• Welcome Guest!

Founded in 2001, CheersandGears.com is one of the oldest continuously running automotive enthusiast communities on the net. 

William Maley

Jeep News: Next Jeep Grand Cherokee To Use Alfa Romeo Bits

The current Jeep Grand Cherokee that we love here at Cheers & Gears uses the bones of the Mercedes-Benz ML-Class (now GLE-Class) that was developed during the DiamlerChrysler era. But with a new owner in the form of Fiat, it would make sense that next Grand Cherokee would use a platform from them. But which one? Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' CEO Sergio Marchionne said it would likely be an Alfa Romeo one.

“The most natural application of a further evolution of the Alfa Romeo platform is the Grand Cherokee,” Marchionne told Autocar during the Detroit Auto Show.

“We’re finishing off the study now, but I’m going on the basis of the latest information, which is that it will be the basis upon which the Grand Cherokee will be developed, unless something happens in the next 60 days that suggests it isn’t doable. That would really complete the story of architectural development for us because I think it would certainly nail in a big piece of the Jeep story.”

This likely means the Grand Cherokee will be based on the Giorgio that underpins the Giulia and upcoming Stelvio crossover. Autocar says the next-generation Grand Cherokee will come out in either 2018 or 2019. We think that isn't likely and would put 2020 as the earliest date.

Source: Autocar
Pic Credit: William Maley for Cheers & Gears

View full article

IMHO, this is a good thing.  It is still RWD based and the current GC is unibody/fully independent suspension anyway.  It also should come with some serious weight savings.  I wonder if it ma get a little tidier in dimensions too since the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are now confirmed. 

:scratchchin: This should be an interesting mess. To quote CCAP41, " Hello Reliability!" 

Guess they have to figure out some way to justify the billions stolen for a platform that has not even sold what 100 cars here yet in the US?

Sergio = :palm:

Will they be putting a big Vagina Grill on the Wrangler.

Seriously, I am not sure this is a smart move as I have more faith in Chrysler engineering than Alfa/Fiat engineering. Do not disagree unless you have actually turned a wrench on a Alfa or Fiat.

Edited by hyperv6
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, hyperv6 said:

Will they be putting a big Vagina Grill on the Wrangler.

Seriously, I am not sure this is a smart move as I have more faith in Chrysler engineering than Alfa/Fiat engineering. Do not disagree unless you have actually turned a wrench on a Alfa or Fiat.

Um, the Wrangler is staying on a version of it's BOF platform that will form the basis of the pickup as well. 

18 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

So the only non Italian Jeep will be the Wrangler? 

Considering the Wrangler and Wrangler truck are running BOF platforms as will the Wagoneer and grand Wagoneer, not to mention this platform was actually co developed to be used in Alfas and Dodges and you have no point......  as usual.  Hell, they can't win for losing.  people bitch about old platforms and when they come out with a new one people find stupid and babified $h! to bitch about still.  Give it a rest. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Stew said:

I have not seen any reports of bad reliability with this platform?

I have not seen a good report of reliability coming from Italy.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ccap41 said:

I have not seen a good report of reliability coming from Italy.

This is a brand new platform though, no reason to naysay it until it has had a chance.  Also, besides the 9 speed, which has nothing to do with the Italian platform, I haven't seen any particular issues with reliability in the Renegade, Cherokee, or even 200.  heck, at this point and actually 16 models, the 9 speed issues are no more. 

Those aren't Italian.. well the Renegade is. But get on some other public forums/groups where somebody owns one.. I'm a part of a facebook group where two people have Fiat 500L's and they're big-ole-pieces-of-shet. They always have issues. One got rid of his for a Beetle, actually.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Stew said:

Um, the Wrangler is staying on a version of it's BOF platform that will form the basis of the pickup as well. 

Considering the Wrangler and Wrangler truck are running BOF platforms as will the Wagoneer and grand Wagoneer, not to mention this platform was actually co developed to be used in Alfas and Dodges and you have no point......  as usual.  Hell, they can't win for losing.  people bitch about old platforms and when they come out with a new one people find stupid and babified $h! to bitch about still.  Give it a rest. 

A) Um.. ya. I know the Wrangler is staying on its platform . Hence me saying it'll be the ONLY non Italian Jeep.

B) Who knows if there will ever be Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer. Supposedly the project is back on...again. With their piss poor finances, delays, cancellations...the 5yrs plan might as well be the 5min plan. 

C) Co developed for Dodge and Alfa???. Until now, not once was there ever a mention about a Jeep based off of the Giorgio. Seeing that pipe dream of 300k Alfa being truly unreachable, FCA need atomization of the costs of this pricey platform beyond what Dodge ( which was delayed until AT LEAST 2020 ) can ever succeed in. 

Edited by FordCosworth

5 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

A) Um.. ya. I know the Wrangler is staying on its platform . Hence me saying it'll be the ONLY non Italian Jeep.

B) Who knows if there will ever be Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer. Supposedly the project is back on...again. With their piss poor finances, delays, cancellations...the 5yrs plan might as well be the 5min plan. 

C) Co developed for Dodge and Alfa???. Until now, not once was there ever a mention about a Jeep based off of the Giorgio. Seeing that pipe dream of 300k Alfa being truly unreachable, FCA need atomization of the costs of this pricey platform beyond what Dodge ( which was delayed until AT LEAST 2020 ) can ever succeed in. 

A.  And the Jeep Truck

B.  It was confirmed Sunday including the fact it is body on frame and even which factory will build it.   Pay attention.

C.  Using these platforms across many vehicles is perfectly fine.  All previous GCs have been unibody and still had amazing off-road prowess so i am not at all seeing our point.  Also they are putting their investments first into what is selling and what is popular and then to the less popular and less popular cars.  it makes complete sense from a business standpoint and FCA is above all, a business. 

30 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Those aren't Italian.. well the Renegade is. But get on some other public forums/groups where somebody owns one.. I'm a part of a facebook group where two people have Fiat 500L's and they're big-ole-pieces-of-shet. They always have issues. One got rid of his for a Beetle, actually.

500Ls are POSs and should be killed.  They also look like they were designed when someone looked at a pile dog crap on the ground and thought hey, that is a nice design.  .  I am pretty sure that platform is different than what underpins the rest. 

" It was confirmed Sunday including the fact it is body on frame and even which factory will build it.   Pay attention. "

FCA pattern of talking before walking has me paying attention. So until I see Test Mules of the supposed Wagoneers, its all talk. Their actions are what speaks. 

" Also they are putting their investments first into what is selling and what is popular and then to the less popular and less popular cars.  it makes complete sense from a business standpoint and FCA is above all, a business "

It that was the case, RAM would not be pushed back. The upcoming 1500 is only a refresh and now the 2018 HD's heavily updated trucks have been delayed.

14 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

" It was confirmed Sunday including the fact it is body on frame and even which factory will build it.   Pay attention. "

FCA pattern of talking before walking has me paying attention. So until I see Test Mules of the supposed Wagoneers, its all talk. Their actions are what speaks. 

" Also they are putting their investments first into what is selling and what is popular and then to the less popular and less popular cars.  it makes complete sense from a business standpoint and FCA is above all, a business "

It that was the case, RAM would not be pushed back. The upcoming 1500 is only a refresh and now the 2018 HD's heavily updated trucks have been delayed.

Haven't exactly seen test mules of the Ranger or Bronco running around and they have roughly the same production schedule.  Sure you are totally fine with that.  As for the Ram, it is only the HDs and is pretty normal they be a year or 2 behind the LD trucks, ie 15 F-150 and 17 Superduty......   Again, you have no idea and I am sure you will vote my comments down since they don't agree with you, you child.  

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

I have to agree.. too much here-say to believe anything to the 'T' at this point.

4 minutes ago, Stew said:

Haven't exactly seen test mules of the Ranger or Bronco running around and they have roughly the same production schedule.  Sure you are totally fine with that.  As for the Ram, it is only the HDs and is pretty normal they be a year or 2 behind the LD trucks, ie 15 F-150 and 17 Superduty......   Again, you have no idea and I am sure you will vote my comments down since they don't agree with you, you child.  

Because there is a Ranger/Bronco vehicle already out there that they are utilizing for the 2019/2020 vehicles. So the test mules are likely either; not needing additional testing as they already have a Ranger or completely undisguised in other countries with different things under sheet metal(aluminum?).

It isn't that they are putting them out together it is the fact that they had to delay yet another product that is worrisome. I have no issue at all with them coming out together or the timeframe in which the current gen has been out for. It's that it was scheduled for a certain length and got pushed back like a few other products have been as well.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I have to agree.. too much here-say to believe anything to the 'T' at this point.

Because there is a Ranger/Bronco vehicle already out there that they are utilizing for the 2019/2020 vehicles. So the test mules are likely either; not needing additional testing as they already have a Ranger or completely undisguised in other countries with different things under sheet metal(aluminum?).

It isn't that they are putting them out together it is the fact that they had to delay yet another product that is worrisome. I have no issue at all with them coming out together or the timeframe in which the current gen has been out for. It's that it was scheduled for a certain length and got pushed back like a few other products have been as well.

These' are the most concrete confirmations we have had, there is no reason to NOT believe them.  Everything else was from those old 5 year plans or simply heresay.  They are making these investments and starting the retooling processes very soon.  And on your  first part, there is an Alfa SUV and car already out there that the LX replacements and GC, if approved, would be on.  And the definitely coming ram will be the basis for the now  confirmed Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. 

And delays happen in the auto industry all of the damned time. 

They just so happen to FCA more than anybody else... What was the last GM or Ford vehicle delayed?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Stew said:

I downvoted you for a couple reasons...

1)  As was pointed out by another - your debate skills 

2) Name calling.

2 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

I downvoted you for a couple reasons...

1)  As was pointed out by another - your debate skills 

2) Name calling.

Have you ever heard of an old saying?  the pot calling the kettle black.........  And come on, you have downvoted comments that were not even debating with anyone.  it has happened and others just because you don't like them or they disagree with you.  very childish (and that is not name calling BTW)

Edited by Stew

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

They just so happen to FCA more than anybody else... What was the last GM or Ford vehicle delayed?

Focus RS

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a30138/ford-cancels-2016-focus-rs-prodution/

Raptor

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/62281/20161206/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-delivery-delayed-heres-why.htm

Superduty

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/13/ford-super-duty-launch-delay-report/

GM it is more delays of tech, IE Cadillacs Super Cruise was delayed

14 minutes ago, Stew said:

Did you read the RS link? 

Raptor ( fault in production ) and SD ( parts issue ) delayed a month vs FCA products delayed for years/pushed back

2 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

Did you read the RS link? 

Raptor ( fault in production ) and SD ( parts issue ) delayed a month vs FCA products delayed for years/pushed back

LOL, he asked or examples of delayed vehicles and I gave them.  now you are just pandering because the results don't suity ou 100% again.  Delays are delays. 

About FCA, they do need to get it in gear and get the product train rolling already. They have not managed it very well where Dodge, Chrysler, and RAM are concerned but hopefully these lastest round of announcements will start bearing real fruit before it's too late. 

Edited by William Maley

47 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

About FCA, they do need to get it in gear and get the product train rolling already. They have not managed it very well where Dodge, Chrysler, and RAM are concerned but hopefully these lastest round of announcements will start bearing real fruit before it's too late. 

haha, ou have a point.  I have hope.  The announcement Sunday helped lol.  I am looking most forward to the Wrangler pickup.  they won't be able to keep those on the lots. 

Edited by William Maley

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Today's Birthdays

1. Buickfosure
      Buickfosure
  • Similar Content

• By William Maley
      I couldn’t believe my eyes as to what stood before me. In the driveway stood an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. I had to touch it to see if I was imagining it. Okay, I am being a bit hyperbolic, but considering the long time it took Alfa Romeo to get its affairs in some semblance of order, it is amazing that the Giulia is on sale.

Still, I had a bit of trepidation with spending a week in the Giulia Quadrifoglio. The past year has seen a number of outlets reporting various gremlins pop up on their test vehicles. Would my particular one be spared? If so, what does the Giulia Quadrifoglio offer over the competition?
      Alfa Romeo is known for styling vehicles that stand out and Giulia Quadrifoglio is no exception. Up front resides the traditional Alfa triangle grille and large openings in the bumper with mesh inserts. The carbon fiber hood features gentle sculpting and a set of air vents in the channels. The side profile features more of the gentle sculpting on the doors, along with carbon fiber side skirts and 19-inch wheels finished in dark gray. The rear is where the Giulia Quadrifoglio makes its intentions known to the world with a carbon fiber lip spoiler and massive rear diffuser with large exhaust pipes sitting on either end. Finishing off the vehicle are cloverleaf badges on the front fenders and a dark blue finish. 
      At first glance, the Giulia’s interior looks elegant. The dash has a flowing wave shape that is higher on the driver’s side to make space for the instrument cluster and infotainment system. Material choices such soft-touch plastics, carbon fiber accent trim, and a small-rimmed steering wheel with Alcantara and carbon fiber help set the Quadrifoglio apart from other Giulia models. But Alfa Romeo earns some red marks as the center console is littered with cheap plastics - the controller for the infotainment system and gear lever being the key offenders.
      Our test Giulia Quadrifoglio came with the standard leather and Alcantara sport seats. A set of carbon fiber Sparco racing seats are available as an option, but it is one we would recommend trying out first. Sitting in a Quadrifoglio with the optional seats, I found that I could not fully settle into them due to my wide shoulder blades. The standard seats offer increased bolstering to hold you and a passenger when the road gets twisty. I would like to see a little bit more cushioning in the seats as it becomes somewhat uncomfortable the longer you sit in them. The back seat in Giulia is average for the class, offering a decent amount of head and legroom for those under six-feet. Getting in and out of the back seat is not easy due to a narrow opening.
      All Giulia Quadrifoglios come equipped with an 8.8-inch infotainment system. Controlling this is a rotary knob in the center console, along with using voice commands. The system itself is very frustrating for a number of reasons. For one, the system is slow when put against competitors. It takes a few moments to switch between various menus. Also, certain functions don’t work as you might expect. For example, turning the knob in the navigation system doesn’t zoom in or out. You have to scroll the navigation menu to find the Zoom command to allow this function. Other issues I experienced during my week-long test of the Giulia included,:
      The system wouldn’t play my iPod if I had it paused for more than minute or if I switched to another audio source and then back to the iPod. Connecting my iPhone 7 Plus to the system via Bluetooth took on average about 45 seconds. I had the system crash on me twice during the week I had the Giulia. One of those crashes required me to turn off the vehicle and start it back up to get the system working again. Alfa Romeo needs to go back to the garage and do some serious work with this infotainment system.
      Underneath the carbon fiber hood lies the beating heart of the Quadrifoglio, a 2.9L twin-turbo V6 with 505 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque. Drive is sent to the rear-wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission. Quadrifoglio models have four drive modes - Race, Dynamic, Natural, and Advanced Efficiency and each one alters the engine’s behavior. Advanced Efficiency and Natural are about the same with the throttle being a bit more laid back. But that isn’t to say the Giulia isn’t quick in either mode. It has more than enough oomph to leave other cars in the dust when leaving a stop light or merging. But the engine really comes alive when in Dynamic or Race. The throttle sharpens up and the exhaust opens up to deliver a tantalizing soundtrack. Mash the pedal and hold on because this engine will throw you back. The engine sings at mid and high-rpms with speed coming on at an astonishing rate. Alfa says the Quadrifoglio can hit 60 mph in 3.8 seconds and I can say they are right on the money.
      The automatic transmission is quite impressive. In Normal and Advanced Efficiency, the transmission delivers smooth gear changes. Turn to Dynamic or Race and the gear changes are snappy and fast. Oddly, the automatic transmission exhibits some hesitation when leaving a stop. This is a problem more attune with dual-clutch transmissions.
      EPA fuel economy figures for the Giulia Quadrifoglio are 17 City/24 Highway/20 Combined. My average for the week landed at 19.7 mpg.
      Handling is where the Giulia Quadrifoglio truly shines. Enter into a corner and Giulia hunkers down with little body roll and gives you the confidence to push a little bit further. Steering is another highlight, offering quick response and decent weight. The only complaint I have with the steering is that I wished for some road feel.
      There is a trade-off to Giulia’s handling and that is a very stiff ride. Even with the vehicle set in Advanced Efficiency or Natural mode, the suspension will transmit every road imperfection to your backside. Wind and road noise isolation is about average for the class.
      It is time to address the elephant in the room and that is Alfa Romeo’s reliability record. Since the Giulia went on sale last year, numerous outlets have reported various issues from a sunroof jamming to a vehicle going into a limp mode after half a lap on a track. The only real issues I experienced during my week dealt with infotainment system which made me breathe a sigh of relief. Still, the dark cloud of reliability hung over the Giulia and I never felt fully comfortable that some show-stopping issue would happen. This is something Alfa Romeo needs to remedy ASAP.
       Now we come to end of the Giulia Quadrifoglio review and I am quite mixed. Considering the overall package, the Quadrifoglio is not for everyone. No, it isn’t just because of reliability. This vehicle is a pure sports car in a sedan wrapper. It will put a big smile on your face every time you get on the throttle or execute that perfect turn around a corner. But it will not coddle you or your passengers during the daily drive. Add in the material quality issues and concerns about reliability, and you have a mixed bag.
      To some, that is the charm of an Alfa Romeo. Within all of those flaws is a brilliant automobile. For others, it is something that should be avoided at all costs.
      Disclaimer: Alfa Romeo Provided the Giulia, Insurance, and One Tank of Gas
      Year: 2017
      Make: Alfa Romeo
      Model: Giulia
      Trim: Quadrifoglio
      Engine: 2.9L 24-Valve DOHC Twin-Turbo V6
      Driveline: Eight-Speed Automatic, Rear-Wheel Drive
      Horsepower @ RPM: 505 @ 6,500
      Torque @ RPM: 443 @ 2,500 - 5,500
      Fuel Economy: City/Highway/Combined - 17/24/20
      Curb Weight: N/A
      Location of Manufacture: Cassino, Italy
      Base Price: $72,000
      As Tested Price: $76,995 (Includes $1,595.00 Destination Charge)
      Options:
      Driver Assist Dynamic Plus Package - $1,500.00
      Harman Kardon Premium Audio System - $900.00
      Montecarlo Blue Metallic Exterior Paint - $600.00
      Quadrifoglio Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel - $400.00

View full article
    • By William Maley
      I couldn’t believe my eyes as to what stood before me. In the driveway stood an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. I had to touch it to see if I was imagining it. Okay, I am being a bit hyperbolic, but considering the long time it took Alfa Romeo to get its affairs in some semblance of order, it is amazing that the Giulia is on sale.

Still, I had a bit of trepidation with spending a week in the Giulia Quadrifoglio. The past year has seen a number of outlets reporting various gremlins pop up on their test vehicles. Would my particular one be spared? If so, what does the Giulia Quadrifoglio offer over the competition?
      Alfa Romeo is known for styling vehicles that stand out and Giulia Quadrifoglio is no exception. Up front resides the traditional Alfa triangle grille and large openings in the bumper with mesh inserts. The carbon fiber hood features gentle sculpting and a set of air vents in the channels. The side profile features more of the gentle sculpting on the doors, along with carbon fiber side skirts and 19-inch wheels finished in dark gray. The rear is where the Giulia Quadrifoglio makes its intentions known to the world with a carbon fiber lip spoiler and massive rear diffuser with large exhaust pipes sitting on either end. Finishing off the vehicle are cloverleaf badges on the front fenders and a dark blue finish. 
      At first glance, the Giulia’s interior looks elegant. The dash has a flowing wave shape that is higher on the driver’s side to make space for the instrument cluster and infotainment system. Material choices such soft-touch plastics, carbon fiber accent trim, and a small-rimmed steering wheel with Alcantara and carbon fiber help set the Quadrifoglio apart from other Giulia models. But Alfa Romeo earns some red marks as the center console is littered with cheap plastics - the controller for the infotainment system and gear lever being the key offenders.
      Our test Giulia Quadrifoglio came with the standard leather and Alcantara sport seats. A set of carbon fiber Sparco racing seats are available as an option, but it is one we would recommend trying out first. Sitting in a Quadrifoglio with the optional seats, I found that I could not fully settle into them due to my wide shoulder blades. The standard seats offer increased bolstering to hold you and a passenger when the road gets twisty. I would like to see a little bit more cushioning in the seats as it becomes somewhat uncomfortable the longer you sit in them. The back seat in Giulia is average for the class, offering a decent amount of head and legroom for those under six-feet. Getting in and out of the back seat is not easy due to a narrow opening.
      All Giulia Quadrifoglios come equipped with an 8.8-inch infotainment system. Controlling this is a rotary knob in the center console, along with using voice commands. The system itself is very frustrating for a number of reasons. For one, the system is slow when put against competitors. It takes a few moments to switch between various menus. Also, certain functions don’t work as you might expect. For example, turning the knob in the navigation system doesn’t zoom in or out. You have to scroll the navigation menu to find the Zoom command to allow this function. Other issues I experienced during my week-long test of the Giulia included,:
      The system wouldn’t play my iPod if I had it paused for more than minute or if I switched to another audio source and then back to the iPod. Connecting my iPhone 7 Plus to the system via Bluetooth took on average about 45 seconds. I had the system crash on me twice during the week I had the Giulia. One of those crashes required me to turn off the vehicle and start it back up to get the system working again. Alfa Romeo needs to go back to the garage and do some serious work with this infotainment system.
      Underneath the carbon fiber hood lies the beating heart of the Quadrifoglio, a 2.9L twin-turbo V6 with 505 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque. Drive is sent to the rear-wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission. Quadrifoglio models have four drive modes - Race, Dynamic, Natural, and Advanced Efficiency and each one alters the engine’s behavior. Advanced Efficiency and Natural are about the same with the throttle being a bit more laid back. But that isn’t to say the Giulia isn’t quick in either mode. It has more than enough oomph to leave other cars in the dust when leaving a stop light or merging. But the engine really comes alive when in Dynamic or Race. The throttle sharpens up and the exhaust opens up to deliver a tantalizing soundtrack. Mash the pedal and hold on because this engine will throw you back. The engine sings at mid and high-rpms with speed coming on at an astonishing rate. Alfa says the Quadrifoglio can hit 60 mph in 3.8 seconds and I can say they are right on the money.
      The automatic transmission is quite impressive. In Normal and Advanced Efficiency, the transmission delivers smooth gear changes. Turn to Dynamic or Race and the gear changes are snappy and fast. Oddly, the automatic transmission exhibits some hesitation when leaving a stop. This is a problem more attune with dual-clutch transmissions.
      EPA fuel economy figures for the Giulia Quadrifoglio are 17 City/24 Highway/20 Combined. My average for the week landed at 19.7 mpg.
      Handling is where the Giulia Quadrifoglio truly shines. Enter into a corner and Giulia hunkers down with little body roll and gives you the confidence to push a little bit further. Steering is another highlight, offering quick response and decent weight. The only complaint I have with the steering is that I wished for some road feel.
      There is a trade-off to Giulia’s handling and that is a very stiff ride. Even with the vehicle set in Advanced Efficiency or Natural mode, the suspension will transmit every road imperfection to your backside. Wind and road noise isolation is about average for the class.
      It is time to address the elephant in the room and that is Alfa Romeo’s reliability record. Since the Giulia went on sale last year, numerous outlets have reported various issues from a sunroof jamming to a vehicle going into a limp mode after half a lap on a track. The only real issues I experienced during my week dealt with infotainment system which made me breathe a sigh of relief. Still, the dark cloud of reliability hung over the Giulia and I never felt fully comfortable that some show-stopping issue would happen. This is something Alfa Romeo needs to remedy ASAP.
       Now we come to end of the Giulia Quadrifoglio review and I am quite mixed. Considering the overall package, the Quadrifoglio is not for everyone. No, it isn’t just because of reliability. This vehicle is a pure sports car in a sedan wrapper. It will put a big smile on your face every time you get on the throttle or execute that perfect turn around a corner. But it will not coddle you or your passengers during the daily drive. Add in the material quality issues and concerns about reliability, and you have a mixed bag.
      To some, that is the charm of an Alfa Romeo. Within all of those flaws is a brilliant automobile. For others, it is something that should be avoided at all costs.
      Disclaimer: Alfa Romeo Provided the Giulia, Insurance, and One Tank of Gas
      Year: 2017
      Make: Alfa Romeo
      Model: Giulia
      Trim: Quadrifoglio
      Engine: 2.9L 24-Valve DOHC Twin-Turbo V6
      Driveline: Eight-Speed Automatic, Rear-Wheel Drive
      Horsepower @ RPM: 505 @ 6,500
      Torque @ RPM: 443 @ 2,500 - 5,500
      Fuel Economy: City/Highway/Combined - 17/24/20
      Curb Weight: N/A
      Location of Manufacture: Cassino, Italy
      Base Price: $72,000
      As Tested Price: $76,995 (Includes $1,595.00 Destination Charge)
      Options:
      Driver Assist Dynamic Plus Package - $1,500.00
      Harman Kardon Premium Audio System - $900.00
      Montecarlo Blue Metallic Exterior Paint - $600.00
      Quadrifoglio Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel - $400.00
    • By William Maley
      Alfa Romeo is reportedly working on Giulia-based coupe that could go on sale as early as next year.
      Autocar reports the new coupe will share most of the front panels found on the Giulia sedan, although a different grille is likely. The rest of the model will feature all new panels including a lower roof and rear-quarter panels. Engines are expected to be the same as the sedan - two versions of the 2.0L turbo-four (197 and 276 hp) and the twin-turbo 2.9L V6.
      There is also an Formula 1-style energy recovery system (ERS) that is being worked on for this model. ERS basically harvests kinetic energy from braking as electricity and stores in a battery. A driver can use this electricity to add a bit more boost. According to sources, Alfa is working on two powertrains featuring this system - the higher-output version of the 2.0L turbo and the twin-turbo 2.9L V6. Outputs are said to be 345 hp for the 2.0L and 641 hp for the 2.9L. 
    • By William Maley
      Alfa Romeo is reportedly working on Giulia-based coupe that could go on sale as early as next year.
      Autocar reports the new coupe will share most of the front panels found on the Giulia sedan, although a different grille is likely. The rest of the model will feature all new panels including a lower roof and rear-quarter panels. Engines are expected to be the same as the sedan - two versions of the 2.0L turbo-four (197 and 276 hp) and the twin-turbo 2.9L V6.
      There is also an Formula 1-style energy recovery system (ERS) that is being worked on for this model. ERS basically harvests kinetic energy from braking as electricity and stores in a battery. A driver can use this electricity to add a bit more boost. According to sources, Alfa is working on two powertrains featuring this system - the higher-output version of the 2.0L turbo and the twin-turbo 2.9L V6. Outputs are said to be 345 hp for the 2.0L and 641 hp for the 2.9L. 

View full article
    • By William Maley
      If you thought Alfa Romeo was going to stop with just doing the Giulia sedan, think again. Motoring has learned that Alfa Romeo is planning to show a Giulia coupe at the Geneva Motor Show next month. 
      The report says the coupe will revive the Sprint name and take on the likes of the Audi A5, BMW 4-Series, and Mercedes-Benz C-Class coupe. The engine lineup will be the same as the sedan, which includes a turbocharged 2.0L four and the turbocharged 2.9L V6 found in the Quadrifoglio. Down the road,  Alfa will be adding a convertible and wagon to the Giulia lineup.
      No mention of when the Giulia Sprint could go on sale.
      Source: Motoring
  • My Clubs