December 2017: Ford Motor Company

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

I was looking at YTD. not just December. 

Even then it's compared to last December. 

As much as the Mustang is fantastic product.,..the market is moving away from this style of car I think.

3 minutes ago, dfelt said:

OUCH, if not for the explorer 33% increase, Ford would be massive negative. Brutal 34.1% drop in Continental sales.

Yeah.,. Fusion is dated Focus much more so. Outside of the ST model, Fielsta will not be missed. Taurus...last time I drove to North Carolina to see my parents I didn't see a current gen Taurus the whole way down.  Amazing they still make that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

There are plenty of Tauruses where I live but I still hate them so much. Ugly, bulky car. 

A shame Ford didn't get that one right....an SHO version of a car that size might make for a damned fine cruiser.  A little bit of Marauder DNA and we would be in bidness...

• Agree 1

It was "fine" when it first came out in like 08 or so but it is literally the same damn thing in 2018. The Fusion passed it up in interior space and about everything else while it was left to rot. The Fusion is was really did it in. 

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

A shame Ford didn't get that one right....an SHO version of a car that size might make for a damned fine cruiser.  A little bit of Marauder DNA and we would be in bidness...

They do have an SHO Taurus still. 365hp/350tq. 

Or did I read that wrong..? lol 

There is the Fusion Sport that couldnt have taken the SHO's place. But CUVs selling the way they do probably put that kind of sport sedan performance on ice. 

So...Marauder DNA does live in the Taurus SHO that could have been passed unto the the Fusion Sport but in reality its an Explorer that should be getting that kind of attention performance in the near future. Its easier for Ford to do in the future as the Explorer Police Interceptor gets heavy duty stuff, SUVs sell AND has a fleet service economy of sales to make the R&D for a badass Explorer more easier to swallow. 

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings