cadillac president Johan de Nysschen told Reuters in an interview that the ATS, CTS, and XTS will not be directly replaced when their lifecycles end in 2019. A new model called the CT5 will take their place and cost between $35,000 and $45,000.
      "We have to rebalance our sedan portfolio," de Nysschen.
      The CT6 will take care of the top end, while a new small luxury sedan (possibly named CT4) will handle the low end.
      de Nysschen reiterated plans of Cadillac building out their crossover lineup with the XT4 launching in 2019. de Nysschen also mentioned that Cadillac could be launching a range of electric vehicles in the latter half of the next decade.
      Source: Reuters

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Cadillac's sedan lineup in the future is going to look much smaller. Cadillac president Johan de Nysschen told Reuters in an interview that the ATS, CTS, and XTS will not be directly replaced when their lifecycles end in 2019. A new model called the CT5 will take their place and cost between $35,000 and $45,000.
      "We have to rebalance our sedan portfolio," de Nysschen.
      The CT6 will take care of the top end, while a new small luxury sedan (possibly named CT4) will handle the low end.
      de Nysschen reiterated plans of Cadillac building out their crossover lineup with the XT4 launching in 2019. de Nysschen also mentioned that Cadillac could be launching a range of electric vehicles in the latter half of the next decade.
      Source: Reuters
    • By William Maley
      Strong Lineup of Crossovers and Utilities Drove GM's U.S. June Sales
      Crossover retail sales up 23 percent on strength of Equinox Buick U.S. retail sales up 6 percent Commercial sales up 36 percent, for best June since 2006 Lowest daily rental sales mix of any full-line automaker DETROIT — General Motors (NYSE: GM) today reported June U.S. retail sales of 202,908 vehicles, down about 3 percent from the same period last year. However, in the fastest growing U.S. retail market segment, GM’s crossover retail sales were up 23 percent, due largely to the strength of Chevrolet Equinox, which were up 36 percent.  Buick’s U.S. retail sales were up 6 percent. 
      GM’s U.S. Commercial sales were up 36 percent, for its best June since 2006.  Commercial and Government sales were 77 percent of GM’s fleet sales for the month.  U.S. daily rental sales were down nearly 11,000 vehicles or 54 percent in June, as planned.  
      GM’s June total sales were 243,155 vehicles, down about 5 percent from the same period last year.
      GM’s mid crossovers, compact crossovers and utilities were up a combined 22 percent on a U.S. retail sales basis compared to the same period last year. This strong performance was carried throughout the Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac lineups:
      Chevrolet Suburban – up 9 percent Chevrolet Tahoe – up 15 percent Chevrolet Equinox - up 36 percent Chevrolet Traverse – up 71 percent Chevrolet Bolt EV – delivered 1,425 vehicles. Buick Enclave –up 10 percent Buick Encore – up 8 percent Buick Envision - up 101 percent GMC Acadia – up 25 percent Cadillac Escalade – up 14 percent Cadillac XT5 – up 29 percent General Motors is in the midst of launching the most all-new crossover offerings into the U.S. market in its history. 
      “Our crossover renaissance began last year with the introduction of the all-new GMC Acadia and Cadillac XT5, and continued this year with the Chevrolet Bolt EV and Equinox,” said Kurt McNeil, U.S. vice president of Sales Operations. “The all-new Equinox is off to a strong start and we will leverage that momentum as we introduce four additional crossovers in the second half of 2017.”
      By the end of 2017, GM will offer customers the U.S. industry’s newest and broadest lineup of crossovers.
      “U.S. total sales are moderating due to an industry-wide pull-back in daily rental sales, but key U.S. economic fundamentals clearly remain positive,” said Mustafa Mohatarem, GM chief economist. “Under the current economic conditions, we anticipate U.S. retail vehicle sales will remain strong for the foreseeable future.”
      June Business Highlights (vs. June 2016)
      According to J.D Power PIN estimates, GM’s incentive spending as a percentage of average transaction prices (ATP) was 12.0 percent in June, equal to our 2016 calendar year average, and lower than any domestic and many Asian competitors. ATPs were $35,657, up nearly $400 per vehicle. First Half Highlights (vs. First Half 2016)
      GM’s U.S. retail sales are on pace with last year’s performance. Q2 incentive spend was about 12 percent, down two full percentage points from Q1. Q2 ATPs are up about $800 over Q1, due to a higher truck/crossover mix and lower incentives. Crossover retail sales were up 23 percent, the highest first half in GM history. Buick’s U.S. retail sales were up 8 percent. Commercial sales were up 8 percent, in a segment that’s down 5 percent. Government sales were up 1 percent, in a segment that’s down 9 percent. Daily rental sales were down nearly 31,000 vehicles or 21 percent. Daily rental sales mix was in a range of about 8 percent, the lowest among full-line automakers in the U.S. industry. Combined XT5 and SRX sales are up 18 percent year to date, the highest first half for Cadillac crossovers. Best Cruze retail sales since 2014. Best Volt retail sales in history. Best Colorado retail sales since 2005. Best Traverse retail sales in history. Best Acadia retail sales in history. From an industry standpoint, GM expects the second half of 2017 will be stronger than the first half.  Pickup and utility sales, GM’s strength, are expected to be stronger in the second half of the year.
      June Brand Retail Highlights (vs. 2016)                              

Chevrolet
      Corvette and Cruze were up 4 percent and 3 percent, respectively. Colorado was up 3 percent. Equinox had its best June ever. Crossover sales were up 42 percent. Silverado total sales are up 2 percent and retail sales are up 1 percent. Best Silverado month of the year for total sales. Buick
      Lacrosse was up 39 percent. Crossover sales were up 21 percent. GMC
      ATPs were up $1,067 to $44,539. Best Denali month ever – over 31 percent of retail sales. Cadillac
      CT6 was up 4 percent. ATPs were up $2,300 to $56,301. Guidance on U.S. Vehicle Inventory Levels
      We anticipate we will end 2017 with approximately the same day supply of vehicles as we did at the end of 2016 with fewer cars and more trucks and crossovers in the mix. Pickup and utility sales, GM’s strength, are expected to be stronger in the second half of the year. We will continue to monitor the marketplace and will make additional production adjustments if needed.
    • By William Maley
      The Cadillac XTS represents the last of an era of front-wheel drive based luxury sedans for the brand. You may think that it will not be too long before the XTS goes into the great parking lot in the sky. But that's where you be wrong as the brand is giving the XTS some big updates for 2018.
      The most noticeable change is the new face that makes the XTS look more like the CT6 - something we first learned about last month. There is a new front grille and headlights that have been moved up slightly. The rear comes with a new trunk and reshaped LED taillights. Inside, Cadillac has introduced the latest version of CUE which brings forth an all new user interface.
      There is much to report in the XTS' mechanicals aside from an updated chassis that is said to improve ride comfort. The 3.6 V6 with 304 horsepower comes standard, while the V Sport makes do with a turbocharged 3.6 V6 with 410 horsepower. Both engines come paired with a six-speed automatic. The 3.6 is available with front or all-wheel drive, and the V-Sport only comes with AWD.
      The updated 2018 XTS arrives at dealers this fall.
      Source: Cadillac
      Press Release is on Page 2
      2018 XTS JOINS NEW GENERATION OF CADILLAC DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY
      NEW FOR 2018
      Enhanced technology features with next-generation Cadillac user experience Improved chassis for even greater ride comfort Freshened front and rear appearance The Cadillac XTS is a spacious and comfortable sedan with confident handling and performance. For 2018, the XTS receives technical, chassis and appearance changes to heighten the appeal of this elegant sedan.
      Beginning with the enhanced next-generation Cadillac user experience, which debuted on the 2017 CTS sport sedan, the XTS now offers a dynamic platform that can be adjusted over time to meet a customer’s evolving connectivity needs, leveraging the cloud to enable personalization, available connected navigation and applications via the Collection app store.
      The updated chassis has revised tire designs for both 19” and 20” tires—improving ride comfort while reducing outside noise for a quieter more comfortable cabin. Drivers will find front-seat luxury much more comfortable thanks to changes to seat foam geometry, wire frame structure and heat pad redesign. An increased use of engineered sound insulators (to reduce exterior noise) reduces cabin sound to create an even more serene environment.
      New exterior styling features freshened front and rear fascias. Updated interior color and trim choices – including a Platinum-exclusive Maple Sugar with Jet Black environment – and new alloy wheel options highlight the updates to the XTS. The appearance change includes new fenders, front and rear fascias, grille, and the addition of LED headlights and taillamp in keeping with today’s portfolio. It also brings the overall length of the car to 200.9 inches (1.1” inches shorter than 2017).
      Also available is the XTS Platinum V-Sport, which takes performance to a higher level, driven by an exclusive twin-turbo engine and all-wheel drive.
      Standard and available features across the lineup include:
      Updated chassis with improved ride comfort Brembo front brakes standard Available advanced all-wheel-drive system with electronically controlled limited-slip differential Standard 19-inch wheels and available 20-inch wheels, with a new wheel design for Luxury and Platinum models Updated next-generation Cadillac user experience infotainment system with the fastest response time ever, updated graphics, personalized profiles, smartphone-like navigation, Wi-Fi and active connection Adaptive remote start Four USB ports Standard eight-speaker Bose audio system When it comes to trunk space, the XTS is in a league of its own, with 18 cubic feet (509 L), exceeding some midsize and full-size competitors — that’s more than the Audi A6, BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class. The cargo advantage means room for five or more suitcases.

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)